VUSE RED/WHITE flashing FIX!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tDanger

Dec 3, 2016
sorry but this is for everyone like me who looked for a solution for dud refill cartridges- everyone says twist it or try to pry them apart with something small and pointy.. doesn't work. It did once for me- once among maybe 20 duds over the last year or so (yes I still use the product; no I'm not trying to quit I use them at work when I can't smell like smoke)-

Anyhow.. it took NASA something like millions on millions of dollars to come up with a pen that works in space- the Russians just used pencil.

So! Just plug the dead cartridge in.. don't mess with it. And just drop it vertically on the opposite end. (The silver part).

Seriously. Plug it in. Flip it over. Drop it from about 4" off a table or whatever onto the end that lights up. Simple.

I'm assuming the reason this works is because the three little metal prongs everyone worries about aren't touching the conduits on the battery. Okay. But the design flaw means they are falling in on themselves; as in the metal spars are retreating back into the catridge. Bend them all you want.. they won't make the connection for long if they do. Instead the simplest solution works best... in order to reset them to their fullest connection.

This was long winded; I just got excited because I've never found a proper solution to this issue- also I've been keeping my 'duds' for a few months now (I tested 11) and this 'trick' has worked for every single one.. without fail.. and even if they blink again (happened twice).. just drop it again and it goes right back to working -- even if the older ones taste a bit stale.

Hope this helps!! Please share for all I'm deleting my account on this website after this post.. just didn't want anyone else to be stuck like this again-

(Vuse if you want to give me an award let me know.. I'll be watching)

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
The thing about NASA spending millions to design a pen that works in space is something of an urban myth. They actually bought pens from a man who was a sub aqua diver who had wanted a pen that could work underwater and upside down, so he designed one. Nasa found they also worked in space so they bought them. They were fairly expensive as pens go - 6 dollars each in the 1960s - but hardly millions
Fisher Space Pen Co.

Reactions: gandymarsh

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Ahem..... From Wikipedia

An urban legend states that NASA spent a large amount of money to develop a pen that would write in space (the result purportedly being the Fisher Space Pen), while the Soviets just used pencils.[2][3] There is a grain of truth: NASA began to develop a space pen, but when development costs skyrocketed the project was abandoned and astronauts went back to using pencils, along with the Soviets.[2][3] However, the claim that NASA spent millions on the Space Pen is incorrect, as the Fisher pen was developed using private capital, not government funding. NASA – and the Soviets[3][4][5] – eventually began purchasing such pens.

NASA programs previously used pencils[6] (for example a 1965 order of mechanical pencils[7]) but because of the substantial dangers that broken pencil tips and graphite dust pose to electronics in zero gravity, the flammable nature of wood present in pencils,[7] and the inadequate quality documentation produced by non-permanent or smeared recordkeeping, a better solution was needed. Russian cosmonauts used pencils, and grease pencils on plastic slates until also adopting a space pen in 1969 with a purchase of 100 units for use on all future missions.[8] NASA never approached Paul Fisher to develop a pen, nor did Fisher receive any government funding for the pen's development.[7] Fisher invented it independently and then, in 1965, asked NASA to try it. After extensive testing, NASA decided to use the pens in future Apollo missions.[6][8][9] Subsequently, in 1967 it was reported that NASA purchased approximately 400 pens for $6 a piece.[8]

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Interesting...

Vuse is a dreadful product at an unconscionable price.

Most people want to quit smoking... so I can't see the point of discussing such a bad product (which isn't convincing the O.P. to quit, despite the dangers of tobacco smoking) and making a celebratory thread about solving the shortcomings of this tobacco corporation vanity junk.

Curious. I don't think Vuse hand out awards, they just want the money back from people who are brave enough to quit smoking therefore leaving their profits dented.

Reactions: Shirtbloke

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Ahem..... From Wikipedia

An urban legend states that NASA spent a large amount of money to develop a pen that would write in space (the result purportedly being the Fisher Space Pen), while the Soviets just used pencils.[2][3] There is a grain of truth: NASA began to develop a space pen, but when development costs skyrocketed the project was abandoned and astronauts went back to using pencils, along with the Soviets.[2][3] However, the claim that NASA spent millions on the Space Pen is incorrect, as the Fisher pen was developed using private capital, not government funding. NASA – and the Soviets[3][4][5] – eventually began purchasing such pens.

NASA programs previously used pencils[6] (for example a 1965 order of mechanical pencils[7]) but because of the substantial dangers that broken pencil tips and graphite dust pose to electronics in zero gravity, the flammable nature of wood present in pencils,[7] and the inadequate quality documentation produced by non-permanent or smeared recordkeeping, a better solution was needed. Russian cosmonauts used pencils, and grease pencils on plastic slates until also adopting a space pen in 1969 with a purchase of 100 units for use on all future missions.[8] NASA never approached Paul Fisher to develop a pen, nor did Fisher receive any government funding for the pen's development.[7] Fisher invented it independently and then, in 1965, asked NASA to try it. After extensive testing, NASA decided to use the pens in future Apollo missions.[6][8][9] Subsequently, in 1967 it was reported that NASA purchased approximately 400 pens for $6 a piece.[8]
I have one/ will not write on glass as was advertised..

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
sorry but this is for everyone like me who looked for a solution for dud refill cartridges- everyone says twist it or try to pry them apart with something small and pointy.. doesn't work. It did once for me- once among maybe 20 duds over the last year or so (yes I still use the product; no I'm not trying to quit I use them at work when I can't smell like smoke)-
Welcome and glad you joined. Were there is a will there is a way, good for you.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum

Charlee

Apr 5, 2017

Anyhow.. it took NASA something like millions on millions of dollars to come up with a pen that works in space- the Russians just used pencil.

So! Just plug the dead cartridge in.. don't mess with it. And just drop it vertically on the opposite end. (The silver part).

Seriously. Plug it in. Flip it over. Drop it from about 4" off a table or whatever onto the end that lights up. Simple.

I'm assuming the reason this works is because the three little metal prongs everyone worries about aren't touching the conduits on the battery. Okay. But the design flaw means they are falling in on themselves; as in the metal spars are retreating back into the catridge. Bend them all you want.. they won't make the connection for long if they do. Instead the simplest solution works best... in order to reset them to their fullest connection.

This was long winded; I just got excited because I've never found a proper solution to this issue- also I've been keeping my 'duds' for a few months now (I tested 11) and this 'trick' has worked for every single one.. without fail.. and even if they blink again (happened twice).. just drop it again and it goes right back to working -- even if the older ones taste a bit stale.

Hope this helps!! Please share for all I'm deleting my account on this website after this post.. just didn't want anyone else to be stuck like this again-

(Vuse if you want to give me an award let me know.. I'll be watching)

You are Rock! This absolutely worked after ONE TRY! You don't need an award from Vuse, you need a check! I wish I'd known this about a month ago. Up until then I'd kept all the duds I accumulated. I was so perturbed because of course nicotine items can't be returned to vendors although they are slash/electronic items also. But I had called Vuse ready to send these duds back to them but they declined and just sent me several BOGO coupons and a few coupons to get the product for a dollar after I complained of how frequently it happens. The representative told me they are aware of this "glitch" as he called it. I then went in on him about how they ought to have a "Fix" for it then. SMH and here you are with a fix. So let them keep sending coupons instead. How in the heck did you figure this out btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread