Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
There is one here that has a few locations. They are opening up a new store close to me. My wife, who is a full time student, applied for a job there. She got an interview and was really excited about it. She goes and she said it was just a really weird interview. One thing she found odd was the guy told her that people were not to hang out and vape all day. That it was a business and needed to run like one. I get that. What I don't get is the name of the shop has the word lounge in it. How can you use that word and not expect people to come in and hang out? Just found that odd. Needless to say if they offer her the job she is going to decline it. Not for that reason but for many others.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
The problems with a lot of Shops is that they only employ young people like 19. Personally I would love to work in a vape shop and I am 41. But I can understand a lot of the teenagers that work there only want to play around and not actually work. I think that is what the shop owner was trying to imply that he didn't want "buddies" hanging out all day distracting the employees.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
MANY vape shops are owned by people who hope to turn their hobby into a career, but don't have the actual knowledge and experience (or money) to run a business. This guy's probably trying to not be like the shops that deter new customers because they're always occupied by 5 guys filling the place with clouds (but not buying). That's understandable - presuming "lounging" in the "lounge" is OK for actual shoppers.

I'll trust that there were other red flags from your post!
:D

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I totally get not hanging out and just as some back ground my wife is 31 and decided to go back to school to better herself. But yes there were a lot of red flags. I do t think that saying he does not want people hanging out all day vaping would have been too much of an issue if she had not felt like she was being interrogated instead of interviewed. All the shops around me people hang out at all the time. If I was more of a social person and could afford all the new toys I too might hang out more. Personally I really don't get hanging out at a vape shop. I don't hang out at a sporting good store.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I totally get not hanging out and just as some back ground my wife is 31 and decided to go back to school to better herself. But yes there were a lot of red flags. I do t think that saying he does not want people hanging out all day vaping would have been too much of an issue if she had not felt like she was being interrogated instead of interviewed. All the shops around me people hang out at all the time. If I was more of a social person and could afford all the new toys I too might hang out more. Personally I really don't get hanging out at a vape shop. I don't hang out at a sporting good store.

Cigar and pipe tobacco shops generally have a lounge, in my region at least.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Dang there is a good one right in deer Park across from San Jac. Vapor Country is really good people. Then stratus vape over on Bay area and El Camino there is htx and ts vape on El Camino have not been to vaping sisters on Spencer in the Kroger parking lot. Have not been but heard good things. Vapor sense on edgebrook and 45 kick ash out on Nasa at the Burlington coat place. Vaporesence in Pearland on 518. And that is what I can think of off the top of my head. The one I was talking about will be over across from Walmart on Fairmont and the belt. That will be ecig and vapor lounge. If you are on fb look up Houston vapor club. Great group of people on there.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks brother the only one one I've been to so far is Vapor Sense on Fairmont and 146 will have to go check some of the others ones out. I appreciate Vapor Sense for getting me off the cigs since I bought a good bit of juice from them and my starter kits but after I found Reo's and Nicoticket/DIY kinda gave up on B&M's but still have the urge to go check them out once in awhile.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Don't blame you one bit. I keep going cause I don't do the diy. Always looking for good liquid. Ya I would really recommend vapor country. Small place but cool people. They are going to open a new shop and close the one they are in. Not sure when or where but sure it will still be in deer Park.

Nice that's right up the street from me will give them a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread