What could be wrong with my Kanger subtank mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I had the same problem with my first sub tank mini. It didn't matter what I did even with 50/50 juice it just never wicked or had bubbles in the tank. I had it replaced and the new one works perfect. I spent 3 days trying to figure out the problem and find and air leak or seal and nothing... Some of them are just defective. It's kanger. I expected every problem that has come up with their tanks... They don't care they just pump out new tanks and silently fix the problems as the arise.

yeah I started realizing I spoke too soon... started noticing it not wicking again, loosening the tank would help for a while then it would gradually stop wicking again.

Changed coil yesterday (and this was a new coil I'd put in Sunday night - so it was only 3 days old) - drastic improvement in wicking... today after I left the house, no wicking again. tinkered with it, seemed to find just the right spot between tightening/loosening the tank and got it wicking again. Topped off the tank this evening, now it's not wicking again. I think I've figured out that everything has to be lined up exactly right for this thing to wick, otherwise it won't wick at all. I don't know exactly what type of defect could cause this bizarre behavior, but life is too short for this - I have become obsessed with watching for bubbles, turning the tank, watching for bubbles, opening/closing the tank, watching for bubbles... it's insane.

rbferg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Asheville, NC
yeah I started realizing I spoke too soon... started noticing it not wicking again, loosening the tank would help for a while then it would gradually stop wicking again.

Changed coil yesterday (and this was a new coil I'd put in Sunday night - so it was only 3 days old) - drastic improvement in wicking... today after I left the house, no wicking again. tinkered with it, seemed to find just the right spot between tightening/loosening the tank and got it wicking again. Topped off the tank this evening, now it's not wicking again. I think I've figured out that everything has to be lined up exactly right for this thing to wick, otherwise it won't wick at all. I don't know exactly what type of defect could cause this bizarre behavior, but life is too short for this - I have become obsessed with watching for bubbles, turning the tank, watching for bubbles, opening/closing the tank, watching for bubbles... it's insane.

Sorry, I couldn't resist and I feel the same way sometimes watching for bubbles...:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread