Website Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Hi Folks, just today we updated the madvapes website with a new template and some other changes!!

Over the last year or so, our website became bloated with stuff that I thought would be important to have but the website became really slow.

We average about 160 people on the website at any random time but it can peak to 500+ users when we send out a newsletter.

Our web guy Jason worked feverishly and did an amazing job getting the new site up and running. :)

We've gone back to basics a bit on some things and had to adjust some others. You may notice that our shipping rates changed to be the exact discounted rate we get back from USPS or Fedex. In some cases the prices have gone down from our standard $2.99 shipping for lower weight items shipped USPS first class. We still absorb the costs associated with picking, packing and shipping and do not make a single dime off of shipping, in fact we lose a lot with shipping and packaging costs.

Our minimum for free shipping has gone to $100 :(

I'm really sad to say that but I truly believe in great customer satisfaction so as a trade off, over the next couple of weeks you'll see our prices drop dramatically on a lot of products.

I hope you guys enjoy the new website and as always appreciate any feedback.

hoog

Last edited:

spivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2009
VA
Sorry it took so long, but it's still not loading properly. This is all I see:
mverror.jpg

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Hi Folks, just today we updated the madvapes website with a new template and some other changes!!

I hope you guys enjoy the new website and as always appreciate any feedback.

hoog

The new web design doesn't work for me. The banner that drops down as you scroll hogs up too much space. The top third of the screen is taken up by the MadVapes banner. Why does that need to be fixed there anyway? It leaves too little room to view the products. It's nearly impossible to see two rows of items at the same time. The Wholesale site is much more user-friendly. I'd rather browse on the Wholesale site where I can check-out the products and make comparisons. I hope it gets corrected soon. Ideally, I would like to see a dozen products per screen. I can't even see four items. This is really a problem when scrolling through e-liquid. It's two flavors per screen.

I'm working off an IBM Thinkpad using Chrome.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
The new web design doesn't work for me. The banner that drops down as you scroll hogs up too much space. The top third of the screen is taken up by the MadVapes banner. Why does that need to be fixed there anyway? It leaves too little room to view the products. It's nearly impossible to see two rows of items at the same time. The Wholesale site is much more user-friendly. I'd rather browse on the Wholesale site where I can check-out the products and make comparisons. I hope it gets corrected soon. Ideally, I would like to see a dozen products per screen. I can't even see four items. This is really a problem when scrolling through e-Liquid. It's two flavors per screen.

I'm working off an IBM Thinkpad using Chrome.

Here's a screen shot of what I see when I browse e-Liquid on the MadVapes new website:

MadVapes.jpg

I used to be able to see several flavors at a time.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Since you're on a thinkpad, have you considered zooming out on the browser? That would give you more of the graphics on a smaller monitor.

Thanks for the tip. Resolving the issue for me won't matter very much. I'm a loyal MadVapes customer (11 orders already) and I'll continue to place orders regardless of whether I struggle with the web design. Hoogie requested feedback. I suspect my feedback will be useful. It won't be difficult to do some end-user tests. Showing more products on the screen for all users would be good for business.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Thanks for the tip. Resolving the issue for me won't matter very much. I'm a loyal MadVapes customer (11 orders already) and I'll continue to place orders regardless of whether I struggle with the web design. Hoogie requested feedback. I suspect my feedback will be useful. It won't be difficult to do some end-user tests. Showing more products on the screen for all users would be good for business.

I agree... they're in the fine tuning stage I think so the more feedback the better it will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread