Well it had to happen eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I have vamo v5. Performs very well. In contrast to SID it has three buttons and it is really handy. I like it better with 18350 battery (not 18650): with this battery it is much shorter and nicely fits in hand. There are some concerns about longevity of 510 threads of vamo, but if you use ego-style clearos (as I mostly do) than it is not a problem. And it looks like you already have some of them in use.
As for “better built, should last a long, long time”, I am afraid in this price range we are out of luck.

If you have a bit of time to wait you better order vamo (or whatever else) from fasttech.com (China; post is rather slow) for $28.25. Do not order batteries from them – you’ll wait for much longer time because problems with customs.
$28.25 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If you decide to get a vamo, stainless still option is the best; other kinds of finish are supposedly not stable.
I do not think you can find regulated mod (VV/VW) without ohm meter; all these mods have to read resistance to function properly.

As a rather unexperienced vaper I am keeping away from mechanical mods: you need to know how to choose resistance of coils for your tanks.

Last edited:

Andrew1919

Jul 11, 2014
USA
Are you looking for a mechanical mod or a regulated mod? If you want an affordable mechanical mod you should look into clones, hcigar and infinite make fairly nice clones in my experience. Also the doomsday mod, which is an authentic mechanical mod, is under 100 dollars and is very nice. If you are looking for a regulated device, I think an itaste MVP v2 would be an upgrade from your current setup, but if you are looking for something more powerful than an mvp v2, that is regulated, you could consider the Sigelei 30 Watt, which does go up to 30 watts, so you can go down to 0.5 (I think) and that is also under 100 dollars. However, for this mod, you would need to buy 18650 batteries and a battery charger which would add to the price. Overall, if you are looking to get into much more powerful mods for cheap, the only way in your budget in my opinion is to buy clones.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have vamo v5. Performs very well. In contrast to SID it has three buttons and it is really handy. I like it better with 18350 battery (not 18650): with this battery it is much shorter and nicely fits in hand. There are some concerns about longevity of 510 threads of vamo, but if you use ego-style clearos (as I mostly do) than it is not a problem. And it looks like you already have some of them in use.
If you decide to get a vamo, stainless still option is the best; other kinds of finish are supposedly not stable.

I'm about to have a Vamo V2, and I understand that the V5 has the same body -- does it tolerate button-top 18350s? That's the size I'm planning to use, too, because the Vamo in 18650 mode is too freaking tall! :D

I'm getting the "black chrome" because I'm buying it to go with my gunmetal Smok UDCT; all the other "real" mods in gun metal are quite expensive, and I was able to find this V2 dirt cheap -- $17 -- so I figured what the hey, it's gotta be better than a non-variable eGo in gun-metal.

But I need to know if the button-top '350s I have will work; I want to keep my flat-tops for stacking in my Sigelei zmax v3.

Thx
Andria

brownbob06

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Northwest OH
Just to throw this out there:

I have a VAMO V2 with 2 18350 batteries. One's a cheap 900 mah that came with it and the other is a trustfire 1200 mah.

I only run one battery at a time otherwise it's huge. It has an extension you can attach to run it with 2 batteries at once that I never use.

The 900 mah will last me all day at work around 7 hours. I just got the 1200 mah and have used it all day today so far and it's been great. If it does die I can put the backup 900 mah in it and keep vaping.

I also have an ego-c twist as a smaller alternative but haven't found myself using it much since I broke the VAMO back out.

I like my CAMO much better than my ego-c twist and I use ego style clearos with it.

I bought it off of my brother who has had it since around last November or Oct. It's still going strong and I have to say I'm happy with it. If I were to buy a new one it would be more out of curiosity and wanting something "cooler" as this is quickly becoming a hobby rather than just a "quit smoking tool."

It is VV/VW with an LED display and ohmeter on it as well, but you said you're not opposed to the extra options so much as you don't mind if they're not available so that's not really a negative.

Sorry... that was REALLY long... I tend to ramble :/.

Full disclosure: this is the only mod I've used but don't see the need for another one either. Perhaps someone with experience with this mod + others will have a different opinion. Just thought it would be worth posting since I'm coming from ego batts as well!

Hope I helped!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I am sorry, I have no idea; I have never used button top batteries.

Guess I'll find out, then. I have both kinds, I just wanted to keep the flat-tops for stacking, it doesn't make my Sigelei so tall then, and I need to keep the pair together that I use for stacking. I've got some 18650s too, so if I have to I'll just use those in the Vamo until I can get some more '350s.

Andria

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Did some one say Bigger, Heavier?? well look no further

Zq7WZPA.jpg

Here's 3 of my Big Ones :D from left to right we have the Hcigar Helmsman toped with the 101Vape edition Big 26650 dual coil dripper, next is the El Gigante I'm Vaping clone with the Big Kayfun clone, sucker holds almost 15 ml of juice, and on the left is the Tree of Life clone with Ehpro's Big Buddha. Buddha is a must for any 26650 mech user. holds a bit over 10 ml, comes with both glass and SS tank sections, native dual coil platform, Kayfun style deck with mounting holes for coil leads. Puts all Kayfun single coil styles to shame. Much more extensive juice deck and build platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread