Status
Not open for further replies.

Seames5

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Cut Bank, MT
Got my grand and rm2 about two weeks ago and understand why people love them so much. Had only successfully built a few coils before getting it, but thanks to the wonderful people here had no trouble and had been vaping away at 1.3-1.5 ohms with cotton wick, no problems.
This morning i put a fresh wick in it before leaving for work. Vaped it a couple times. It seemed fine. Headed out the door. I did notice that my coil was slightly misshapen when pulling the wick through. Never caused a problem before. This time, i had a hot splatter of mentholated juice fly up into my eye from the air hole while driving to work.
opened it up and accidentally smooshed the coil, (still couldn't open left eye). Now can't tell what the problem was really. Was the wick too big? Up too high? Has anyone had this happen? BTW rebuilt it at lunch and all is wonderful in reo land again. I just want to figure out what caused the problem so i don't repeat it. Sorry for writing a book. TIA

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Got my grand and rm2 about two weeks ago and understand why people love them so much. Had only successfully built a few coils before getting it, but thanks to the wonderful people here had no trouble and had been vaping away at 1.3-1.5 ohms with cotton wick, no problems.
This morning i put a fresh wick in it before leaving for work. Vaped it a couple times. It seemed fine. Headed out the door. I did notice that my coil was slightly misshapen when pulling the wick through. Never caused a problem before. This time, i had a hot splatter of mentholated juice fly up into my eye from the air hole while driving to work.
opened it up and accidentally smooshed the coil, (still couldn't open left eye). Now can't tell what the problem was really. Was the wick too big? Up too high? Has anyone had this happen? BTW rebuilt it at lunch and all is wonderful in reo land again. I just want to figure out what caused the problem so i don't repeat it. Sorry for writing a book. TIA

Please post this thread in the REO Forum. We really want to help you with this. Many more will see it and respond.
Reos Mods

Usually air goes into the air hole when you draw. I am figuring your air hole was facing up when this happened. That is the best position for the air hole.

Wish you had a picture of your coil when that happened. Very hard to figure what made that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread