Website downtime - Phone orders still accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dear VS customer(s),

I am currently in the process of migrating the databases from the old server to a new one. The cause of the instability in the website and the downtime experienced over the past 4 days is due to the fact we have been "exceeding" our RAM quota.

If the new server is indeed the answer to the problem, we should be completely functional in the morning. In the meantime, if you'd like to place an order please phone it in. We truly do appreciate your business.

Eric

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
[RANT]
The whole situation makes little to no sense to me as the problem is recent (apparently only beginning when skydragon made their post a few days ago) we have made very few changes in the past 3 months to the website, and the only thing that has changed in our VDS is an increase in stored data within our database, mostly customer/user accounts which wouldn't take up much RAM in the first place.

Godaddy suggested I remove the Simple Control Panel, so I did. No changes in instability. Godaddy suggested I remove any additional resources that were unused, such as programming platforms our website doesn't utilize, so I did. No changes in instability.

To resolve the problem I've upgraded to a 2 GB RAM VDS that should be able to handle whatever is causing the instability, and then some.

When I spoke with Godaddy they told me the dedicated server I recently purchased is of a newer system, and so, should have absolutely no problems and will, in fact, run smoother than the old one ever did.

My opinion on the matter is Godaddy has been denying resources to users of the older systems in order to push us to "voluntarily" purchase into their new systems. I might be wrong, but the situation seems very, very suspect.

If there are any veteran programmers or server technicians out there who have any idea why the website might be exceeding it's RAM limit, please feel free to speculate with me. The logs show nothing but RAM limits being exceeded, down, then manual power cycling.
[/RANT]

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wait til you see the new model :)

Sounds interesting Eric, looking forward to hearing all about it :D

The UK website came back up for a while today (but with out any products showing).However, all I'm getting now is "Server not found" again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread