What APV should I get. Evic or vamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinnMyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
New York
Unless one wants to puff vapor like "an old train's chimney" (I'm serious..), 5Volts will be more than enough.. I used to smoke hookah at least once or twice a week. Trust me, 5volts with 2.4ohm atomizer will produce as much smoke as a hot fruit-head of hookah molasses!

Now, does the VAMO have an upgradabe firmware? nope.. A monitoring software? nope! As good customer service as the eVic or MiD ? Of course not. Reliable, true, manufacturer's warranty? Nope, unless you send it back to China and hope it comes back.

If you decide to get the eVic, get it from Ovale USA.. They picked up on my first call when I entered the wrong shipping address and changed it immediately. Warranty is guaranteed on any manufacturer defects. That applies to the Janty MiD too.

Now let's compare aesthetics/looks!
The eVic: I see a classy design, a nice screen, two different kinds of threading (attach double the accessories!)
67883_385338511549432_1234251910_n.jpg

The Janty MiD: I see a good looking "Personal Vaporizer", I wouldn't be afraid to pull this out after dinner at a nice restaurant, an airport, or during break from a meeting at work.
Janty-MiD.png

The VAMO: Looks cheap, poorly designed, and frankly embarrassing to walk around with.
DiscountVapers.com_Vision_VW_chrome__72506.1355341491.1280.1280.jpg

I'm glad The Ocelot brought up the MiD, it's a nice PV too. Pick either the eVic or MiD ;)

Last edited:

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Big deal! There's a puff count on the screen, and expected puffs left based on the voltage. It might not be that important, but does that really make the eVic such a bad PV?! Who's not making sense here?

Please tell me this is a joke.. Keeping track of your vaping habits is nonsensical? I'll leave that to those with a little sense to think about..

A little justice here, but there's no such thing as "too much software", if you don't need to use it, set it aside and keep vaping..!

I do not plan on vaping forever, one day I will use the software to check my vaping habits and taper down on the nicotine and I'm sure it will be VERY useful when I need it. As for the hardware, I don't personally think the average -and even the pro- vaper would need more than what the eVic offers.. I do not need to puff clouds of vapor like an old coal train's chimney. The 5Volts with a 2.4ohm atomizer gives as much vapor as a a hookah does, that's already A LOT!

Hi Jenn. I will not commit to combat with you. But as far as my statements let me clarify a little for you.
Nonsensical.
If you need your your mod to tell your pc to tell you that you are over doing it , then you are over doing it.
You as a human observer of yourself should have the ability to reasonably quantify your own satiation.

I am an electronics technician by trade for the last 20+years. And yes there is such a thing as too much software. Especially when it comes to devices that can be run Efficiently by other means. There really is something to be said by the fact that there will be 2 software revisions of this unit before it reaches 2 months in the marketplace all on its own.

Not enough in the hardware department refers to the amperage limit of the unit itself. With the manufacturing capabilities of Joyetech they should have done more with the amperage output of this unit. I am not sugesting they give a new APV user a 10ampere output, with the ability to run 6.5volts...... But it would have been nice if they would have made it capable of more output than it has. It can't run a dual coil carto correctly, while most if not all the competitors can..... That is not enough hardware in my opinion. Do I think the average vaper needs that much hardware. No.

Please don't be offended by me not recommending your chosen device, it is not a judgement on you. I was answering Worthatry's question. My reasons are as valid as my answers.

If you don't plan on vaping forever, Great. There are many folks here who do. Myself included. Have I decreased my nicotine intake? Yes, almost entirely to zero. Do I enjoy vaping even at zero? Yes. Even without a puff counter and a pc interface.

Sylvaria

Jun 2, 2012
Indiana, USA
*shakes head* I am so not getting this e-vic vs. vamo fight here... All these thingys do one thing and that is deliver power to a coil to vaporize fluid. Everything else is about price, aesthetics and bells/whistles. I own a ego, ego twist, Vamo, Zmax V.2 and some old 401 stuff from waaayyy back. Do I NEED variable wattage... uhm no, I can get by, happily, with my twist if I want too or my ego passthrough. What do I prefer well that changes on a daily basis. I think my Z looks a bit nicer than my Vamo but they are SS devices, they both have a nice aesthetic look. Although, I'll likely get wraps for both sometime. It just all boils down to what is going to get you off analogs and what you enjoy. If it is all the neat stuff on the e-vic, go for it. If it is the simpler basics of the Vamo or Z go for that too or heck grab a Provari they are awesome devices and look good also. The goal is to get off the analogs period no matter what you do and enjoy it. I only get really fussy about the flavour.

Syl

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Based on the photos you posted, and also what i know about companies, I see your point.

I would go with the first two. :)

Evic or MID

Unless one wants to puff vapor like "an old train's chimney" (I'm serious..), 5Volts will be more than enough.. I used to smoke hookah at least once or twice a week. Trust me, 5volts with 2.4ohm atomizer will produce as much smoke as a hot fruit-head of hookah molasses!

Now, does the VAMO have an upgradabe firmware? nope.. A monitoring software? nope! As good customer service as the eVic or MiD ? Of course not. Reliable, true, manufacturer's warranty? Nope, unless you send it back to China and hope it comes back.

If you decide to get the eVic, get it from Ovale USA.. They picked up on my first call when I entered the wrong shipping address and changed it immediately. Warranty is guaranteed on any manufacturer defects. That applies to the Janty MiD too.

Now let's compare aesthetics/looks!
The eVic: I see a classy design, a nice screen, two different kinds of threading (attach double the accessories!)
67883_385338511549432_1234251910_n.jpg

The Janty MiD: I see a good looking "Personal Vaporizer", I wouldn't be afraid to pull this out after dinner at a nice restaurant, an airport, or during break from a meeting at work.
Janty-MiD.png

The VAMO: Looks cheap, poorly designed, and frankly embarrassing to walk around with.
DiscountVapers.com_Vision_VW_chrome__72506.1355341491.1280.1280.jpg

I'm glad The Ocelot brought up the MiD, it's a nice PV too. Pick either the eVic or MiD ;)

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
Oh, the opportunity for puns in that sentence... *bites lip*

Syl

A couple nibbles but no bites huh...

Well back on topic. I have been looking at both of those for my first mod. What i figured out is that they will both fit the needs of 99% of vapers out there, and the other %1 probably already have 5 provari's by now anyways. I kinda see it like this, I am getting a new truck. Do i get the basic model work truck, or do i get those heated leather seats.

They both claim to top out at 15 watts. But testing on both shows they top out at about 11.x. Well the VAMO will put out the 15 watts in stacked battery mode, but i already hear people replying about how that is a bad idea with these type of battery's. I'm probably gona end up getting a VAMO for myself but thats just because i'm a cheap :censored:.

Last edited:

Sylvaria

Jun 2, 2012
Indiana, USA
A couple nibbles but no bites huh...

Well back on topic. I have been looking at both of those for my first mod. What i figured out is that they will both fit the needs of 99% of vapers out there, and the other %1 probably already have 5 provari's by now anyways. I kinda see it like this, I am getting a new truck. Do i get the basic model work truck, or do i get those heated leather seats.

They both claim to top out at 15 watts. But testing on both shows they top out at about 11.x. Well the VAMO will put out the 15 watts in stacked battery mode, but i already hear people replying about how that is a bad idea with these type of battery's. I'm probably gona end up getting a VAMO for myself but thats just because i'm a cheap :censored:.

Oh.. I wouldn't say I didn't bite.. *looks left, looks right, peeks at SO's shoulder* Darn it...
Anyway back on topic. I haven't tried my Vamo at 15 watts yet... Think that will taste very burnt with my coils... I don't usually go higher than 9 watts max.

Syl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread