• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivefivesix

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
california
i would love to hear 556's view on the AR/M16 vs AK/SKS issue...Wonder which one he is choosing??? lol

truthfully it's a tossup, vanilla or chocolate

the 7.62X39 has the edge on kinetic energy, but .223 has the edge on accuracy and distance

despite the common opinion, reliability and durability of the platforms is a wash, my ARs have all proven more reliable than my AKs

the real advantage is cartridge size, you can carry 30% more 5.56 than 7.62, so that is a big advantage to the AR

but it all comes down to what you have, either will work fine, it has more to do with the Indian than the bow and arrow

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
despite the common opinion, reliability and durability of the platforms is a wash, my ARs have all proven more reliable than my AKs

What?!? While I'm for the .223 over the 7.62.x39, in my experience it's the other way around. My AR (Colt) had several major malfunctions (even with regular maintenance), while my SKS and AK never failed to function despite intentional neglect! The only rifle I had that I intentionally treated worse was my stainless and synthetic 10/22 which was NEVER cleaned, kept in my dirty, cluttered trunk all year long for...5 years. The only reason I took it out of the trunk was because I was done with that car. The only malfunctions I ever had with it were caused by chipped plastic mag lips and it would still shoot clover-leaf or better at 100yds from a sitting position. You can't add 'reliability' to the AR's side over the com-block's, it requires too much upkeep in it's current configuration which is why I like the Galil over it.

FWIW, I've put several thousands of rounds through those (except the Galil) so I base my opinions on my experience.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Plan 1: Capture zombie, extract pineal sample, mix with special voodoo sauce and become super zombie.
Plan 2: Capture zombie, extract pineal sample, mix with special voodoo sauce and become super zombie.
Plan 3: Capture zombie, extract pineal sample, mix with special voodoo sauce and become super zombie.
Plan 4: Capture zombie, extract pineal sample, mix with special voodoo sauce and become super zombie. Then take over a prison.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
#1 Zombie plan with only items you can carry.

My plan would be to grab my gun, knives, and run faster than the rest of y'all - and probably die anyway. Realistically, that's the scenario. My current self protection is limited to a Sig .40 handgun, but I have it and several boxes of ammo. I've got a serious set of kitchen knives that could cause mayhem.

#2 Zombie plan with the addition of a mobile means.

I've got an SUV, but I'd head down the street and steal my neighbor's H1 Hummer. He polishes it obsessively, so it'd be slippery and the zeds couldn't hold on. Either way, living in CA, I have two 72 hour kits just inside the garage door, they'd go in the back. Gun, knives, chainsaw from the garage, and all the non-refrigerated food in the back. Refrigerated food that will spoil quickly and can be eaten cold in the front. Spare clothes (including my riding leathers and snow boots), my e-book, and all the vaping supplies I could lay my hands on.

#3 Zombie bunker plan.

Get to my parents' house, where they have everything set up for a bunker. There's advantages to having fundamentalist/apocolypse-fearing family.

#4 Zombie fantasy plan.

How does 10 years of totally self-contained, off-the-grid, zeds-can't-possibly-reach-you, luxury living sound? It works for me.

EC32-6 OPARUS UNDERGROUND SHELTER SYSTEM

And at less than $3M, fully configured and loaded, it's almost a steal.

How does 10 years of totally self-contained, off-the-grid, zeds-can't-possibly-reach-you, luxury living sound? It works for me.

EC32-6 OPARUS UNDERGROUND SHELTER SYSTEM

And at less than $3M, fully configured and loaded, it's almost a steal.

Oooooh... 3000 square feet of living space? 8000 cubic feet of food storage space? I'm smelling zombie plan of the week all over this. Do we know where one is?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Ok, here's a plan for an addition to a bunker

build a huge furnace under a false floor under the house. Luring zombies to under the house then dropping them into the furnace would provide a relatively endless supply of heat, electricity and the smoke would draw the attention of other zombies as well as survivors.

Fig-26-Open-Hearth-Steel-Furnace.jpg

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Hmm, that reminded me of a project Tyson has. They actually make high grade biodiesel, fertilizer, filter grade charcoal, purified water, and a medium BTU gas from all the parts of a chicken/turkey that doesn't get eaten. They say anything carbon based can be used too... Might be the ultimate defense/power source in the post Z day world!

Hmm, that reminded me of a project Tyson has. They actually make high grade biodiesel, fertilizer, filter grade charcoal, purified water, and a medium BTU gas from all the parts of a chicken/turkey that doesn't get eaten. They say anything carbon based can be used too... Might be the ultimate defense/power source in the post Z day world!

just noticed the sig line...ROTFLMAO

what about cowering wusses who won't go anywhere without their dogs and are well past breeding potential.....both me AND the dogs......is there a bed I can hide under?

I don't head for the hills without my puppy either. These guys are going to be great zombie alarms. My dog freaks out at the slightest noise of someone walking down his street... Puppy lovers are of course welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread