Web Site Down / be9.net "coming soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Instead of the "closed until early September" notice, the DV web site is now returning an "Error 403 - Forbidden," and the main be9.net site just says "coming soon."

So does this mean DV will be back soon with a new site, or has it become entirely a TW supplier and the retail web store is now gone for good?

At least for the time being we're wholesaling to TW and TECC, and there will certainly be more outlets in the future.
When I started Decadent Vapours as a home-based "cottage industry" retailing my own juices, I found that the order processing, and packing and posting was by far the most time-consuming part of the business, and there was no way I could have coped with more than a couple of dozen orders a day, working alone.
Now I've effectively outsourced the distribution and delivery, I can concentrate on what I'm best at - producing great tasting ejuices (now thousands of bottles a week,) with a wider range of flavour and diluent options than would have ever been possible before.
We now have a proper flavour lab, production facility and workforce, and a batch control system to ensure that every bottle is traceable and its ingredients (all of approved food-grade or pharmaceutical-grade standard,) fully accountable.

So I'm afraid, though I too remember it fondly, the old website won't be coming back, and direct sales are unlikely to either. But within 6-12 months (assuming we ever catch up with demand!) I hope you'll see more retailers carrying our juices and flavour concentrates :)

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
At least for the time being we're wholesaling to TW and TECC, and there will certainly be more outlets in the future.
When I started Decadent Vapours as a home-based "cottage industry" retailing my own juices, I found that the order processing, and packing and posting was by far the most time-consuming part of the business, and there was no way I could have coped with more than a couple of dozen orders a day, working alone.
Now I've effectively outsourced the distribution and delivery, I can concentrate on what I'm best at - producing great tasting ejuices (now thousands of bottles a week,) with a wider range of flavour and diluent options than would have ever been possible before.
We now have a proper flavour lab, production facility and workforce, and a batch control system to ensure that every bottle is traceable and its ingredients (all of approved food-grade or pharmaceutical-grade standard,) fully accountable.

So I'm afraid, though I too remember it fondly, the old website won't be coming back, and direct sales are unlikely to either. But within 6-12 months (assuming we ever catch up with demand!) I hope you'll see more retailers carrying our juices and flavour concentrates :)

All good news, except that I can't actually USE any of your liquids that are currently available—TW only carries 36 mg and 18 mg concentrations (I need 0 mg) in PG form (I need VG), and the range of flavours they have available appears to be a small subset of your old product line. TECC's selection is even more limited than that, with 36 mg PG liquids only.

So I'm happy that I got what were probably some of the very last "green bottles" to go out the door (shipped the week before you shut down retail operations, I believe), but those won't last forever. (Well, okay, the Diabolo Loco will; even if I used it every day, I'd still be bequeathing the rest of the bottle to my grandkids on my deathbed. ;)) Here's hoping TW starts carrying 0 mg VG DV soon, or I suppose I'll have to switch over full-time to ECOpure and/or ULTRApure.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
All good news, except that I can't actually USE any of your liquids that are currently available—TW only carries 36 mg and 18 mg concentrations (I need 0 mg) in PG form (I need VG), and the range of flavours they have available appears to be a small subset of your old product line. TECC's selection is even more limited than that, with 36 mg PG liquids only.

So I'm happy that I got what were probably some of the very last "green bottles" to go out the door (shipped the week before you shut down retail operations, I believe), but those won't last forever. (Well, okay, the Diabolo Loco will; even if I used it every day, I'd still be bequeathing the rest of the bottle to my grandkids on my deathbed. ;)) Here's hoping TW starts carrying 0 mg VG DV soon, or I suppose I'll have to switch over full-time to ECOpure and/or ULTRApure.

"Behave, or I'll leave you the Diabolo Loco in my will" :evil::lol:

The 0mg VG-based will probably be one of the last options to be filled I'm afraid (for every bottle of that that's ordered, we probably sell 30 bottles of 36PG,) but we will get there (if only for completeness' sake,) and hopefully soon.
In the meantime (and even then,) the flavour concentrates and Aqueous Glycerine are far more economical, and will produce an identical product (albeit without the fancy bottle.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread