VV Grand button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plaz

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
Churzee
Apologies for asking a question that's undoubtedly been answered here somewhere, but I tried some searches and wasn't able to find the answer...

What's the backstory on the VV Grand button? It looks like originally it was a recessed button, which seems to make a lot of sense to avoid accidental pocket-firing. But now it's a bigger button that is no longer recessed, but protrudes from the side.

Why was the original design revised? Does this newer arrangement make it more imperative to turn off the mod before pocketing it?

Thanks for any insight! (Yes, I'm already contemplating buying a second Reo!) :lol:

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
The original button unfortunately had an unexpected high failure rate and once the problem was identified Rob quickly let it be known that he would change out all the buttons with the newer design at no charge. (Obviously the mod had to be sent back but turn around is exceptionally quick.)

Because the new button is a non-recessed design there are some circumstances when it might be advisable to to switch the mod off. Certainly hasn't appeared to be a problem or inconvenience for anyone.

Jack

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I loved that button but as jack explained they tended to fail after some time.

I had both of mine replaced and could not be happier with the performance. I carry ALL my reos in my man-purse all day. They each have their own pocket, and though I've never had one fire inadvertently, I try to remember to turn them off before they get stowed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread