Vivi Nova- love/hate relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmalone

Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Minnesota
So, the only solution I found is to cut little nitches in the rubber cap, where the wicks come out. Problem with doing this is that it is a BIG pain in the .... PLUS you have to be veryyyyy careful how small you cut the nitches, because if you cut them too big, then the nova will flood and gurgle. And then, once you cut your nitches, lining them up perfectly with the wicks while screwing the cap on is ANOTHER challenge.

How cool are these? They're pre-notched! (Haven't tried 'em yet, but they're on my wish list!)

Innokin iClear 16 Dual Coil Clearomizer - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin

:vapor:

stumpfreeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Forest Lake, MN
I'm pretty new here and fairly new to vaping, but I have learned to stay clear of any of these new tanks with wicks in them. It seems like it doesn't take long for the wicks to get gummed up or clogged with juice making them fairly useless unless you want to worry about looking at them and tipping your tank before every pull. I switched over to the cart tanks and haven't looked back. Still great flavor and they "just work".

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'm pretty new here and fairly new to vaping, but I have learned to stay clear of any of these new tanks with wicks in them. It seems like it doesn't take long for the wicks to get gummed up or clogged with juice making them fairly useless unless you want to worry about looking at them and tipping your tank before every pull. I switched over to the cart tanks and haven't looked back. Still great flavor and they "just work".

I'm not "knocking" you, but the same thing happens inside a carto, whether or not it is in a tank. Clearo tanks, with replaceable heads, are generally easy to clean and we rarely keep any vaping device vertical all the time so the wicks get naturally re-wetted as we vape. To me there is a major flavor difference between a carto, tank or otherwise, and a clearo or bottom coil device. In the end, it's what works for each of us, there is no right or wrong answer here.

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I used to have some issues with dry hits and got fed up and started making my own coils. This opened up a lot of possibilities. I have cotton wicks, hemp twine wicks, silica wicks. I noticed that any wick (regardless of material) seems to recover faster when they are short. If I want to chain vape on a Vivi Tank, I always reach for a short wick :) I cut the wicks so they stick straight out and just touch the inside of the tank. You have to be sure to roll/tilt the tank, but it's worth the trouble to me. This is all my opinion, YMMV :)

stumpfreeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Forest Lake, MN
I'm not "knocking" you, but the same thing happens inside a carto, whether or not it is in a tank. Clearo tanks, with replaceable heads, are generally easy to clean and we rarely keep any vaping device vertical all the time so the wicks get naturally re-wetted as we vape. To me there is a major flavor difference between a carto, tank or otherwise, and a clearo or bottom coil device. In the end, it's what works for each of us, there is no right or wrong answer here.

No problem, just sharing what I've experienced. I have been using the dual coil carts pre-punched with 2 holes in a dc tank. They are nothing like the pre filled or blank carts I've used before. I can only compare them to CE5's and Kanger's that I've used, but they are better IMHO.

A Forest Laker!!!! Howdy, neighbor! I'm in Wyoming.

Hello!! I'm actually closer to Wyoming than FL, my son goes to Wyoming Elementary!

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Plus one on a carto tank. I personally think cartos taste great and are consistent.

I have similar issues with drying out. Rotating t3 ,t2 , mini vivi, my new work around is to carry 2 pv's and take turns every vaping session. This seems to work very well for giving wicks time to catch- up.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any advice?? or tips? or fixes? or can recommend something similar to the nova that does NOT have these problems?? I wanted to try the T3, but I have heard bad things already with burnt taste and gurgling and that is what I want to avoid!!
its a love hate relationship.

I too am in the love/hate trap with my Vivi Novas. Plus, no matter what anyone says, the clones may be "The Same Thing" They are NOT in MY opinion. I will not use anything but the Vision Brand. It's easy to spot the knock offs and even easier to taste the difference. (to Me).

I myself do not vape any juices that crack tanks so I cannot help you there, but for a back up I have found a couple so far. The iClear 16 and the iClear 30. When I loaded up the 16 (2 came with the Innokin MVP) I was instantly impressed. I put it on Ego's, a few 3.7's and my various VV's and they were consistant all the way around even with adapters to fit some units. When the iClear 30 came out of course I HAD to try it. They hung in there too. If you are like me, you put the Vivi Novas at a solid 10 for taste and vapor and an all around 9.5 because of the "Hate"side. Well the iClear gets an all around 10 from me because I NEVER had to tilt it and I have vaped my 1st two dry countless times for 3 weeks now(1 w/Halo Tribeca and 1 w/Halo Malibu) and not one burned hit yet. I bought replacement heads and will switch at 1 month if they need it or not.

The iClear 30, so far is sitting at an 8.5. Someone said they might need a half to 3/4 of the tank to get settled in. The vapor is right and the taste SEEMS to be improving.

I hope you find a solution to the cracking/melting/leaking tank issue. i just don't vape anything with citrus, cinnamon or the like.When I first started vaping back about 10 months ago I tried an "Orange Creamsicle" juice. I never got one vape, it melted the drip tip to the tank. so if I read about a juice being bad for tanks etc, it's not going into my shopping cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread