Vuse vs Juul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costas Chrysanthou

Jul 1, 2018
I am not a expert though I cant seriously understand how Vuse is behind juul. The starter kit of juul costs way more than Vuse and Vuse with online purchases throw in more cartridges as well. Ok design wise the juul maybe the real deal, though with e cigarettes the deal is to quit smoking not vape and smoke long term as most new people seem to be doing.

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Ok design wise the Juul maybe the real deal
So obviously that seems to be an important part of the attraction to smokers. Can't tell you how many times I heard "isn't there something smaller, closer to a cigarette? I don't want a big ecig".
(I omitted "but... it's so big" for obvious reasons :D)
with e cigarettes the deal is to quit smoking
Not really. Ecigs exist and there it pretty much ends. People can use them to try to quit smoking or they can use them to reduce tobacco consumption or just because in some places vaping may be allowed where smoking isn't (plus any other reason you can imagine). There is no secret contract where you have to quit when you bought an ecig.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not very much in favor of ecigs that are close to cigarettes, that small of a change isn't enough for many people to actually completely switch to vaping and the hurdle to going back to cigarettes full time is rather low. While they may be more inclined to try a smaller vape it makes it a little harder to stay with vaping as it's just as easy to switch back.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Ok design wise the Juul maybe the real deal,
Not just design, but function. Unlike Vuse and similar cigalike products, Juul is effective. It has sufficient "punch" to make people forget wanting a combustible cigarette. The pods are also available in a number of pretty decent flavors.
though with e cigarettes the deal is to quit smoking not vape and smoke long term as most new people seem to be doing.
Ideally, sure. But every cigarette not smoked is a win.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I can't knock Vuse. That's how I first stopped smoking and entered the vape arena. That said, after finding out how pleasant and tasty other juices were in comparison, I'd venture that many would consider the juices in a juul to be superio.

As for other factors responsible for juul ''s success, it's got nicer packaging and the endorsement of all the cool kids. No one wants to be seen vaping a boring e cig. Which is why the rest of us are getting screwed because the high school crowd got into the juul craze and freaked out parents across America. It's like that dreadful music they all listen to that'll turn them into degenerates. And dancing. Let's not forget that dancing they do.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh does it matter who is ahead? If it works for you, it works for you and if you love the Vuse, be happy. They are chasing Juul's market share so I think you can get some great deals.

LOL I tried my son's Juul one time. ONCE. Because I inhaled it, thought "OMG I need to never vape it again."

To be fair, it's a temporary "buzz" I have a few high nic tanks ATM that made me really buzzy at first. My brain adapted quickly. My brain does not tend to want to give me a nicotine buzz for long, be it cigarettes, vaping, whatever. It doesn't matter, eventually it ALL becomes maintenance for me.

YAAAAYYY. Heh.

Anna

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I started with Vuse too and, although it is very high nic, the Juul uses the nic salts. Perhaps that is the appeal - the nic salts -however, there have been some discussions about the buzz type of feeling folks are getting off of the juul plus, as others mentioned, it is the in thing with the college crowd.

As to why Vuse is behind juul -- possibly their marketing and probably their reputation. They were spun off from PAX labs that made vaporizers for vaping stuff other than e-liquid. Here is a real interesting tidbit,

Ari Atkins who was/is a Pax Labs' R&D engineer had said, "We don’t think a lot about addiction here because we’re not trying to design a cessation product at all." ...... "anything about health is not on our mind.
(source Startup behind the Lambo of vaporizers just launched an intelligent e-cigarette)

I think for many that get off analogs and use vaping we are pretty proud of ourselves for quitting analogs and looking for a healthier alternative.

My first goal when I started vaping was to quit analogs and I achieved that surprisingly easy considering how much I used to smoke. My second goal was to reduce the amount of nic I consume and I achieved that too.

I vape about as much as I did when I started years ago -- as far as frequency - a lot. So, although I still consume overall a decent amount of nic it is far less than when using the Vuse or I believe even analogs. I am going to vape, more of less, with the same frequency whether I use 50 nic, 12 or 3. Many others find that they vape less with higher nic ---not me.

If I used the juul when I first started I really think I'd still be using it. I read on the forum about someone who was vaping a few pods per day and I just know that would have been me., Maybe, as I and Anna and others have mentioned, there are some ingredients in it that are proprietary and possibly more addictive or maybe just a combo of factors. For me, I am glad it was not around when I started.

Here's a great example --I ran out of juice a few times during the first year I started vaping and went nuts running around town to find some --similar to how nuts I was if I was without a cigarette.

I have not run out of juice in about 6 years --until now. My order got lost - I order 400 to 600 ml of juice when I order. I still had juice, of course, and it was scheduled to arrive on June 20. Well, it got rerouted and then totally disappeared from tracking and now it appears really lost. The company will make good since it was priority mail and just sent me confirmation that they mailed out the replacement Sat and I will receive it Tues. They had even offered to overnight it to me at their cost and I told them the regular priority was OK.

Anyhow, I am now nearly out of juice and .... I have not freaked out. I just paid a bit more attention and vaped a bit less than normal -- used a blu pod backup that I have and am fine -- proof that the ingredients in the ejuice, in my opinion, are far less addictive. In Pax labs own statement that is not their concern but it is a concern of mine.

If I was using Vuse and especially the juul I know I would have been freaking out.

Whatever works to get someone off of analogs is great whether it is Vuse, Juul, an ego or one of the other pods. Anything other than analogs.

For me, the best move I made in my vaping journey was going to a mod set-up with a tank that I refill.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I vape about as much as I did when I started years ago -- as far as frequency - a lot. So, although I still consume overall a decent amount of nic it is far less than when using the Vuse or I believe even analogs. I am going to vape, more of less, with the same frequency whether I use 50 nic, 12 or 3. Many others find that they vape less with higher nic ---not me.
Me too, within a small range. I will make myself nic-sick if I am not careful.
I tend to somewhat absentmindedly puff away while reading or other passive activity, or when my hands are idle. That is the habit, as opposed to the addiction, I think.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Me too, within a small range. I will make myself nic-sick if I am not careful.
I tend to somewhat absentmindedly puff away while reading or other passive activity, or when my hands are idle. That is the habit, as opposed to the addiction, I think.
I agree - big time habit. Since I was a pre-teen. I am happy to have found a healthier alternative and, at this point, have no desire to decrease my frequency. It's what I do. You really are on target about just being a habit versus an addiction because I have even left my home, at times, without my vape to go to the store and stuff and do not freak which I consider a big accomplishment. Even if I am out to dinner with friends, I can wait whereas when I smoked I just had to go outside and have one. Now that I am down to 3mg of nic overall I do not have any issues and happily vape away. :)

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I agree - big time habit. Since I was a pre-teen. I am happy to have found a healthier alternative and, at this point, have no desire to decrease my frequency. It's what I do. You really are on target about just being a habit versus an addiction because I have even left my home, at times, without my vape to go to the store and stuff and do not freak which I consider a big accomplishment. Even if I am out to dinner with friends, I can wait whereas when I smoked I just had to go outside and have one. Now that I am down to 3mg of nic overall I do not have any issues and happily vape away. :)
Ever since buying DIY supplies, I just ignore how much I vape. It costs nearly nothing compared to cigs, and there is always plenty to vape!:)
If I am doing too much, I feel it, and am forced to slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread