What do you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelicTomPetty

Jun 8, 2014
Canada
I think most people already know what it is now. I feel ultra dorky with my device in public anyway so I take concealed hits when I need a fix so not many people ask.

I think the general public consensus from non vapers is "Oh lord their is another person with one of those dorky e cigs". But whatever, Life feels good now without cigarettes.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
I must admit to being slightly antisocial. When someone asks me what that is, I give them the blank stare.

Now, I'm a fairly big dude. Not a giant by any stretch, but at 6'1" and 220 lbs, I'm larger than the majority. However, I have a charisma and presence that has made true giants blanch.

My blank stare is enough to make almost anyone just turn the other direction and forget they asked me a question. Those few who don't will usually follow up with ridicule or sarcasm. When that happens, I begin to glower. They then leave, even if they wanted to stay.

There are, however, a select few who are immune to that sort of presence. I can tell who they are, because they just give me my blank stare back. On the rare occasion that this happens, I break into a grin and explain that "this is a non carcinogenic way for me to get my nicotine fix, with a whole spectrum of yummy flavors". These folks have the constitution to look past the glower and tend to be smart enough to listen when I speak.

My method isn't for everyone, even if they have the presence to pull it off. I just hate people. Don't get me wrong, I love individuals, but people don't stop being people and start being individuals until you make them engage their brains, which almost no one does while put in public.

Last edited:
I usually tell people it's "basically an e cig." It my town, maybe 45k people live here. Within the town there are 4-6 shops. So it seems most people know the difference between a mod and e cig. Older folk though give me the young deviant look though with my istick and my mechanical.

I did explain to an old man what it was used for and he said where a shop was and I told him a good place that had the starter ego and he seemed interested in it. Maybe he'll quit smoking too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread