VS rDNA 40... Yeah, I Know It's Old, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I've searched and can hardly find any information on it, which is odd because you guys/ladies talk about everything! I've found lots of dna 30/40 & dna 200 posts, but most of them are closed to replies. While those threads may help me a bit, I'd need to have a lot more knowledge of the rDNA 40 to figure out what content 'does' pertain to me. I've had the mod for about 6 months now and have hardly used it, due to the screen being on the bottom, the complicated way the buttons seem to operate (IMO), and it's bulkiness (all of the mods that I carry around with me are much smaller).

Any way... The reason why I'm asking about this mod is that it's about time that I learn how to use it and it's the widest mod that I own, which just might barely fit (with a Shark Skin) a 25mm tank that I haven't been able to use yet. Had I paid for the VS mod (I won this in an NJoy contest), I would have certainly forced myself to learn how to use it, but since it was a freebie and it only has settings for Ni wire, it sits in a drawer with no love.

For those of you who know the ins and outs of this mod, is there any way that I can safely use Ti (or SS) in TC with this? I don't recall seeing anyway to set a TCR on the rDNA 40 (but I could be wrong) and knowing how fearless some of you are with modding, disassembling, and fixing things yourself, I'm sure a few of you have found a way around it. I'm not opposed to just sticking with Ni for TC or SS/Kanthal in power mode on this, but I wanted to ask. If you don't ask, the answer will always be 'no'. Also, any tips/tricks that I should be aware of before I delve in?

Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to resurrect, what some may consider, a dinosaur mod.

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
It's just an Evolv DNA40 chip with the screen relocated and a higher amp charger board. There's no way to set the curves on the temp control like what you're asking (like you can on the DNA200/75). Some people will set the temp lower to accommodate a different material but it's not exactly the same thing. If you search for DNA40 and TI you'll likely find more information.

Here's the DNA40 datasheet.

http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna40.pdf

Reactions: DebbieNY

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Thank you, @wiredlove ! Searching by those terms worked better than searching for the mod. :)

EDIT:
... And a huge 'thank you' to you, too, @retird ! We seemed to have posted at the same time, so I wanted to thank you for your efforts of posting those videos for me. Much appreciated! :D

Reactions: wiredlove

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
Sir Bloke did some Ti temp measuring back in the day

RAjEUNr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread