Vmax rev 4, Wont Fire. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I can do?

Vmax rev 4 with blue screen, about 30 days old. Bought from GV. Yesterday it started having F1 and F2 errors at random regardless of what was on top of the vmax. All the devices that would give the error message work just fine on my lavatube. The 510 connection looks to be clean... as I have cleaned it. Yesterday it would give a few F1,F2 errors but would still work. Today I get no errors but it seems nothing is making a connection as it wont display the ohms of the carto.

Is it possible that the post that makes the connection got pushed down some how?

Is there anything I can do? Or did I spend $100 plus on a charger and batteries on a PV that lasted 30 days?

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
I would contact GV immediately. I don't know if they will still honor the warranty or not but that's your best bet. If they won't help you then I would try to raise the center post, but do this with extreme caution.

Thanks for the reply, I put in a ticket with GV... but its been like 34 days since the order was placed, so I am not sure if they can do anything.

In case I have to try it.... how would I go about raising the center post? Any tips would be appreciated.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
Thanks for the reply, I put in a ticket with GV... but its been like 34 days since the order was placed, so I am not sure if they can do anything.

In case I have to try it.... how would I go about raising the center post? Any tips would be appreciated.

I've never actually tried it myself, but the technique I've read is to very gently pry it upwards with a small standard screwdriver. You could inadvertently cause further damage, so I would exhaust all other options before trying it. Hopefully someone else will be along to give further recommendations.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I use an eyeglass repair flat head screw driver. Take batteries out (of course), and very very VERY gently pry the pin up on one side, repeat on other. It usually doesn't need to be raised much. When putting liquid feeds on you just have to screw them on enough to make contact, don't go too tight since the centre post on them is "usually" a little longer and can push the pin down (that 1/2mm can make a difference)

I've also started gently sanding the centre post on my feeds down so they're flush with the threads, since this was becoming a regular problem on my LT and I'd rather break a feed than break my tube.

This is for egos, but same idea:
Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread