Voopoo Drag X Review by Aliraonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Coming with a new review for the Drag X I won in a contest here at ECF from Voopoo, I love this device and that is why I am doing this review and sharing my personal opinions with our vaping community.

First some information taken from Voopoo website. Picture attached.

all-3-jpg.909323

Here is the link in case you want to know more:

DRAG X Mod Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Inside the Box
  • DRAG X Device
  • PnP Pod – It is a 4.5ml pod
  • 1 PnP-VM1 0.3ohm coil
  • 1 PnP-VM6 0.15ohm coil
  • Type C USB Cable
  • Type C USB Cable
  • User manual
  • Warranty card
  • Chip Card
box-coils-jpg.909303

Device

The Drag X has the back made from leather, mine is the marsala colour which I totally love. The alloy frame has on one side “Voopoo” logo and on the other side “Gene chip inside”, is not to obvious which is a plus in my opinion. Front panel has round buttons (fire and up and down button), 0.96” screen and at the bottom is the USB C port.

drag-x-all-jpg.909305

One of the big positives for this device is the airflow control near the top of the device. It a slide system, with a little nob at the back of the device to move it around allowing the user to control how much air hit the coil. This airflow amazing for a pod system, love it. It has some level of resistance which is good.

airflow-jpg.909307

At the top is where the pod fit. The pod has four strong magnets that held it in place. I can lift the device by just holding the pod. There is no way this pod is coming out by itself.

At the bottom it has a battery door without vents (a con from me here) and once open I don’t see any symbol on the door to indicate battery polarity but inside there is a big red + which will indicate in what direction to insert the battery. It takes one 18650 battery with a maximum of 80W. Overall the battery door looks and feels very strong.

pod-battery-jpg.909311

The display on the device is bright, colourful and simple. It shows mode (smart/rba), battery indicator, lock/unlock symbol, wattage, resistance, voltage, time, and puff counter. It can also display a score ranking mode (measure cloud size) that goes from Iron to King, to activate the user must sign up for it. I did not activate it as I do not care for this at all. Unnecessary clutter in my opinion.

To on and off the mod press fire button five times. Then it will ask to set the time, fire button to move between hours and minutes and up and down buttons to adjust. To exit just press and hold the fire button.

Once on the main screen, to move between smart mode (red) and rba mode (blue) press the fire button three times. Smart mode set the watts to suit the coil and max VW to avoid accidental burning. RBA mode is for use with a rba coil or if the user wants to avoid being capped at a maximum wattage.

smart-gif.909313

To lock/unlock the device press fire button and up button, to reset puff counter press fire and down button. To note here is that if the device is locked it cannot fire.

To enter the puff info, press up and down button together, there it will display the last 14 days, to move between days use up and down button. If the fire button is pressed it will show the chip information. To exit press and hold the fire button.

A very simple but effective display and menu with all you need for your basic operation of the Drag X.

thumbnail_img_0165-jpg.909315

If the device is left inactive for a certain period of time and you go press the fire button, nothing will happen, the second press will fire the device. Maybe it is this way to save battery, not sure. It might be a negative for some users, it does not bother me. Although it surprises me on occasions when I expect to vape, and I get nothing.

The device has round edges and feels very comfortable to hold, either you use your thumb or finger to fire the mod.

Overall, I love the Drag X, works like a charm, ergonomic, well-constructed and one thing is for sure this device it is a looker, very stylish and elegant.

Pod

The pod is made of PCTG with a 4.5ml capacity, plug in coils and it has a rubber plug at the bottom of the pod to fill. It is easy to open and hold while refilling, the liquid will move easily inside the pod. I used a 10 ml and 100 ml bottle with no issues at all.

The pod is slightly tinted but easy to see the liquid level.

pod-jpg.909317

The coils provided are:
  • PnP-VM1 0.3ohm coil– Rated for use between 32-40W
  • PnP-VM6 0.15ohm coil – Rated for use between 60-80W
Always remember to prime coils first, push the coil into the base, fill with juice of your choice and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Just to make sure the coil is fully saturated.

I used first the PnP-VM1 0.3ohm coil, used at 35W, cooler vape, and flavour was good. Then I tried the PnP-VM6 0.15ohm coil, started at 55w and went up in 5W increments, I liked around 65-70W, thicker clouds, warmer vape and more flavour.

There is a wide variety of available coils that can be used with this pod, all belong to the PNP series.

coils-available-png.909319

Now Voopoo has come up with a RBA Tank/Pod which is great because it adds versatility to the Drag X.
rta-1-jpg.909321

Drag X

Positives
  • Excellent construction and beautiful finish. It feels good and it looks even better.
  • Adjustable airflow.
  • Simple menu, easy to use. Smart and RBA mode are great.
  • Fast firing.
  • Buttons have adequate resistance before it fires the mod, this will possibly avoid firing it inside a pocket or by mistake.
  • A wide variety of coils available.
  • Strong magnets.
  • Pod is easy to fill.
  • No leaks.
Negatives
  • No vents in battery door.
  • Can’t change the drip tip.
Wishlist
  • A way to just lock wattage (up and down buttons) while being able to fire the mod.
  • It will be great Voopoo will come out with their own 510 adapter.

Conclusion

I would highly recommend the Drag X without any doubt, I love mine. It is a beautiful device, well-constructed and has a variety of coils available and now a RBA pod too. This device will suit beginners and seasoned vapers.

Thanks to @VOOPOO_Thea for this device which I won here in ECF.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Really nice review! I recently got one in a new color configuration at least I think it's new called bronze Knight and it's got little studs on the leather and a brushed bronze sort of aged look that I really find appealing.

Thank you Ava. I saw that one. It one of the new colours. It does looks pretty and different with those studs on the leather.

Reactions: AvaOrchid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread