Weight Gain or Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I asked a question similar to this one months ago but don't feel I explain it right to get the answers that I was looking for.

My questions are:
Have you lost or gained weight since vaping?
What ratio do you vape?
How long have you been vaping?
Are you a dual vaper ( vape and smoke cigarettes)?

I am asking because I have been gaining weight at a steady rate. I have been eating healthy for about three weeks now and not one pound lost. In fact I gained 2 pounds. ( I wasn't eating horrible before this either) I just needed to cut out all sugars and salt completely just to see if I could lose even a pound.

I am starting to really believe it's the PG. However I can't vape a high VG as my face breaks out like crazy. At least it did for about four months or more before I switch to a higher PG. I am thinking about trying 50-50 and see if my face still breaks out or not and if I lose some weight by switching.

Here's my info:Have you lost or gained weight since vaping? Gained
What ratio do you vape? 75pg 25vg
How long have you been vaping? 1 year and a bit
Are you a dual vaper ( vape and smoke cigarettes)? No only vaping

Just wanted to add that I do not have any medical condition causing this as I've been to the doctors and he has taking blood and checked me out. So I believe that's all good.

i am just trying to see if there is a connection with pg and weight gain and / or vg and weight loss.

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
No weight gain, I have been the same 145-155 lbs since 1984, Hs Grad. Smoked since about 1980 or before. Started vaping June 2014, 8 months, last cig was in December. vaping 12mg juice at 70VG/30VG down to 50/50 PG/VG. Never have been a VG fan, don't like the flavor. But since most juice is moving toward VG. I'm having to learn to like it.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Here's some information for you.

VG - 5 cal/ml = 100 cal/20mls
PG = 4 cal/ml = 100 cal/25mls

Find an activity that you LOVE to do. For me it was inline skating. Lost 100 lbs in one year and had a **blast** doing it.

Forgot to add my information:

Have you lost or gained weight since vaping? Stayed the same
What ratio do you vape? 50pg/50vg
How long have you been vaping? 8+ years
Are you a dual vaper? No, vaping only

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I have lost weight.
I vape 65-70% VG with 15mg nic.
I've been been vaping for about 14 months now.
No, I am not a dual user.

My advice: Focus on reducing carbs, not eliminating sugar and salt. Your body turns most carbs (starchy foods like bread, pasta, or potatoes) into sugars almost immediately.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
My info:

Have you lost or gained weight since vaping? Initially stayed the same. Then I got lazy and food started really tasting good. Gained about 10 lbs. Now I've been motivated to get healthier (had an event to go to and the mirror told me the truth). Good news? I can exercise and breathe while doing said exercise! I have lost that 10 that I gained plus a couple more. :D I found a diet program that helps me to keep track of all my intake.

What ratio do you vape? 70PG/30VG

How long have you been vaping? 2 years 4 months

Are you a dual vaper (vape and smoke cigarettes)? Dual use for the first month, just vaping 2 years and 4 months

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would be apt to blame the weight gain on cutting out all sugar and salt than think vaping is the cause. Your body was used to getting those and you have thrown it into a tailspin. It is trying to figure out what is going on and while doing so it is hanging on to what it is being given. As one poster suggested, cutting back on carbs should help you get to where you want to go. JMHO

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
In my 10 years as a semiprofessional smoking quitter I did gain some...
I was hoping vaping will help me to loose weight. OK, I did loose about of 10% of what I got in 10 year in the first 2 months of vaping. In next 8 months - no changes. I exercise, avoid hight-calories foods 6 days in a week, but I cannot live without bourbon and nicotine. So much for loosing weight.

I do not believe you can gain weight because of consumption of juice. I do believe you can gain weight due to vaping - when you try to get rid of taste buds depression (like in vaper's tongue case). For me magic food is well marbled steak with good helping of french/chineese/russian style very hot mustard. It helps tastebuds tremendously, unfortunately it helps in weight gain also.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have lost weight (to the point of too much), but I believe it has nothing to do with vaping. I have chronic pancreatitis, and possibly another health issue, which is being investigated now. The weight loss is very likely the pancreatitis due to malabsortion/maldigestion.

I vape from 50/50 to 80vg/20pg.

I've been vaping since March 6, 2014 and quit smoking May 5, 2014.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
From what I know, cigarettes increase your metabolism, and because of this you create less insulin. So when you quit smoking, your metabolism falls, but it takes a while for your insulin production to come back to normal, and that's why some people gain weight after quitting smoking. I don't know what effect vaping has on metabolism, or insulin production though. Maybe somebody who knows more about that can chime in.

As for weight gain, I went from a pack and a half to 6mg vaping cold turkey a month and a half ago and haven't seen any real weight gain. I usually gain a few lbs around this time of year because I'm not mountain biking because of the weather.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Gave you lost or gained weight since vaping?
Stayed the same.

What ratio do you vape?
Nothing with less that 50% VG and mostly stuff that is 70% PG if I can

How long have you been vaping?
It will be 6 years in a few more months

Are you a dual vaper ( vape and smoke cigarettes)?
I have a cigarette every four months or so just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread