Wasted Juice in Cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodiac247

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Hmm, so vaping has been going great. Love the different flavors, and havn't smoked since, but with another thread I posted about losing the taste, I noticed something. If I don't directly drip on the atomizer, then fill the very top of the cartridge, then there is no flavor. I get vapor, but it tastes like nothing.

Well I pulled the filler out, and it looks to me that there is plenty of juice in the filler, just not at the tip of the cart. Is this juice being wasted? Should I just drip on the atty and the tip of the cart?

Any suggestions?

sparky79

Moved On
May 15, 2010
Chicago
Hmm, so vaping has been going great. Love the different flavors, and havn't smoked since, but with another thread I posted about losing the taste, I noticed something. If I don't directly drip on the atomizer, then fill the very top of the cartridge, then there is no flavor. I get vapor, but it tastes like nothing.

Well I pulled the filler out, and it looks to me that there is plenty of juice in the filler, just not at the tip of the cart. Is this juice being wasted? Should I just drip on the atty and the tip of the cart?

Any suggestions?

What flavor are you smoking and is it PG or VG?

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I don't know what type of cart you're using, some have good luck with modifying their cartridge fill methods, like the straw and spring, which are somewhere here in the forum. I've had better luck with removing the filler and filling to about 2/3rds full with liquid then filling just the tip end with my fill (which would reduce the fill by about 2/3rds, poking it in abit to saturate then pulling it back towards the tip. It's wicking much better this way and I get tons of flavor. Hope this helps!

I have found that I get the best taste out of my flavors by pulling the Batting out of the cartridge and throwing it away. I drip directly on the atty, as do alot of Veteran vapers.

With this method you just drip 2 or 3 drops directly on the attty, put your empty cart back in and vape away for 5 to 10 minutes of hard vaping before it needs more, no more wasting juice.

With that being said it works better with a Manual battery, because its sealed up, automatic batteries have holes in the battery, they are air activated. The juice (CAN) get in there and short the battery.
I have a DSE901 automatic that I have been dripping for about a month now and have no problems, but I drip and vape, Not Drip and leave it on the table or drip it and put in my pocket.

Hope this helps, I have also noticed that I get much stronger hits using the drip method.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I have found that I get the best taste out of my flavors by pulling the Batting out of the cartridge and throwing it away. I drip directly on the atty, as do alot of Veteran vapers.

With this method you just drip 2 or 3 drops directly on the attty, put your empty cart back in and vape away for 5 to 10 minutes of hard vaping before it needs more, no more wasting juice.

With that being said it works better with a Manual battery, because its sealed up, automatic batteries have holes in the battery, they are air activated. The juice (CAN) get in there and short the battery.
I have a DSE901 automatic that I have been dripping for about a month now and have no problems, but I drip and vape, Not Drip and leave it on the table or drip it and put in my pocket.

Hope this helps, I have also noticed that I get much stronger hits using the drip method.

I've been vaping for about 3 months. After about a month, I got tired of fiddling with cartridges, etc. and almost exclusively direct drip. It produces a much cleaner flavor, with no plastic undertone. I occasionally use a cartomizer for certain situation s when dripping is not practical, but maybe only about 10% of the time.

The best way to drip (instead of constantly removing and replacing an empty cartridge) is to use a drip tip. There are many cheap ones, but the best is a stainless steel T-Tip from Super T. It has a perfect "wide mouth" design to allow the drops to easily it the target, and funnel down to the atomizer. Stainess steel is best, I think, becauseth drops more easly slide down to the atty, rather than sticking as it sometimes does with a plastic drip tip. Not the cheapest, but a stainess steel Super T drip tip will last forever, so a good investment, IMHO.

RadicalJD

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Zodiac, I drip now and then at home, but when I'm driving, I need either a cart/atty set up, or a cartomizer. In the forums there are several threads about modifying your cartridges in order to hold more juice, and to get all the juice out. That filler that comes with them is pretty thick and it doesn't let you get all the juice out, usually. You can either change filler to something a little more porous like the blue foam (search blue foam on the forums here) or somethimes they take out the filler, fill the cart about 3/4 full, then just cut about half or 2/3 of the filler and stick the little (1/3 the size) filler back on top. Get it moist with a drop or two, then vape away. This works for me. Actually, my favorite filler is the blue foam. Look up cart mods and you'll find a bunch of videos and good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread