Well, I took the plunge..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
It wont, silica wont shrink to 2 mm without destrying the mini coil, you want wraps to be touching

But cotton at 5/64 can handle it, just do the flooding trick like i pm'd and you can start vaping right away

I've found that with cotton it is a must to torch the coil

With mesh sometimes you feel a difference though

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Did, not totally sure my squonking is working perfectly, could be that the hole it seeps through on the ceramic plate isn't aligned perfectly, but not sure how that could be if both post are, and screwed down.

Either way, the flavor is pretty good, can't complain.

I am determined to get this thing working like I want. It's a bummer I have to do all those modifications to get it to vape like stock regular 'meat tube' mech mod. Oh well, the fact of the matter is; half the fun for me is building, tweaking, and constantly improving my devices/vaping experience.

Hey man, I just want to thank you very much. You have been very kind and helpful. It's MUCH appreciated.

Gotta run to Home Depot for the Wifey. I'll check back in here soon, i'd definitely like to keep in contact with you as you have something I want :p

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
On a comp now.

Well, I am sure they will try and form some anti-cloudz alliance to ensure nobody purchases this brand new mod from me, so if you change you mind, I am sure I will still have it.

I truly wish I could fix the RM2. I am both frustrated and angered. I am frustrated I can't get it re-aligned, and angered that Rob would send the atty's out knowing darn well people (including myself) would have NOT bought these atty's if we knew the strict limitations on the wire thickness and inability to build dual coils.

dude, are you freakin delusional?

who is this "they"

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
dude, are you freakin delusional?

who is this "they"

It was a joke.

But if you can't read between the lines, then perhaps it is you that is in fact delusional ;)

I have done nothing but been polite and very nice to everyone here. I get attacked as if I just slammed someone child everytime I questions the Reo. It's ridiculous.

ANYWAY, this damn thing won't squonk :( All the tubing is fine, I think it has something to do with the ceramic plate orientation.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
It was a joke.

But if you can't read between the lines, then perhaps it is you that is in fact delusional ;)

I have done nothing but been polite and very nice to everyone here. I get attacked as if I just slammed someone child everytime I questions the Reo. It's ridiculous.

ANYWAY, this damn thing won't squonk :( All the tubing is fine, I think it has something to do with the ceramic plate orientation.

Are you looking inside, drip tip removed, as you squonk to see if juice is coming up through the little hole? If you are and there is no juice flowing then check your bottle and see if the tubing is touching the side or bottom of the bottle. If it is then it will form a suction and juice can not travel up the tube. Quick fix, just cut the tubing shorter. Check the cap also. Make sure it is tight enough so air will not escape through the cap when squonking. Not wrenched on real tight, but snug.

You can also remove the RM2 and make sure the juice is coming into the connector when you squonk. If it is then you know the RM2 is blocking the juice.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
good question Dennis :)

maybe he meant its "them"

whoever they are :facepalm:

C'mon now. Even (at least) one of your own Reoville residents is disgusted with some of the behavior towards me. No sweat off my back, but let's not pretend that everyone here can maintain a decent demeanor towards me. They can't. Why? That's where it gets funny/tricky.

Like I said in my OP of this thread, I am not doing the online animosty crap, if someone is 'offended' because the Reo isn't vaping as good as my "Phillipino meat stick".

I just remembered that a guy from work was messing wtih my atty while i was doing something and he unscrewed the bottom center post. That could be why it's not squonking. Anyone know how tight/loose the pin should be?

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
It was a joke.

if it was, a joke, cool. and if it wasn't a joke, that's cool too. :)

as someone who mostly just posts jokes who others may or may not "get", i'm well-versed in that dynamic :)

and as long as being delusional goes, i have some well-documented expertise in that mileu as well :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
C'mon now. Even (at least) one of your own Reoville residents is disgusted with some of the behavior towards me. No sweat off my back, but let's not pretend that everyone here can maintain a decent demeanor towards me. They can't. Why? That's where it gets funny/tricky.

Like I said in my OP of this thread, I am not doing the online animosty crap, if someone is 'offended' because the Reo isn't vaping as good as my "Phillipino meat stick".

I just remembered that a guy from work was messing wtih my atty while i was doing something and he unscrewed the bottom center post. That could be why it's not squonking. Anyone know how tight/loose the pin should be?

The center post on mine are very tight and tough to turn. So, I would say they should not be loose at all.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Okay folks....let's keep the temperature down in here...he is making the effort to find his sweet spot and is obviously frustrated. I don't want this thread to spin out of control. Lets remember that regardless of the words written on these pages, we can't always hear the intent behind the words and it is all too easy to get carried away.

We all use our Reos in different ways...and some find the need for more heat/vapor or whatever than others. I wish I could help, but I'm the laziest of vapors and have my rigs tuned in to my liking, so I have no experience with the modifications that others here use. The RM2 thing is unfortunate...an unintentional oversight for sure, but it is being addressed. BigCloudz...I have no experience with these new RM2s...so perhaps a call to Rob may be in order if you can't get it sorted out. He doesn't bite and is always willing to help.

:) Carry on.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
if it was, a joke, cool. and if it wasn't a joke, that's cool too. :)

as someone who mostly just posts jokes who others may or may not "get", i'm well-versed in that dynamic :)

and as long as being delusional goes, i have some well-documented expertise in that mileu as well :)

Okay, pot stirrer, feel free to not post in this thread. You clearly are a drama magnet, and that's what I am trying to avoid here. No reason for you to have said half the things you have said. The negative out ways the positive by a long shot, so again, feel free to stroll right along unless you have some meaningful input. Thanks.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Okay folks....let's keep the temperature down in here...he is making the effort to find his sweet spot and is obviously frustrated. I don't want this thread to spin out of control. Lets remember that regardless of the words written on these pages, we can't always hear the intent behind the words and it is all too easy to get carried away.

We all use our Reos in different ways...and some find the need for more heat/vapor or whatever than others. I wish I could help, but I'm the laziest of vapors and have my rigs tuned in to my liking, so I have no experience with the modifications that others here use. The RM2 thing is unfortunate...an unintentional oversight for sure, but it is being addressed. BigCloudz...I have no experience with these new RM2s...so perhaps a call to Rob may be in order if you can't get it sorted out. He doesn't bite and is always willing to help.

:) Carry on.

So far he has responded with a couple really brief PM's. He still has not answered my main question, but made it clear he will not accept used mods as returns. I am cool with that and do not expect him to take back a used mod. No worries there.

Where I disagree is the 'unintentional oversight'. There's a good reason why no vendors ship out posts with .017" holes. He said he slipped a 28g through and it fit, which led him to believe there wouldn't be issues. -- However if you read just about any micro coil/RM2 thread, there are tons of dual coil and 26g nichrome coils. I am not going to point any fingers, but I have a REALLY hard time believing that anyone would think it's ok to ship a product like that.

I am doing what I can to make the best of this, but it has not been a very good experience (again, this is MY experience).

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Okay, pot stirrer, feel free to not post in this thread. You clearly are a drama magnet, and that's what I am trying to avoid here. No reason for you to have said half the things you have said. The negative out ways the positive by a long shot, so again, feel free to stroll right along unless you have some meaningful input. Thanks.

if i have offended you i am truly sorry. that was not my intention. i DO realize that at least one of my posts in this thread could be construed as confrontational. again. that was not my intention.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
The center post on mine are very tight and tough to turn. So, I would say they should not be loose at all.

Ok I will snug it down. Man, I have no idea what the problem is. I took pictures before I took the atty apart to open up the post. I was thinking that I may have placed the post in the 'juice well'. I swapped it to the other hole, same issue. Not sure why there would be threads in the juice well? I am confused, and spent lol

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
if i have offended you i am truly sorry. that was not my intention. i DO realize that at least one of my posts in this thread could be construed as confrontational. again. that was not my intention.

It gets frustrating when all I am trying to do is get the most out of something, then have people criticizing me and acting like I am some young punk that has ill intentions. I welcome any and everyone to read through this whole thread and try to find something that is offensive or an attack. -- Just bc I say the Reo isn't living up to MY expectations doesn't mean its a piece of junk and/or is not a great device for many of other people. It's honestly odd how personal people get over an aluminum block.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Are you looking inside, drip tip removed, as you squonk to see if juice is coming up through the little hole? If you are and there is no juice flowing then check your bottle and see if the tubing is touching the side or bottom of the bottle. If it is then it will form a suction and juice can not travel up the tube. Quick fix, just cut the tubing shorter. Check the cap also. Make sure it is tight enough so air will not escape through the cap when squonking. Not wrenched on real tight, but snug.

You can also remove the RM2 and make sure the juice is coming into the connector when you squonk. If it is then you know the RM2 is blocking the juice.

It's weird. Sometimes it comes up to the ceramic plate, other times it doesn't. I feel like I have to push really hard and extra long as well. Idk man, like I said, I am worn out. Hopefully Rob will accept this thing as a return and I can move on. Even if he just gets it back going again and ships it back i'll be content. Chances are pretty high I will be selling the whole device, but I don't wanna jump the gun too quickly. I won't get what I paid for it if I sell it now (which has been 2 days), so I might as well wait a few weeks or a month, as i'll probably get the same amount for it.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
So far he has responded with a couple really brief PM's. He still has not answered my main question, but made it clear he will not accept used mods as returns. I am cool with that and do not expect him to take back a used mod. No worries there.

Where I disagree is the 'unintentional oversight'. There's a good reason why no vendors ship out posts with .017" holes. He said he slipped a 28g through and it fit, which led him to believe there wouldn't be issues. -- However if you read just about any micro coil/RM2 thread, there are tons of dual coil and 26g nichrome coils. I am not going to point any fingers, but I have a REALLY hard time believing that anyone would think it's ok to ship a product like that.

I am doing what I can to make the best of this, but it has not been a very good experience (again, this is MY experience).

Fair enough. But please understand we don't read all the posts in here. There just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with them all. It never crossed my mind...I would have made the same mistake had I been in his shoes.

But like I said...a simple phone call may get you the answers that you need. Believe it or not, he does care and is always willing to help.

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
It gets frustrating when all I am trying to do is get the most out of something, then have people criticizing me and acting like I am some young punk that has ill intentions. I welcome any and everyone to read through this whole thread and try to find something that is offensive or an attack. -- Just bc I say the Reo isn't living up to MY expectations doesn't mean its a piece of junk and/or is not a great device for many of other people. It's honestly odd how personal people get over an aluminum block.

trust me, i understand that. i've read your posts (pro-Reo and con) and it's obvious that you push the bleeding edge far more than i would ever dream of. that's perfectly fine. i have no skin in the game. you are far from the first person who has gone down your road.

but give me a pinhole of credit...
> I welcome any and everyone to read through this whole thread and try to find something that is offensive
while i did not really find it partucularly offensive, i thought the following was a tad odd, so i bolded it in my reply:
>Well, I am sure they will try and form some anti-cloudz alliance to ensure nobody purchases this brand new mod from me

i am not "they" nor a member of any alliance. and, again. i apologize if i upset you

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Fair enough. But please understand we don't read all the posts in here. There just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with them all. It never crossed my mind...I would have made the same mistake had I been in his shoes.

But like I said...a simple phone call may get you the answers that you need. Believe it or not, he does care and is always willing to help.

Huh. Odd timing on a lot of responses around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread