FDA Vote Pro E-Cig President

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
New Jersey - Passaic County
I want to get right to the point of this tldr matter.
- No more puppet pres representing tobacco & the FDA

Issues - Bernie Sanders
Bernie said:
The American people must make a fundamental decision. Do we continue the 40-year decline of our middle class and the growing gap between the very rich and everyone else, or do we fight for a progressive economic agenda that creates jobs, raises wages, protects the environment and provides health care for all? Are we prepared to take on the enormous economic and political power of the billionaire class, or do we continue to slide into economic and political oligarchy?
YES, we ARE but... where the .... is Bernie?
Is he fighting for or against yall?
Has he spoken against the FDA shutting down a 2 billion dollar middle class industry?
Do we not have 10 million voters to vote against such frauds whom dont fight for us but stay silent as the FDA shuts yall businesses down?

Could we please have someone, CASAA or whoever, find out whom is running for president that we all can trust and that's not working against us?
- Maybe a comercial on tv showcasing solidarity and support from whoever standing against FDA and with us.

Correct me if Im mistaken but I dont think Bernie is our man. We need to find our man and use what we have numbers wise to collectively stand for or against the next tobacco puppet President in the White House.

Last edited:
Reactions: skoony

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Im sure there are ppl here with much higher inteligence than myself. I just think we need to find out how to jerry rig this system of Govt that's supposed to "work for the people" back into our favor by collectively voting for the right individuals and demanding that we be heard and represented correctly. Back to the way it's supposed to be.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I honestly don't think you're going to see any presidential candidate stand up for vapers in this election cycle, at least not directly. While we can be loud and organized when needed, we are still a minority (vapers) of a minority (smokers) class, so presidential campaigns will likely ignore our issues. Our best bet is to support someone who has a record of actually supporting small business (and not just paying lip service) or someone who can actually see the state corruption and lies driving the ANTZ messaging machines.

I just don't see that candidate in this election cycle, unfortunately. As for Bernie, I like him, but for other reasons, not the least of which is that he actually has a voting record that matches his rhetoric (whether you agree with him or not). He's shown integrity where his words match his actions most of the time, and that's rare for liberal / progressive candidates in recent history. He might be able to see the inherent corruption driving the war on vaping in our country if someone took the time to talk to him about it in a way he can understand, but then again, he might not.

In any case, we're seeing some interesting developments across the pond in the UK, so here's hoping that they continue their recent trend so we can sway the minds of the general populous by highlighting the contrast in their approach vs. ours. Many of the politicians who are headstrong against vaping want single payer health programs (like the one in the UK) and hold them up as examples, so hopefully we can use their fondness of UK health policy to inform our own on vaping. Maybe next election cycle (mid-year?), it will be more of a central issue that can take the stage with the congressional and state elections.

Reactions: DC2

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Gary Johnson will likely be on the ballot in all 50 states. He would without question pull the plug on the regs and quite possibly the FDA itself.

Unfortunately he can't win...well except for one theoretical but extremely unlikely scenario...

Johnson would have to pull votes away from both Dem and GOP candidates. And somehow win a couple states so thr magic 270 electoral votes can't be reached. Then it's up to the house to decide who is president. GOP control of the house can't possibly vote Dem or its suicide. Do they just hand it over to Trump? Maybe not...

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
I honestly don't think you're going to see any presidential candidate stand up for vapers in this election cycle, at least not directly. While we can be loud and organized when needed, we are still a minority (vapers) of a minority (smokers) class, so presidential campaigns will likely ignore our issues.
In this Nations we believe in equal Rights and Representation for Minorities
Our best bet is to support someone who has a record of actually supporting small business (and not just paying lip service) or someone who can actually see the state corruption and lies driving the ANTZ messaging machines.
Do we honestly believe that this whole FDA ruling has gone unoticed by Bernie? What you said is exactly my point. Bernie has 6mths to prove he is whom he claims.
I just don't see that candidate in this election cycle, unfortunately. As for Bernie, I like him, but for other reasons, not the least of which is that he actually has a voting record that matches his rhetoric (whether you agree with him or not). He's shown integrity where his words match his actions most of the time, and that's rare for liberal / progressive candidates in recent history. He might be able to see the inherent corruption driving the war on vaping in our country if someone took the time to talk to him about it in a way he can understand, but then again, he might not.
I respect your point of view and opinion but until Bernie pulls his head from out of the ground and acknowledges the situation. Which is everything he claims he stands for - Middle Class America vs Billion Dollar Corporate Industries.Then I will continue to claim him as a fraud and will definitely not endorse or support any such ignorant ppl.

We have the power. Atm the Presidential candidates are pandering to us. We cannot allow this moment to pass w/o them showing support. They must be confronted w/ this Topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuGlen

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
First, let me say that I don't necessarily disagree with anything you've stated in any of your posts on this thread. I'm just trying to contribute a rational (counter) point to the discussion...

In this Nations we believe in equal Rights and Representation for Minorities

I certainly believe in those principals, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "we" (as in a large majority) share that belief, or at least not all the time. In my years I've just seen too much discrimination, personal and institutional, and far too many people willing to point the finger and blame the "other" for all of their problems. We see it in the news every day on a multitude of subjects, we see it in our struggles to stay smoke-free and keep vapor products freely available to all who need them, and we even see it within our community with some vapors pointing fingers at the cloud-chasers.

While I had hopes for my generation when I was younger, I see now, years later, that many (if not most) of my peers have fallen into the same patterns and have just selected different targets.

Do we honestly believe that this whole FDA ruling has gone unoticed by Bernie? What you said is exactly my point. Bernie has 6mths to prove he is whom he claims.

I don't know if our FDA issue has gone unnoticed by Bernie or not. It's quite possible that he has noticed, but that the people around him are telling him that it's not a good idea to engage that issue at this stage. It might also be quite possible that he's a rabid ANTZ, or contrarily, that he's in full support of harm reduction and vapor products. I do know from watching various media sources that there are other important issues being discussed in the political arena this election cycle, and there's hardly been a blip in main stream media about the ramifications of the FDA regulations.

As for proving what he claims, he's had 35 years of voting on issues to prove or disprove his integrity. He hasn't claimed anything about vapor products, so I'm not sure what you feel he has to prove on that point.

I respect your point of view and opinion but until Bernie pulls his head from out of the ground and acknowledges the situation. Which is everything he claims he stands for - Middle Class America vs Billion Dollar Corporate Industries.Then I will continue to claim him as a fraud and will definitely not endorse or support any such ignorant ppl.

We have the power. Atm the Presidential candidates are pandering to us. We cannot allow this moment to pass w/o them showing support.

I would really like to believe we could get the ear of a major party presidential candidate, or better yet, have a 3rd party candidate shake up the status quo in our political system. I really would. My problem (and it is my person problem), is that I've not seen a historical precedent to that kind of change in this country. I don't know that I'll live long enough to see that happen, but that's just me being cynical.

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Sorry, Bernie is too busy with bigger social issues. I'm a vaper, and I don't even consider vaping issues when I discuss politics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're kidding yourself. He's a politician. It's his job to be aware of such even if campaigning for Pres. If not, and I do accept the fact that I might have Bernie mistaken, someone should bring this immediately to the man's attention for a response.
It would be fantastic to know if Bernie, or Trump, or whoever idc who understands small business being run over by the FDA w/ extremely unreasonable pro big business tobacco laws shutting everyone down.

That's not important?

Last edited:
Reactions: B2L

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I just sent an email to the Gary Johnson campaign, to see if I can get an official stance on this issue. I will post if here if I get one.

Please do. I contacted his campaign to ask for a specific public comment about the regulations to present to members. I got a call back the next day from what appeared to be a contracted entity that didn't have a clue what I was talking about and the caller really didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge of Libertarian principals. He was going to email me since I was on a job site at work so I could email back links to the regulation and synopses of what impact they would have. Didn't get his email so I called back the next day and haven't heard back. I contacted the Austin Peterson campaign and messaged him and buttkis. I know either would be on our side but either it just isn't worth their time since they are trying to nail down the nomination, or the messages don't get through to them. Either way I'm dismayed. Shouldn't be I guess, in many contacts to many politicians in the last couple of years I have only got 2 responses that were actually personal from any of them. :tumble:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread