Volcano (L88b) revisited... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
So I have been going through my older supplies, from my newbie days of vaping, and found a surplus of L88b (volcano) atomizers, so I decided to give these another go around since they fit my 510/ego batts. What I am finding is that after many months of using mostly 510, trying almost all the various PV's and cartos out there, getting into mods, ordering 2 chucks, laser mods, ego/rivas, 510, 901/801 etc... I put the volcano mini back together and found it to be quite a little power house. It also seems to make the flavor of my juice come out stronger, and I am getting huge vapor hits. Granted, the mini sized battery is not going to get you far, compared to an ego/riva, but this little atty is cranking out like a fog machine. I removed the wick/bridge and just drip into the coil. Now you can even get drip tip caps on the volcano website (look just like the ones for the 306 so I wonder if they are the same) so I am going to put these tasty little bad boys back into my atty rotation. They work great on the ego, so far, and I am also enjoying using the occasional volcano battery again since it is so light weight and hands free. Maybe it is just nostalgia, I am not trying to plug the company, just sharing my experience after vaping for the last year and having tried so many variations. With a drip cap on this thing, I see a very cloudy future :vapor:

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
I seem to be the resident Volcano fanboy on ECF but I totally agree. I've got a 510, a Hello 016, and a box mod but I keep going back to my Volcano. I used some DK tobacco juice in a cart yesterday and I got an immense throat and lung hit and insane vapor, it literally felt like I lit a cigarette.

I don't think you're plugging the company, no moreso than the name dropping I see here. Certain products/companies get plugged so much you'd think people were on the payroll. It's sad though that people can't have a good opinion of an "ill-favored" or name brand e-cig without being made to feel like a ..... for liking it. All I know is that if it weren't for the Volcano I'd be back to smoking cigs because personally I find the "recommended" models like the 510 to be completely overrated and they've done absolutely nothing for me. I just think certain companies have given mini e-cigs a bad rap. Personally I think refinements of the l88b and the cartomizer are the future of the industry, not variable voltage mods and having to replace blue foam. The eventual popularization of the e-cig will lead to things like cartomizers and pre filleds being sold in stores, not voltage meters.

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
Well, as you have already figured out, it doesn't bother me if other people don't care for it. We all have our favorite devices. I am finding the L88b to be an overlooked gem. To be honest, I think a lot of the trouble people have with these is from user error. Being too impatient, or simply not understanding how to work the device properly, and giving up before they figure it out, chocking it up to them sucking or just being crap. I know it took me a few months of making stupid mistakes to get it right, and the same goes for many others here in the forum. I have been using my little v-battery for the last few days, and yes it only lasts for maybe 30-45 mins of chain vaping between charges, but it really was not intended to be used that way. I see it as more useful for people making the transition to vaping, who take smoke breaks, most cigs only burn for about 7-10 mins. So if you are trying to make the transition, and only need your battery to hold charge for the time it would have taken you to smoke a cig, then it's more than enough juice, with the PCC to back it up. Not to mention how it is more like smoking a cig, which means a lot to newbies who are nervous, or unsure about it. I am very fond of my ego/rivas and they are in constant rotation too. I had put the volcano away for a few months, and recently decided to pick it back up with seasoned hands, and found it seems to work great. Dripping is the way to go with these since the carts are so tiny, and the flavor is awesome because it isn't scorching the juice like my 510 atty tends to do. I have to say my dealings with the V-company have been top notch, they have worked with me on any issues I have ever had, and always deliver prompt shipping (3-4 days usually) with my orders. Just being honest here folks... I love vaping with my L88b atty! I was curious to see what kind of response I would get on posting this :) hehehe
I'm likely to keep paring it up with my ego/riva batteries, simply for the long life, but it's fun to use the little batts once in a while too.

Magus86

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Myerstown, PA
I love my Blu. My 510 will produce more vapor with a cart than the blu will even with dripping. However, there's a huge difference in flavor. My Blu gives me better flavor when dripping than the 510 does with carts. I'm guessing dripping with the 510 will give me stronger flavor yet, but I don't know until I try. And one really nice thing about the blu is the ONLY time it gives me a burnt taste is when it's out of liquid. My 510 seems to enjoy giving me a burnt taste at random times. There's nothing wrong with my Blu.

And I too noticed how everyone seems to be bent on cramming an ego down all the newbies' throats like they work for the company that makes or sells them, but if ANYBODY says anything positive about an L88B, you MUST be working for Blu. Gotta love that double standard. "What? My .... doesn't stink. That's absurd!!" Haha

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
I am also able to compare with some experience behind me now, where as when I first got started I had no idea what was what. I have been testing the L88b atty on my ego, 510 batt, and the volcano/blu batt. and I could be wrong, but what I am noticing is the volcano batt vapor seems to be smoother have the most flavor. I am wondering if it is because those little batteries are not as powerful as the bigger ones, so it's not heating up as fast. I put it on the 510 batt, and I get great vapor, but a slightly warmer, almost burned undertone in the flavor. I put it back on the V-batt and just flavor again. So I guess if you like the scorched taste, higher volt vaping is for you, but the lower seems to bring out more of the true juice flavor IMO...just another observation. If anyone has any thoughts about this, please share... it would be funny if we discovered lower voltage vaping with all the high volt vape talk on the forum... :D

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
I pulled out one of my little volcano atty's yesterday after reading this thread. Popped it on the battery and was a little disappointed in the vapor, but I had forgotten how good the flavor was.

So then I popped it on a 6 volt mod and WOW! This thing kicks! Great flavor, tons of vapor and it really doesn't get that hot. I've shorted out 3 510 atty's at 6volts reletively quickly, but this volcano atty is a beast!

magenta0125

Jul 13, 2010
ohio
People forget - e-cigs are like analog cigs. There is a reason why there are so many brands/flavors/styles. It is all about personal preference whether it be a manual or auto battery, mini or a mega -- it's not a one size fits all thing. I loved my Volcano batteries until I tried the Sidesho batteries and attys. They were just a little better For Me. But no one should tell someone else what their 'preference' should be ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread