What am I doing wrong ? REO Grand, 18490, and a kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
Got a REO Grand for Christmas. I don't have any 18650 batteries because I elected to use the 18490 AW IMR's that I use with my Provari Mini along with a kick. I know the batteries work and atomizer. The kick is new, but I can't be for sure on it (Never used it until today). Despite my best efforts, I can't get the REO Grand to fire. The fire button doesn't seem to go down as far with the kick in, but maybe this is normal. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Got a REO Grand for Christmas. I don't have any 18650 batteries because I elected to use the 18490 AW IMR's that I use with my Provari Mini along with a kick. I know the batteries work and atomizer. The kick is new, but I can't be for sure on it (Never used it until today). Despite my best efforts, I can't get the REO Grand to fire. The fire button doesn't seem to go down as far with the kick in, but maybe this is normal. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

How did you ground the kick? Are you sure it is getting power? Do you have a pic of it installed? This thread is long, but contains lots of information that might help you. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/238603-kicked-reo-grand-18490-a-2.html

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I wouldn't think the Kick would be oxidized (Seeing how it is new out of the plastic box). I have it set at 7 watts with a 2.2 Joyetech Atomizer (Also new) that is firing fine on the Provari. Starting to think it may be a bad Kick. I've attached a pic of the way I have it installed.
IMG_2999.jpg

greeco555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Greece
most probably does not ground properly or your atty is making short
just set up the mod and ty to fire with out an atty on it and check if you hae an output if does then means your atty it does makes short, if does not fire then you have not ground and as another fellow said you will need to drag a wire from the kick ground to the ground of the unit

give a shot and let us know

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Is there something I could put on the inside of the REO Grand that would allow proper contact ? Oh- forgot to mention. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Lowes and home depot as well as most hobby stores sell brass or copper sheets that you can cut a strip and run it from where the contact for the ground on the kick down to the ground spring although I'm using the wire method myself like Tripp showed

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I just wanted to pop in to say that all of the batteries that said NO CHARGE in the volt meter, and then wouldn't charge on either of my chargers... the ones that weren't firing in my reo mini? welll, they are all firing in the reo now. I still don't know what was wrong but whatever it was, it seems to have fixed itself in the time my reo mini has been sitting on my night stand :p I am not OP.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I just wanted to pop in to say that all of the batteries that said NO CHARGE in the volt meter, and then wouldn't charge on either of my chargers... the ones that weren't firing in my reo mini? welll, they are all firing in the reo now. I still don't know what was wrong but whatever it was, it seems to have fixed itself in the time my reo mini has been sitting on my night stand :p I am not OP.

Those little battery elves!!!! You must watch out for them! They steal, and switch stuff. Sometimes they use spells to make things not work for awhile. Tricky little devils!! LOL!

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread