Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Right on. I was thinking of trying a different flavor in this tank as well. I am going to try some chocolate tobacco and some of this reknowned Gandalf from HHV soon. Maybe one of those might be a better choice for this tank. :)

Ahhh yikes. No gandalf in my vivi nova. Lol. I actually prefer gandalf in a plain ole tank. Think the cartomizer actually holds onto the flavor and increases its intensity. I could get by with it in a vivi but it's my favorite so I'm putting it where i like it best. If you're trying gandalf for the first time it's going to be reallllly light flavored in a vivi. Especially without steeping it for a few days.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I have some RY4 and Maple tobacco on the way that I want to try in this tank. I am vaping Halo's Tiki Juice right now, which I have to say is awesome so far.

I also have a vanilla/mint creature that I custom ordered that might be worth a shot in the tank too. Why not right?

If you like vanilla/mint you gotta try blade runner at HHV. I just got a 6ml sample because I'm not really a mint kinda guy and never smoked menthol but this stuff is awesome. It's like double mint gum on the inhale and velvety smooth vanilla mint on the exhale. I'm even considering adding this one to my daily rotation. It's potent though. If you put it in a vivi that mint flavor is going to stay in that wick for a while.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
If you like vanilla/mint you gotta try blade runner at HHV. I just got a 6ml sample because I'm not really a mint kinda guy and never smoked menthol but this stuff is awesome. It's like double mint gum on the inhale and velvety smooth vanilla mint on the exhale. I'm even considering adding this one to my daily rotation. It's potent though. If you put it in a vivi that mint flavor is going to stay in that wick for a while.

Sweet. I am going to have to check them out. I ordered mine from gourmet vapor. I have a few different flavors that I made, and they keep them listed for you to order later or tweak them to your liking for next time.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Sweet. I am going to have to check them out. I ordered mine from gourmet vapor. I have a few different flavors that I made, and they keep them listed for you to order later or tweak them to your liking for next time.

I think I even put on their site reviewing blade runner that I'm surprised we don't hear more about it. Maybe enough ppl just haven't tried it yet. Stuffs just frickin good though.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I think I even put on their site reviewing blade runner that I'm surprised we don't hear more about it. Maybe enough ppl just haven't tried it yet. Stuffs just frickin good though.

I am going to put in an order for the sample pack next week. Bladerunner, gandalf, and heavenly tobacco are three of the flavors that I am going to snatch up. Still working on the last one.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I am going to put in an order for the sample pack next week. Bladerunner, gandalf, and heavenly tobacco are three of the flavors that I am going to snatch up. Still working on the last one.

If you like coffee mocha java smooth is excellent (my 2nd favorite next to gandalf). I just got PB cookie and Georgia peach tobacco that are both good. I have also tried oompa, dragons fire, huntsman, and cinful pear. They're all ok but not really for me. I'm getting ready to try their Tuscan cocoa, just peachy and prolly heavenly waffles. Honestly everything I've had there is good. I just like some more than others.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I got a sample of RY4 with my LT and I am on a tobacco or sweet nutty kick. Can't decide which one, so I am going for the tobacco flavors. The mocha java does sound good though. Maybe I can splurge out the $16 for two sample packs :D I have been meaning to try a waffle flavor anyway.

Ya the only thing you may regret is you only got samples. Lmao. This 6mls of blade runner ain't gonna cut it. I really didn't think I'd care for it much though but was curious. I already knew on the others to "sample" at 15mls. Think I'm single handedly going to put their grandchildren thru college.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
Ya the only thing you may regret is you only got samples. Lmao. This 6mls of blade runner ain't gonna cut it. I really didn't think I'd care for it much though but was curious. I already knew on the others to "sample" at 15mls. Think I'm single handedly going to put their grandchildren thru college.

I was going to add Blade Runner to both sample packs to get 12ml of it instead of 6 haha. From my experiences with vanilla and mint, you can't go wrong.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I would point out their tobaccos especially in the purity line are all complex flavors. They taste much better after you've had them for about 4-7 days. They need some steeping. But man I just can't rave enough about gandalf. This stuff is just mind blowing. After weeks on it I'll still pick it up and go oh man that's good. The mocha java ain't far behind though.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
One of the nice things with the vivi nova is that it is very easy to recoil the heads. Doing that allows you to change the resistance to anything you want. Also if you use cotton for the wicks it doesn't mute the flavor anywhere near what the premade wicks do.

Yup that's what I used :) that's all I use in the Phoenix too. Lol. We kinda got off topic on a HHV rant there.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Yup that's what I used :) that's all I use in the Phoenix too. Lol. We kinda got off topic on a HHV rant there.

In the vivi nova mod thread some talked about using ss for the wick with good results. I wouldn't mind trying that, but not while I only have the one, because if I mess it up I would be in a real bind.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
In the vivi nova mod thread some talked about using ss for the wick with good results. I wouldn't mind trying that, but not while I only have the one, because if I mess it up I would be in a real bind.

Honestly I've tried every way there is with ss mesh in the Phoenix and I'm just as happy with 100% cotton. And the cotton is a ton easier to mess with.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Can someone post a link, if any exist, on the 'how-to' of changing the coil/wick in one of these heads? And also, a place to purchase coil/cotton wick?

Thanks!

Here is the video that I followed. He tells of the cotton he uses. You can also do a search of youtube for tutorials.. there's plenty. Here's another. I got my cotton wick on ebay. I got my kanthal wire at vapoligy. I haven't actually tried to wrap a coil yet. I've been practicing with the premade coils that I got at avidvapor. They're silica and I've been happy with them.. they say the cotton is better. I just keep putting off the actually wick coiling. I guess because what I'm doing right now is working so well and I hate to start another "learned" skill LOL

In the first video I post, he uses all resistance wire. In the second tutorial, he uses both resistance and non resistance wire. In all the highend (expensive) rebuildables, they use resistance wire for the actual coil and non resistance wire for the "legs". you can see pbusardo do this in his ody video. One of the reasons I haven't got around to trying it is I'm still a bit confused on whether to get some non resistance wire and use it or if what I have now is fine. I think you also have to hold your wire under a flame, to burn off any oils or whatnot that is on it. for some reason, this also intimidates me.

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Here is the video that I followed. He tells of the cotton he uses. You can also do a search of youtube for tutorials.. there's plenty. Here's another. I got my cotton wick on ebay. I got my kanthal wire at vapoligy. I haven't actually tried to wrap a coil yet. I've been practicing with the premade coils that I got at avidvapor. They're silica and I've been happy with them.. they say the cotton is better. I just keep putting off the actually wick coiling. I guess because what I'm doing right now is working so well and I hate to start another "learned" skill LOL

In the first video I post, he uses all resistance wire. In the second tutorial, he uses both resistance and non resistance wire. In all the highend (expensive) rebuildables, they use resistance wire for the actual coil and non resistance wire for the "legs". you can see pbusardo do this in his ody video. One of the reasons I haven't got around to trying it is I'm still a bit confused on whether to get some non resistance wire and use it or if what I have now is fine. I think you also have to hold your wire under a flame, to burn off any oils or whatnot that is on it. for some reason, this also intimidates me.

Very nice! Thank you, very much.

I don't see why you would need the non-resistance wire? I can see why one would use it, but, is it actually 100% necessary?

Also, why does it make you nervous to burn the wire?

I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase this stuff and get started!

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Very nice! Thank you, very much.

I don't see why you would need the non-resistance wire? I can see why one would use it, but, is it actually 100% necessary?

Also, why does it make you nervous to burn the wire?

I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase this stuff and get started!

It's obviously not 100% necessary, many people are using resistance wire on their vivi nova's with success. As far as I know, they come stock with resistance wire and the premade heads that I've been using have no non-resistance wire in them. The second link that I posted here, the guy tells why he is baffled that when he pulled the vivi nova apart... there was no non-resistance wire and something about the resistance wire heating the ..um.. gaskets and whatnot. From other posts I've read, it's easy to get a short.. good thing you use a provari that will alert you to a short. One of the premade heads that I installed.. I kept getting an E1 error, indicating a short.. guess I must have done something wrong. Anyway.. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just do it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread