We can all stop Vaping now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
Finally the day has come, an Rx that will help everyone quit smoking!!!

Important Safety Information
Some people have had changes in behavior, hostility, agitation, depressed mood, suicidal thoughts or actions while using CHANTIX to help them quit smoking. Some people had these symptoms when they began taking CHANTIX, and others developed them after several weeks of treatment or after stopping CHANTIX. If you, your family, or caregiver notice agitation, hostility, depression, or changes in behavior, thinking, or mood that are not typical for you, or you develop suicidal thoughts or actions, anxiety, panic, aggression, anger, mania, abnormal sensations, hallucinations, paranoia, or confusion, stop taking CHANTIX and call your doctor right away. Also tell your doctor about any history of depression or other mental health problems before taking CHANTIX, as these symptoms may worsen while taking CHANTIX.
Do not take CHANTIX if you have had a serious allergic or skin reaction to CHANTIX. Some people can have serious skin reactions while taking CHANTIX, some of which can become life-threatening. These can include rash, swelling, redness, and peeling of the skin. Some people can have allergic reactions to CHANTIX, some of which can be life-threatening and include: swelling of the face, mouth, and throat that can cause trouble breathing. If you have these symptoms or have a rash with peeling skin or blisters in your mouth, stop taking CHANTIX and get medical attention right away.

The most common side effects of CHANTIX include nausea (30%), sleep problems, constipation, gas and/or vomiting. If you have side effects that bother you or don't go away, tell your doctor. You may have trouble sleeping, vivid, unusual or strange dreams while taking CHANTIX. Use caution driving or operating machinery until you know how CHANTIX may affect you.

Bahahahaha...and people worry about e-cigs!

Ron -

jamiemarie

Moved On
Mar 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi my name is Jamie. I tried using the Chantix 2 seperate times for 3 months at a time and it did not help me quit. I smoked Marlb. Menthol Lights for 15 years . The Chantix did help me go from 2 packs a day down to 1 pack a day, but as far as quitting it didn’t do the job. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. The Chantix also made me real irritable and moody. Not worth all the side effects at risk. Then I tried the ego-c and I haven’t smoke a regular cigg since i bought it. And now I’ve been cigg free for a little over 2 months. I feel so much better. Couldn't be any happier . The e cigg is the way to go. I advise everyone to try the e cigg before they try the Chantix for sure. Im sure it helps some but not all. And then the side effects yah weigh your options not so good in my opinion.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
aaah the corrupting power of money.
No one has ever had any serious problems for vaping, yet its completely banned in some countries, "under legislation" in others, and a matter of controversy.

Meanwhile this useless CRAP with a success ratio below 10%, and with REAL hazards to healt is allowed world wide.

Amazing what tobacco tax money (and maybe even "contributions" from tobacco companies) can do huh?

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Hold on a second. Chantix is responsible for a heck of a lot of people quitting smoking and I for one cheer when anyone finds a way...

Those labels that get put on Pharma products are the results of lawyers. Why are people so ready to believe a product ike that is responsible for 10/1,000,000 people having a horrible reaction, but disbelieve that it's responsible for the millions that have been successful? And NO, I don't work for them, but did try it when I was still feeling horrible and weak for not being able to quit "cold turkey" like all the "tough" folks. It's actually a pretty interesting mechanism in that it goes directly after the nicotine addiction by blocking the bodies ability to process nicotine in the brain. I had no side affects, but it did nothing for all the other crappy habits that came with smoking for me.

Can you imagine the field day they'll have when vaping gets regulated and people start posting topics about excess phlegm and tight chest and allergies or inhaling products with ingredient lists with question marks in it?

I don't mean to vent, but we're fortunate to have found an alternative that works for us. There are still a lot of folks searching for theirs... I am thrilled to be on day 82 and simply can't find joy in other torment or bad consequences for trying to do something positive.

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
+1 for cloud wizard's comment on cheering any way that people find to quit smoking.

For me, it's good thing I started vaporizing because Chantix hasn't been doing it for me. Chantix plus Nicotine gum even still hasn't done what I needed it to do! I've tried Chantix Rx four separate times hoping I was really ready to quit.

Actually, I've been cursing over the tiniest things for the past couple of months (around the time I started taking Chantix - tho it took me until three weeks ago to actually stop smoking). Also having strange and vivid dreams (sometimes violent), so I have gone off of it today hoping that will reduce my angries.

OTOH, if you have the Chantix Rx, sign up for the GETQUIT.COM plan - it is very helpful and supportive. It'll call you everyday, morning and night if you like, and remind you to check-in - which is supposed to be everyday, too. When you get online, the information and daily activity is superb. Recommended!

Last edited:

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I tried taking chantix to quit smoking and it did help me quit smoking, it didnt have any unusual side effects with one exception.....

It made me manic depressive.

A little background, my wife and i have been together for nearly ten years. We dont fight like ever.... we have pissy moments but are both quick to apologize and usual when there is a disagreement she calls me an ... and i call her a horrid wench and we get on with life. We dont come to blows and generally have a very healthy and trustful relationship.

While On chantix, I did not notice the changes in my behavior but I began taking everything my wife said in the worst possible way sometimes even reading into statments which had no meaning other than their plain spoken meaning and taken them very personally and emotionally. I remember the breaking point i had just got home after a 14 hour shift and was dog ... tired. I walked in and went straight upstairs showered and sat down at my computer read some emails and came down stairs. She said something to the effect of Hey I am gonna go upstairs and give the kid a bath since i know you dont feel like doing it. I got ...... walked down the steps was grabbing a plate to heat myself up a meal and just flipped out. Breaking the plate on the floor screamed at her you think i wanted to be gone all day, you think i enjoyed my f'ing day? You think I want to come home dead tired and take this type of crap from you? grabbed my keys and blew out the door. Went down the street bought a pack of smokes and began puffing away in the parking lot and there i laid in my truck to take a nap. I awoke feeling guilty and horrible. I went back home apologized and after alot of talking about my felings i explained to her I fealt she had been targetting me with her comments for several weeks and i had had about enough. I couldnt hold it in anymore.

She explained that I had been on edge for the last few weeks and that she attributed it to me quitting the smokes. I told her no it wasnt that. It was more of I just fealt like she was out to get me. I stopped taking chantix that night. Over the next few days it seemed as though my relationship with my wife settled out and things went back to honky dorey.

I saw my Dr. and he said that it sounded like the medication was causing me manic depressive disorders and to stop taking the chantix immediately. She explained that while many side effects of medication are mild, that this disorder was created by chemical imbalances and that sometimes when things like this happen, even after stopping the medication the imbalance DOES NOT self correct and people who were otherwise normal psychologically can become permanently disturbed.

I was shocked because while taking this medication I did not notice the change in psychology. it fealt as if i were normal and the world around me had changed. Pretty scarey stuff. What if this had impaired me for the rest of my life. What if I did not return from that state of mind. I cant be the only one who experienced this trauma.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
I was at the doc's the other day. A new PA (physician's assistant) came in and asked me a ton of questions.... When I mentioned I had switched over to an e-cig and had only been smoking 2 -3 analogs a day, all she said was that they were not approved by the FDA!!!!! If I wasn't in such a hurry to get the heck outta there, I would have given her quite a lesson! grrrrrrr..............

Wondertwin

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2012
Texas
newq mine and my husbands experience was incredibly similar to yours. Honestly, the mood swings and attitude changes were worse than the physical withdrawal symptoms. We have kids, so I think we saved the best of ourselves for them and then when they went to bed the gloves came (figuratively!) off. It was horrible. love our ego-t's. Marriage saver!

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Hold on a second. Chantix is responsible for a heck of a lot of people quitting smoking and I for one cheer when anyone finds a way...

Those labels that get put on Pharma products are the results of lawyers. Why are people so ready to believe a product ike that is responsible for 10/1,000,000 people having a horrible reaction, but disbelieve that it's responsible for the millions that have been successful? And NO, I don't work for them, but did try it when I was still feeling horrible and weak for not being able to quit "cold turkey" like all the "tough" folks. It's actually a pretty interesting mechanism in that it goes directly after the nicotine addiction by blocking the bodies ability to process nicotine in the brain. I had no side affects, but it did nothing for all the other crappy habits that came with smoking for me.

Can you imagine the field day they'll have when vaping gets regulated and people start posting topics about excess phlegm and tight chest and allergies or inhaling products with ingredient lists with question marks in it?

I don't mean to vent, but we're fortunate to have found an alternative that works for us. There are still a lot of folks searching for theirs... I am thrilled to be on day 82 and simply can't find joy in other torment or bad consequences for trying to do something positive.

PLoS ONE: Suicidal Behavior and Depression in Smoking Cessation Treatments

John1952

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
United States
On my last visit to a doctor, several months ago, we discussed my smoking. The only thing he knew about quitting was Chantrix. It's like that's what they're trained to say. I mentioned an e-cig, which I knew very little about at the time. He knew even less than I did.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when medical practitioners have no idea what the most effective method of smoking cessation is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread