Status
Not open for further replies.

skex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Austin Tx USA
Welcome,

I’m forming this Social Group as central location for coordinating the activities of the Progressive Vapor’s in response to current legal actions regarding the sale importation and regulation of Electronic Cigarettes. Primarily to provide a central clearing house to be able to assist each other in pushing visibility of our issue on progressive blogs including such places as DailyKos and MyDD.
This is an open group, however I suggest those with more Right leaning views should form their own forum for coordinating activities on Right-Wing Blogs.
My initial objective is to create a pool of individuals who can support each other’s diaries by providing recommendations and comments to increase visibility of our diaries. This may be expanded into other avenues of activism as may take place.
For those unfamiliar with how these political blogs work members can post diaries on subjects of issue to themselves and those diaries gain visibility by being recommended by other users. A common tactic used by many popular bloggers is to email a list of supporters when they publish a new blog those supporters can then go recommend the diary to “put it on the rec list” which is a list of diaries that are of high interest. These diaries tend to gain much more visibility to disinterested parties leading to additional activity and debate.
My intention with this group is to facilitate such activities and provide a forum in which to also discuss ideas, perfect arguments and generally try to address this issue from a progressive standpoint.
For now I will be creating this group as an open un-moderated group and I would prefer for it to remain as so, as such I would humbly request that participants avoid ideological arguments.
The assumption here is that the group exists to help progressives address our political allies in a manner that will gain acceptance of electronic cigarettes. Not to convince right-wingers that they are wrong. As such I request that those with more right leaning views refrain from ideological arguments.
There are plenty of places upon which to debate the virtues of Conservatism vs. Liberalism this is not intended to be such a place. Please respect the spirit of the group and remain focused on effective strategies to lobby for continued availability of electronic cigarettes from a progressive ideological standpoint.

Thank you

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Welcome,

I’m forming this Social Group as central location for coordinating the activities of the Progressive Vapor’s in response to current legal actions regarding the sale importation and regulation of Electronic Cigarettes.

I suggest those with more Right leaning views should form their own forum for coordinating activities on Right-Wing Blogs.

So people with conservative viewpoints are unfit or unable to support keeping vaping legal?:confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It would seem that to be most effective all people who support vaping should band together regardless of political affiliation, race, religion to be the largest most effective force possible?

Unless the racial and religious qualifiers are coming in the next post...........

skex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Austin Tx USA
[/font][/size]

So people with conservative viewpoints are unfit or unable to support keeping vaping legal?:confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It would seem that to be most effective all people who support vaping should band together regardless of political affiliation, race, religion to be the largest most effective force possible?

Unless the racial and religious qualifiers are coming in the next post...........

Oh come on I mean different social forum not different forum period.

And Conservatives are welcome to participate here I'm just asking for them not to be disruptive and spend their time arguing politics. The idea here is for liberal/progressive vapors to collaborate in promoting vaping from a politically left perspective.

Treece

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA

I agree we should all band together for a common goal, but the approach, depending on one's political view, may need to be different.

For instance, when I'm talking to my liberal friends and family about e-cigs, pointing out a positive story on Fox News is not going to win them over; it's likely to do just the opposite.

It seems to me the liberal focus needs to be on public health and harm reduction rather than government regulation vs. personal freedom.

When I write to the Democrats I helped to elect, I tell them that I agree studies should be done to determine the safety of e-cigs, but that I don't want them banned in the meantime.

So, same goal; different angle.

Treece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread