Wanting another ecig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
So, just shopping for another VVPV and wandered back in here. It's been awhile so I thought why not check back in. It's also been awhile since I bought the Buzz Pro (#237) I've been using every day. Now I stop in here and what do I see, Mike behind closed doors in his mad scientist lab creating another toy... I mean mod, ecig, VVPV, whatever?

So, my dilemma! In my shopping for a new ecig I noticed A TON OF NEW stuff to choose from. Do I wait possibly 2-3 months or more to see what he is up to? I do have my original Buzz as a back up (I'm calling it #1 :) ), but it went swimming with me in Sardinia Italy a couple years back and is little finicky now for some reason. Still, my BP works great. Hmmm, decisions, decisions!!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Great to see you here Moseng! We are all looking forward to Mad Scientist Mike's newest creation :)

Yep, lots of new toys out there, I personally stick to what has been proven to work for me! My original Buzz, and all of my Buzz Pro's are still puffing away, as well as my VVPV bottom feeder.

notcogsfamily1-8-13002_zps7258a5e4.jpg

Last edited:

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Most of the new stuff out there has a bunch of 'features' I neither want nor need. Or it's unregulated.
A lot of disappointment... even the Billet Box, which looks beautiful to me (and copies much of the Buzz electronic design), only does cartos in it's tank. VV Reo is the main thing tempting me these days - and that only as a vvpv back-up (yes, I sent it in again).

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I was using my Beta Buzz the very first one I ever got with screws, the light that sticks out, and extra holes (like I said it was a beta) but I really like it and have been using it a lot lately. I like the fact that it's off until you push the button but it also has a very steady and strong puff too it. Besides once the screw is adjusted I don't move it any more.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I like my VV feeder, but keep returning to the Buzz Pro with M1A1/fusion whenever conditions are ugly or I'm doing a lot of work with tools. It just plain works, always, stands up to abuse without issue.

I also keep a low end PV in my car, have pulled it out when I forgot to bring batteries on a long day or had a rare in-use carto failure while out and about.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
VW gets you to consistent power if the resistance of the atty/carto changes over time, as well as if you change cartos/atties, say to use a different eliquid.

Only for me it is a shrug. I use good cartos/atties, and have a real all-day-vape so run the same setup all day, every day, other than for a carto change every 20 ml or so. I get little noticeable resistance shift in the atties/cartos, would just nudge the wheel a little if I wanted a change. I may nudge the voltage up or down slightly at other times, but it is really rare, and frankly would be doing the same with VW, since those occasions are ones where I've wanted to change the net power a little.

The aspect of the power output being saved if you switch to a completely different carto/atty is also a shrug to me. I don't flip tank/carto during the day, to run different flavors, and even if I did I have been vaping long enough to know that different flavors are better at different voltages/powers. I like my vanilla tobacco at 8 - 10W, the preferred voltage/power will vary a bit but that's the zone. My vananaberry I run cooler, some straight up tobacco flavors I would run hotter. Adjusting a wheel up, whether for higher voltage or wattage, or down to decrease, is something I would be doing whether VV or VW if I was completely changing resistance or flavors.

I do care about consistency, that once I set the voltage (or power) for a given resistance, the device stays there, and at that the notcigs electronics are excellent. Loaded voltage will read slightly lower than unloaded, however what I've seen is real consistency in the output once it is set at a given point. A fresh set of batteries with a carto shows say 4.9V under load, measured with my separate meter, and I'll get the same 4.9V just before the batteries need to be changed.

So, net, for me, at a practical level the two do the same thing. Then again I'm also a person who doesn't care about digital voltage or ohms readouts -- I don't mind them, just that they don't matter, I set power to taste not to a meter.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
That's pretty much what I thought, thanks for the explanation Mark. I vape the same way, I know what tastes right to me from flavor to flavor. I can certainly see the appeal to the gadget gurus who want to know and see all that info, but I prefer the simplicity myself.

One thing I've learned is to never say never, but I doubt you'll ever see a digital screen on a Notcigs APV :) We build our APVs to be rugged out in the field, for daily use, by people who work hard and play hard!

brhollifield

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Hampton Roads Virginia
VW gets you to consistent power if the resistance of the atty/carto changes over time, as well as if you change cartos/atties, say to use a different eliquid.

Only for me it is a shrug. I use good cartos/atties, and have a real all-day-vape so run the same setup all day, every day, other than for a carto change every 20 ml or so. I get little noticeable resistance shift in the atties/cartos, would just nudge the wheel a little if I wanted a change. I may nudge the voltage up or down slightly at other times, but it is really rare, and frankly would be doing the same with VW, since those occasions are ones where I've wanted to change the net power a little.

The aspect of the power output being saved if you switch to a completely different carto/atty is also a shrug to me. I don't flip tank/carto during the day, to run different flavors, and even if I did I have been vaping long enough to know that different flavors are better at different voltages/powers. I like my vanilla tobacco at 8 - 10W, the preferred voltage/power will vary a bit but that's the zone. My vananaberry I run cooler, some straight up tobacco flavors I would run hotter. Adjusting a wheel up, whether for higher voltage or wattage, or down to decrease, is something I would be doing whether VV or VW if I was completely changing resistance or flavors.

I do care about consistency, that once I set the voltage (or power) for a given resistance, the device stays there, and at that the notcigs electronics are excellent. Loaded voltage will read slightly lower than unloaded, however what I've seen is real consistency in the output once it is set at a given point. A fresh set of batteries with a carto shows say 4.9V under load, measured with my separate meter, and I'll get the same 4.9V just before the batteries need to be changed.

So, net, for me, at a practical level the two do the same thing. Then again I'm also a person who doesn't care about digital voltage or ohms readouts -- I don't mind them, just that they don't matter, I set power to taste not to a meter.

Best explanation of VV / VW I have seen / read yet... I have both a VV and VW mods and like to run them on VW because I don't have to " figure any thing out " and as you said... once you get it dialed in it's set it and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread