What happened to Boba's Bounty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Boba's. I purchased a tank cartomizer just so I could vape 100% VG Boba. My regular vapes are mostly 80/20 juices from HHV out of Vivi Novas. About a month ago I went to alien Vapors to order more Boba's, and was thrilled to discover it was now available in other PG/VG ratios. So I ordered 10ml of 50/50 and 10 ml of 80/20. Finally I'd be able to use Boba's Bounty out of a Vivi Nova!

What disappointment. Neither bottle tastes anything like the Boba's Bounty I was used to. They are quite simply awful. I let them steep for six weeks or so, and no improvement. I tried them out of a carto, and a VapeOnly bottom-feeder that I bought for Boba's originally, but couldn't quite handle the 100% VG stuff.

Now I don't know what to think. I know alien has been a bit unreliable as of late, but what happened to the Boba's recipe? If I order some in 100% VG, for use in a carto, will it be the Boba's that I remember? The 50/50 and 80/20 I received are so bad, that I wonder if the Boba's I'm used to even exists anymore.

Has anyone else had this experience? What happened at Alien Vapors? Boba's was a classic, I like it almost as much as HHV Gandalf/Legend, but these last two bottles are truly terrible. Like chuck-it-in-the-trash terrible.

Is Boba's Bounty over?

WhatSheSaid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Duncan, OK
I loved Boba's. I purchased a tank cartomizer just so I could vape 100% VG Boba. My regular vapes are mostly 80/20 juices from HHV out of Vivi Novas. About a month ago I went to Alien Vapors to order more Boba's, and was thrilled to discover it was now available in other PG/VG ratios. So I ordered 10ml of 50/50 and 10 ml of 80/20. Finally I'd be able to use Boba's Bounty out of a Vivi Nova!

What disappointment. Neither bottle tastes anything like the Boba's Bounty I was used to. They are quite simply awful. I let them steep for six weeks or so, and no improvement. I tried them out of a carto, and a VapeOnly bottom-feeder that I bought for Boba's originally, but couldn't quite handle the 100% VG stuff.

Now I don't know what to think. I know Alien has been a bit unreliable as of late, but what happened to the Boba's recipe? If I order some in 100% VG, for use in a carto, will it be the Boba's that I remember? The 50/50 and 80/20 I received are so bad, that I wonder if the Boba's I'm used to even exists anymore.

Has anyone else had this experience? What happened at Alien Vapors? Boba's was a classic, I like it almost as much as HHV Gandalf/Legend, but these last two bottles are truly terrible. Like chuck-it-in-the-trash terrible.

Is Boba's Bounty over?

Sounds like you bought the fake. :( Alien Visions E-juice (the real deal) and Alien Vapors (the imposter) are very different companies and the imposter is piggybacking on the real deal's success! You're not the first person this has happened to.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Are you sure you ordered from alien visions and not alien vapor? Two completely different companies. Alien vapor is a knock off.

Well son of a ...... I did buy the Alien Vapor knock off. I had no idea there were two of them, both selling a juice called Boba's Bounty. That is really low. I'm relieved that real Boba's is still around, but still ...... that I threw away my money on this awful crap that is going in the garbage.

Live and learn.

MrSelf Destruct

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cobra Island
Well son of a ...... I did buy the Alien Vapor knock off. I had no idea there were two of them, both selling a juice called Boba's Bounty. That is really low. I'm relieved that real Boba's is still around, but still ...... that I threw away my money on this awful crap that is going in the garbage.

Live and learn.

You can put it in the PIF section of the forums. Might be able to trade it or give it to someone who is having hard times right now.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Got some during one of the site test.

bb.jpg

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA

Live and learn.

I told a friend of mine about Boba's, AVE and how hard it was to get. He was very excited when he showed be two bottles of Boba's...from Alien Vapors. It sucked. So, you aren't the only one and there are undoubtedly many more. You may have seen that Alien Vapors has filed for a Trademark on the name "Boba's Bounty". Something very bad needs to happen to these guys.

I tried making the recipe for Boba's clone found in the DIY section of ECF. It wasn't bad but certainly not a perfect clone (Kudos to the guys working on refining that!). However, it was quite a bit better than what Alien Visions is pushing and I invested all of 3-4 hours in researching and making it. Alien Visions = dishonest AND lazy/incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread