Status
Not open for further replies.

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
Hi, Im Dustin, I go by Atari on this forum or the 8 others Im registered on. I used to run a review site (click the banner below for reference) I havent worked on it since August. I got burnt out, I spent more time trolling forums and vendors than I did with my family. I still have about 1k visitors per month, but Im no GrimmGreen or (insert popular reviewer here) I dont want to pick back up with my blogging addiction but still want to do something to help the community. I could troll the new members or ask the vets forums, but there are a million other members that will provide the same service of, " your carto is dry....add more juice before your burn it. Already burnt it? Throw it away and try again."

I want to offer my services as a writer and a marketer. I see so many good companies with little exposure, poorly managed websites, poor customer follow up and or representation be it forums, social media, or general community reputation. I dont have a huge site, its not getting outrageous page hits, but I know how to reach the people you want to reach. This community is social, its just a matter of where and how you reach them. I know these services are vauge, but its a vendor by vendor basis of how you can reach your customers, and increase business because word of mouth is everything in the vaping community and if your customers arent happy word gets around. FAST. I ask very little in return. Again its a case by case basis but I assure you Im very cheap. Looking over your web site, giving you a marketing strategy based on your budget and goals, suggesting ways you could better serve/reach your customers or writing up a review or two, I might ask a bottle of juice if you have something I like lol or a link to my review on your site. If you want ROI spreadsheets and targeted market research with a full roll out ad campaign........well have to talk about that.

Credentials? My blog, I have a BA in Marketing from WVSU, I have 10+ years in marketing consulting for local small businesses and organizations. 15+ years sales experience. But the kicker is I have seen the rise, fall, and fizzel of many ecig shops over the years and can tell you why each situation happened.

DISCLAIMER
I will not work with dishonest, uncaring, vendors. If you sell an inferior product at an inflated price ( unless you dont know your doing it) I want no part of your business. I am doing this mostly as a public service. Im not seeking a profit, or a bunch of freebies. I want people to be able to find good vendors, and I want good vendors to reach more people.

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
Wow, I have received some great feedback. Thank you all so much for reminding me that there are great vendors out there that want to help their customers find something thats so much better than smoking or a gas station e cig. I do have several vendors that I am responding to, but please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Just a quick thought -- I know I personally would love to see a business that is experienced or at least familiar with the wide world of PR work, especially one focused on e-cigs. We have done some pretty basic stuff locally and gotten excellent results out of it, but we;'re just kinda flying by the seat of our pants and making it up as we go. We've done things like press releases on a new store opening and co-op marketing with some local bars and restaurants, and the results have been (in our eyes anyway) phenomenal. I shudder to think what someone who knew what they were doing in marketing and focused solely ont he e-cig industry could do with some of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread