Want to start DIY need some newb help

Status
Not open for further replies.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
Hi all,

I have been researching and planning to make a purchase so I can begin making DIY liquids. I have been looking at some websites and thinking about getting a DIY starter kit. Some include glassware with all the measuring supplies and other kits contain The Nic, Pg/Vg base, Flavoring sample packs, and an assortment of bottles. Would it be wise to make these type of purchases??

I was wondering what websites you can lead me to with your personal preferences and any newb info on buying products and flavorings for a first timer. This process for me is about saving money. I dont want to break the bank on the start up and am hoping to get everything for under $100 and be set.

P.S.
Does anyone have a recommendation for what mg Nicotine to order. I vape at 3mg and 6 mg and will be making to suit.

What do you suggest for the pg/vg mix for Unflavored Nicotine? I vape from 50Pg/50Vg up to 10Pg/90Vg

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Reactions: comeonhitme

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Hangsen makes some of the best tobaccos. Inawera has some good stuff as well. Hangsen vanilla is also very good.

Inawera black for pipe .25ml
Fa espresso .1ml
Fa vanilla classic .1ml
Tfa whipped cream .2ml

Mixed this per 10mls. Close as I have come to wakonda. Been a while since I vaped it but it is in the ballpark. I use a dripper so it works for me. Clearo's may need a higher percentage

If you are mixing vg heavy mixes get your nic in vg.

Reactions: comeonhitme

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
Im thinking of ordering from a few different sites.

Both Pg and VG base. Essential Depot. Definitely seems the cheapest at 1 quart (over 900ml) for $13 each
Maybe a small lab set with a few gradual cylinders etc. Also syringes and alot of empty bottles. Looking at Rts Vapes and Ecig Express.
Ive been reading about some people weighing their juice instead of measuring?
And lastly I need to get some juice have been hearing about bull city a whole lot as recommended and also wizard lab

Last edited:

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Thanks. ANy suggestions on must have stuff? Anything that works better in a certain size or makes life a whole lot easier for yourself?
A SCALE! I made the mistake of ordering lab glass along with a scale, and the lab glass is collecting metaphorical dust. Measuring ingredients by grams will make for 0 cleanup, and more accurate mixes. You mix right in the bottle, and won't have to worry if the marking on the lab glass is accurate.

This is the one I have and I'm getting very consistent results. Just started DIY a week ago, and I am able to make 50ml bottles in under 5 minutes with no cleanup.

EDIT: Bull City Vapor is the best place to get ingredients (I haven't tried the PG/VG). The flavors that I have ordered come in HDPE (the crystal clear plastic) squeeze bottles with a plastic needle dropper cap so that will eliminate the need for 3-5ml pipettes (unless you buy the 4oz bottles). They ship from Durham, NC and everything I have ordered there is sent via 2-Day Priority.

Last edited:

Gfdeputy2

Account closed on request
Sep 5, 2015
New Hampshire or New Vapeshire
Bought my DIY kit from liquid barn biggest kit that I know of. It will make about 1400Ml
comes with everything you need & then some
only drawback is the limited choice of flavors but you choose 10 to go with the kit
there are also discount codes you can find online
I now order my flavors from Bull City
but liquids from the liquid barn

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I'm a huge proponent of measuring with a scale.

I would still go ahead and pick up a set of graduated cylinders because, well, they look cool.

Seriously though, I find having a 10ml and a 25ml cylinder around handy for doing things like changing the nick content in a juice that I didn't make or things along those lines. Also, I like having a 50ml and a 150ml beaker around to mix in when not going directly to a bottle. When I am making a new juice I like to see the color clearly and make sure that it is well stirred and that requires purchasing a few glass mixing rods. All these can be had for cheap on Amazon. Also, baby food jars work well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread