VX2 kits received, synopsis and some questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
It is Friday and I have received the two VX2 PV units. THANKS for the fast service Shawn, much appreciated!

Remember, not only did I get the VX2-M kit (with 2 manual batts & 5 pre-soaked carts) but I also got the $26 passthrough KIT, which includes a new V-118 atomizer, passthrough and 5 pre-soaked carts (not to be confused with the $15 passthrough only). I also got 2 spare batts (1 auto, 1 manual) so I actually have 2 PV's, 4 batts + passthrough. I'm sure these two units will allow me to be vaping for a while and as far as other PV models/units (posssibly better in some ways), I won't be missing what I've never sampled. I've already tried some passthrough vaping and I'm not too keen on the flavor of the pre-soaked carts. I do however like the COLA juice I tried! Think I'll just save the yucky pre-soaked carts as backups.

I have noticed that ALL FOUR of my batts will show a red LED on either charger for a short period before turning to a green LED. I have to assume that someone has already charged these batts? ....OR should I just leave each batt on the charger for the initial 8HR charge even though I already have green LED's????

Also Shawn, I used the USB passthrough for a very short time and it is now a dead stick (inoperable). I tried EVERYTHING from switching attys, wiggling/rotating the 5VDC barrel & USB connectors, various USB ports/sources, etc....it's just dead. I also find myself wishing I had ordered 2 of the little black carry cases, since I ultimately ended up with 2 PV kits.

Overall I'd have to say I'm very pleased and I truly believe I'll be able to quit smoking with these VX2 units. Wish this technology was available a LONG time ago!

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Understood. Perhaps the LED changes color after the current level of charging decreases, yet it still needs to trickle for quite some time to reach full charge state. I just have to figure out how long to charge these batteries each time after the initial 8HR charge.

One of my chargers sometimes makes a subtle sound that seems like a high frequency (high pitched) oscillation. Only does it after the first few minutes of charging (lower charging current only). It is the one that came with the VX2-M kit (Anthin model# APW305UB-03-06). Perhaps it is simply a switch mode power supply with one of those little opto-isolators after the main rectifier. Perhaps it is the rectifier diodes themselves that are just resonating during low voltage forward bias. Either way, it seems to work just fine; but to avoid hearing that shrill sound, I won't charge it in the room I'm hanging out in.

Also, the $7.95 rectangular USB charger (JSB-USB01-C) has a slight interference issue with the tact switch on the manual batteries. IF you screw it all the way in, the edge of the plastic cylinder bore will actually push against the side of the button. I shaved the end of my charger down just slightly on a bench sander to eliminate this physical clearance issue. The trick is to sand only a little at a time to avoid excessive melting of the plastic. I trimmed the small excess bead of melted plastic with a sharp Xacto knife when finished. No doubt, this charger was originally designed and intended for the automatic batteries, however it works just fine on the manual batteries by sanding away about 2-3mm from the bore end of the charger body. This attention to detail might prevent a premature switch failure, but as much as I'll be vaping, I'll bet the battery will be toast long before the switch ever wears out.

The VX2 atomizer seems to get better at making vapor the more I use it. Shawn said there was an initial "break-in" on the atomizers and I can see that now. The vapor production is very good on this little PV unit. The draw is very light. I might buy another VX2-M kit next week for added redundancy. It just might keep me away from smoking cigarettes, so in my view it's well worth the small investment.

Last edited:

LockMD

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
This is my first pv too and I love it. Haven't touched a real cig in over three weeks! Shawn is the best too. All in all, I've got to say that this has been a great experience!

I'm sooooo jealous of you all reporting that you quit so easy. Maybe its all in my head or I really dont have the "want to" quit as much as I think I do :confused:

Anyways, tomorrow is my quit date. I've been mixing posions and have a 510, 402, and 2 VX2's ready to go. Wish me luck.

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
I'm sooooo jealous of you all reporting that you quit so easy. Maybe its all in my head or I really dont have the "want to" quit as much as I think I do :confused:

Anyways, tomorrow is my quit date. I've been mixing posions and have a 510, 402, and 2 VX2's ready to go. Wish me luck.

Good Luck Lock! I didn't pick a quit date. I just waited until I ran out of analogs (cuz if I have 'em I WILL smoke them LOL) then I just found I was OK without them. Of course my VX2 was permanently attached to my mouth for about a week. 8-o:lol:

Don't stress over it. You are on your own terms for this quit!:D

LockMD

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Good Luck Lock! I didn't pick a quit date. I just waited until I ran out of analogs (cuz if I have 'em I WILL smoke them LOL) then I just found I was OK without them. Of course my VX2 was permanently attached to my mouth for about a week. 8-o:lol:

Don't stress over it. You are on your own terms for this quit!:D

Thank You, Lalesa!

I'm the type where I need to have analogs on hand, if I know I'm out the craving gets 10 fold. I need to know they are here and I'm not doing it by choice.

I whipped up 3 more batches tonight. Orange Cream, Grape, and Watermelon. (DIY kinda thing) 24mg and I have Licorice and Apple on standby LOL. So Five flavors, 3 devices..... If I cant quit now, then I deserve a bad lung disease.

Janetda

ECF Veteran
Hey Lock,

I think we each have our own way of doing things. For me it was easy, I admit. From the first time I inhaled the e cig, I haven't touched my analogs and I've got almost a whole carton sitting here. I do vape more than I smoked though and I smoked about 2 pacs a day for the past 35 years...so I vape a lot, but mostly only 11mg. Truthfully, I don't know if I'm getting more nic or less and right now I don't care. When I have been tempted to get out the old cigs, I just think of the smell and the amount of money I've spent on these things and my urge goes away. :)

Good luck!

towardsthelight

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Ohio
Hey Lock,

I think we each have our own way of doing things. For me it was easy, I admit. From the first time I inhaled the e cig, I haven't touched my analogs and I've got almost a whole carton sitting here. I do vape more than I smoked though and I smoked about 2 pacs a day for the past 35 years...so I vape a lot, but mostly only 11mg. Truthfully, I don't know if I'm getting more nic or less and right now I don't care. When I have been tempted to get out the old cigs, I just think of the smell and the amount of money I've spent on these things and my urge goes away. :)

Good luck!

Very true... and I love your signature!

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Hi Doc! My VX2 was my first experience with vaping. I've been a 2 pack a day smoker for over 35 years, and I haven't touched an analog since I got this sweet little vaporizer.

I hope you have the same success!

Jan

Thanks Jan. I have a lot of faith that this will be the thing that will enable me to finally quit smoking. LockMD needs to just ditch those analogs and rationalize that vaping does indeed supply plenty of nicotene. It's not easy for me either, but having the analogs around just makes it too easy to smoke them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread