VV Box mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
Hi all! I know that the overall box mod craze died out sometime last year, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a not-so-well-known place on the internet that makes good quality vv box mods.

I'm looking for something a little more unique than your standard run-of-the-mill plastic box mod, yet I am NOT interested in wood builds. I'm currently running this >> MEL VV Box Mod

I know that DNA20/DNA20Ds are the new craze, but those are almost impossible to come by right now. So can anyone give any recommendations?

Relayer1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Saint Robert, MO
How do you feel about making your own? There are several places that have the Vamo's board for sale for around $20. It gives you VV/VW and an ohm readout in whatever kind of box you like.

Otherwise, the Itaste MVP seems to be really popular these days. It's a nice metal box and has flat DC output instead of pulsed like the Vamo.

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
How do you feel about making your own? There are several places that have the Vamo's board for sale for around $20. It gives you VV/VW and an ohm readout in whatever kind of box you like.

Otherwise, the Itaste MVP seems to be really popular these days. It's a nice metal box and has flat DC output instead of pulsed like the Vamo.

I do not have anything even close to the necessary knowledge to build my own, but I really wish i did! I've seen a lot of Mamu's mods, and holy crap I get so jealous that I'm not that talented.

As far as the iTaste MVP goes, the only thing that is stopping me from getting that is the fact that it has an ego connection. It just doesn't look good with tanks and rbas/rdas. imo.

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
Have you seen this piece that ........ put up recently? No release date, but based on initial info, I"m holding out for this one for a box mod. It looks really fantastic.

http://.........blogspot.com/2013/06/sexy-rollout-innokins-new-box-mod.html

yes I actually ran across this yesterday. It's made by Innokin. I will say, it does look sexy - but the only problem with a device like that is that you have no options on your hardware. you are restricted to using that tank that comes with it. granted, we have little-to-no info on how it works...but usually when something restricts your options like that, it ultimately leads to more $$ than you want to spend down the road. For example, if that's a carto tank, someone like me is screwed. This is because I use RBAs which giv eyou ultimate control, it's cheaper, and I personally think it tastes better.

I hope I'm wrong though, because that thing is fun to look at.

BennyBlanco

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Jersey City
Have you seen this piece that ........ put up recently? No release date, but based on initial info, I"m holding out for this one for a box mod. It looks really fantastic.

wow, that looks dope. i promised myself i was done buying mods but that might budge my wallet. it looks like a flask and an old school radio made sweet love.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I know it's not variable voltage, but have you considered the Vapage VMods? A little different form factor for metal box mods. Option of either a 14000 or 18650 battery. I got the 18650 VMod-XL as my first bottom feeder, and must say I'm quite pleased.

There is also the Billet Box to consider.

I don't know where you got the notion that bottom feeders are going out of style. I seem to see a resurgence in their popularity, hense why I got one to it out.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
I do not have anything even close to the necessary knowledge to build my own, but I really wish i did! I've seen a lot of Mamu's mods, and holy crap I get so jealous that I'm not that talented.

As far as the iTaste MVP goes, the only thing that is stopping me from getting that is the fact that it has an ego connection. It just doesn't look good with tanks and rbas/rdas. imo.
Not as hard as you may think to make your own. I make mine and I had no experience. Basically, just learn to solder, or find a friend who can. You can make your own mods for around $10, in any style you wish.

There are some very nice ones out there.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas

Oh. I was holding out for a Billet Box. But I have to have that one. As soon as the price breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread