• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Book Are You Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok, so I took the idea from the Lounge. A lot of the books there aren't my cup of tea, so to speak. So I thought we could do a similar thread here.

I know we are all reading THE BOOK, but what else are you reading? Christian studies books, history, (non-offensive) fiction?

I picked up a book at the thrift store yesterday "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" It is pretty good so far. She is talking about finding the time to spend time with God (like Mary) when you are so busy doing other things (like Martha) I'm the opposite. I need to put down the studying spiritual matters and get some housework done.

I am reading my "Quieting a Noisy Soul" ladies Bible studies book.

I'm also reading "The Joyful Christian: a collection of C.S. Lewis Writings"

So only three books for me right now. But I have managed to work C.S. Lewis into a third post today :D

~A

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I'm currently reading a BUNCH of Books.... :laugh:

Here they are;

1- "The Greatest Words ever spoken - Everything Jesus ever said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else" - by Steven K. Scott

2- "A Message from God" - (A 12 year old Boy's experience in Heaven) - by Retha & Aldo McPherson

3- "23 Questions about Hell" - (Everything you want & need to know!) - By Bill Wiese

4- "In Heaven! - Experiencing the Throne of God" - by Dean Braxton

I'm also going to view "the Rapture Revelation" (10 hours - 5 DVDs) by Perry Stone. - The Hubs & I purchased this at his conference here in Florida. Wish everyone here in the CV Group lived close enough for me to 'share' all the DVDs and books I have on everything.... we'd have tons of fun while learning and I make the meanest Tea in the World! :lol:
;)

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Florida isn't too far away from Virginia. And I do love tea :)

Perry Stone is great. He was one of my first teachers when I became a Christian. His was the first church service I attended as a Christian. I still can't get into the charismatic style, but no biggie. I don't like his style, or lack thereof, in clothing either. You know what I'm talking about. LOL And those two things are about equal in importance - meaning not very important at all. I really love him. He is a great teacher.

Might you be willing to pretend you are Netflix for a couple of days? Pretty please??

Love,
~A

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Florida isn't too far away from Virginia. And I do love tea :)

Perry Stone is great. He was one of my first teachers when I became a Christian. His was the first church service I attended as a Christian. I still can't get into the charismatic style, but no biggie. I don't like his style, or lack thereof, in clothing either. You know what I'm talking about. LOL And those two things are about equal in importance - meaning not very important at all. I really love him. He is a great teacher.

Might you be willing to pretend you are Netflix for a couple of days? Pretty please??

Love,
~A

.... yeah, Perry's awesome as a teacher... dresser? .. not so much... :laugh: I think his wife has been helping him out in that department of late.. he's improved somewhat over the past year... lol

hmmmmm..... CV Netflix?.... I think it can be arranged... How could I resist a 'pretty please' like that ~A?

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I know this is going to be a shock to everyone, but I am once again reading 2 books on Revelation. I do this all the time. One is by Dr. Adrian Rogers (who now is living with Jesus) and the other is by Hal Lindsey.:shock: I forget a lot of it, so I keep studying. Now my sister absorbs books like a sponge soaking up water. I would eventually like to get the Love Series by Janet Oakes.

I've recently gotten interested in a Sunday Morning show called 'The Jewish Jesus.' The guy is a Rabbi that accepted Jesus as Savior. He connects the Old Testament to the New Testament and I've found him fascinating, and I'm learning a great deal.....now how cool is that! Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks!:)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I know this is going to be a shock to everyone, but I am once again reading 2 books on Revelation. I do this all the time. One is by Dr. Adrian Rogers (who now is living with Jesus) and the other is by Hal Lindsey.:shock: I forget a lot of it, so I keep studying. Now my sister absorbs books like a sponge soaking up water. I would eventually like to get the Love Series by Janet Oakes.

I've recently gotten interested in a Sunday Morning show called 'The Jewish Jesus.' The guy is a Rabbi that accepted Jesus as Savior. He connects the Old Testament to the New Testament and I've found him fascinating, and I'm learning a great deal.....now how cool is that! Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks!:)

I :wub: that Guy Cuz!

By the way, ARE YOU KIDDING?... the Holy Spirit is leading you into all truths... nobody can teach you anything above & beyond that Girlfriend! :laugh:

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I'm reading a book about a Romanian Christian pastor who was imprisoned and tortured by the Communist Party back in the 50's and 60's for his faith. It's called "Tortured for Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand. It's an awesome read! He was in prison for a total of 14 years, and he suffered horribly. But his faith held strong, and he was finally released.

I have several other books to read on my list after this one. I just hope I can find time to read them. lol!

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have several other books to read on my list after this one. I just hope I can find time to read them. lol!

I think this thread was a bad idea. Now I have even more books to add to my already very long MUST READ list.

~A

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I'm reading a book about a Romanian Christian pastor who was imprisoned and tortured by the Communist Party back in the 50's and 60's for his faith. It's called "Tortured for Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand. It's an awesome read! He was in prison for a total of 14 years, and he suffered horribly. But his faith held strong, and he was finally released.

Lady T, does he use the analogy of Joseph being sold into slavery and winding up innocent and imprisoned for 14 years? That's what came to my mind. That just sounds so awful! We never know where our brother's shoes have been until they speak about it.:(

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I think this thread was a bad idea. Now I have even more books to add to my already very long MUST READ list.

~A

Lol! :laugh: It's not that bad!! What's bad for me is I've already run out of room on our bookshelves. Oh well, hubby and I will just have to build a few more! The first one we built was 5' x 5' and 6" deep and it was filled the day we finished building it! I wish I had room in our house for an actual library! We'd never want to come out of there! :laugh:

I also read my Bible first thing in the mornings. It's a perfect way to start my day!

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Lol! :laugh: It's not that bad!! What's bad for me is I've already run out of room on our bookshelves. Oh well, hubby and I will just have to build a few more! The first one we built was 5' x 5' and 6" deep and it was filled the day we finished building it! I wish I had room in our house for an actual library! We'd never want to come out of there! :laugh:

I also read my Bible first thing in the mornings. It's a perfect way to start my day!

So you're married to a carpenter? Cool hobby.:2cool: I know of a great man who was once a carpenter! His Name is above all names. I know you know who I am talking about. Isn't He awesome?!!?!!:)

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Re-reading "To Love is to be Happy With" by Barry Neal Kaufman. The author is not a Christian but he found a way to communicate and live the Biblical principle of "perfect Love casts out all fear". A life changing way to fearlessly walk the walk. It allows one to hear the Holy Spirit in a miraculous way, to discern truth and to love God, one's self and others in clarity and without judgment. As with most books, there are a few things that can be tossed... but overall, next to the Bible itself, it has impacted me more than any other book I've ever read. It can be found used on BN.com for just a few dollars or purchased new.

Kaufman also wrote an amazing book called "Son Rise" about the restoration and healing of his severely autistic son. Today, his son is completely functional graduate of a Ivy League university and runs the autism program at their institute. A phenomenol story.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
So you're married to a carpenter? Cool hobby.:2cool: I know of a great man who was once a carpenter! His Name is above all names. I know you know who I am talking about. Isn't He awesome?!!?!!:)

Hubby's not a carpenter, but he does know how to fix just about anything!

Yes, Jesus is awesome!! I would have loved to see some of the things He made as a Carpenter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread