Want to get into dripping - Question on setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I recently took the plunge over to RBA's and have loved every second of it. Really wish I'd have been persuaded to go this route from day 1. I've been using the EHPro Kayfun and hcigar Taifun GT on a Provari. I've gotten the hang of building various coils and wick setups.

So my itch I'm looking to scratch now is dripping on sub ohm coils. I've looked at some setups and am leaning towards the EHPro Caravela clone with a Patriot RDA. This one here.

Caravela Mechanical Mod Ehpro Clone Stainless 18650 Patriot Atomizer Gold 22mm | eBay

So my questions.

1. Does this look like a good setup? Any pro's/con's you can think of that I should be aware of? Would there be a better RDA worth considering?

2. I've read a bit about batteries and understand the main differences between protected and unprotected. The ones I have today are protected efest 18650's. My understanding is I should be using unprotected on the mechanical mod correct? Was looking at the Sony 2000 mah type. Do I need a different charger? The one I have today is the cheapie efest 2 bay charger.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Get a copper or brass mod like the nemesis, chi you, Hades or stingray. Get one with copper contacts if possible. You can do better than that price for a clone. That Ebay price is high. Get the Sony 30 amp batteries. They are reliable on their claims. If you want some links on pricing let me know. FYI the Nemewis has more choice on Hybrid kits. Hybrids have a lower voltage drop so they are better for sub ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread