vivi nova heads replacement question here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearjunky

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
illinois
I just bought some vivi nova tanks (2.0 size tanks) from myfreedomsmokes and I don't think they carry the replacement heads anymore. the heads that came in my novas are 1.8 ohm heads...I'd like to buy more heads for the future, but I am wondering if I should buy some higher ohm heads? I was reading that the vivi nova 1.8 ohm heads are recommended for use on ce4 type batteries and the like. I read the 2.4 heads are more for using with larger variable volt/watt batteries. I am vaping with a volcano lavatube and I usually don't vape over 3.8 volts anyways, but do I need to go with replacement heads that are the 2.4 ohm or can I stick with these standard 1.8 ohm heads? I am still getting use to these new vivi nova tanks, and they seem to be vaping kinda harsh so I'm just wondering if the harshness/hotness is because I'm using a higher end device such as my lavatube? I have been dialing down the voltage lately to see if that helps but it's still kinda of a hot vape to me. I previously was vaping with kanger T3 tanks and those were not so hot/harsh a vape it seems. anyways if I need to buy replacement heads for my new vivi nova tanks...should I buy 1.8 ohms or buy the higher resistance of the 2.4 ohms heads? and where is a good place to get heads online? and I also did buy two other vivi nova tanks locally and those had the 2.4 ohm heads inside, and those are a smoother less hot vape...it seems.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
If those are 2.0ml I think you got the "Mini" vivi nova. Yes, the 1.8ohm heads will burn "faster" and harsher. (I love 1.8ohm because I use a fixed voltage battery). I'm no expert but with a VV battery I'd go with a higher ohm rating. You can always back down.

And I have the same mini vivi nova as you from myfreedomsmokes. I discovered it's some kind of hybrid and uses different heads than the real mini nova by Vision. Can't find the heads anywhere and myfreedomsmokes is always out of stock.

My Solution? I threw the damn thing away. There are so many varieties of the "Mini Nova" cloned by so many different makers that nobody's heads fit. It's really confusing.

I have an EVOD now. I can always find heads and know they will fit. They're cheaper too.

Last edited:

gearjunky

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
illinois
well im still vaping these mini vivi novas from myfreedomsmokes. I did figure out that there are other companies selling "their own" version on the vivi nova and heads too. I think I can use anybodys brand of replacement heads on these tho, I already tried it with a 2.4 ohm different brand head and it works but the hit and taste was kinda weak. im not sure what the deal was with that...unfortunately I bought 12 of the vivi nova tanks so I need to try to get my moneys worth from them and I think im starting to get use to the way they vape more now. I still also have all my other kanger T3 tanks and I vape those here and there along with even more other vape gear like my smokelessimage volt brand cigalike stuff. I'd like to get more into just "dripping" my juices but I have had even worse luck getting the hang of that so I put dripoping on the backshelf for awhile. GEE - ISNT VAPING JUST A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE??? lol, lol, lol. (and its almost been one full year since im analog cig free so im cool with that).

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
well im still vaping these mini vivi novas from myfreedomsmokes. I did figure out that there are other companies selling "their own" version on the vivi nova and heads too. I think I can use anybodys brand of replacement heads on these tho, I already tried it with a 2.4 ohm different brand head and it works but the hit and taste was kinda weak. im not sure what the deal was with that...unfortunately I bought 12 of the vivi nova tanks so I need to try to get my moneys worth from them and I think im starting to get use to the way they vape more now. I still also have all my other kanger T3 tanks and I vape those here and there along with even more other vape gear like my smokelessimage volt brand cigalike stuff. I'd like to get more into just "dripping" my juices but I have had even worse luck getting the hang of that so I put dripoping on the backshelf for awhile. GEE - ISNT VAPING JUST A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE??? lol, lol, lol. (and its almost been one full year since im analog cig free so im cool with that).

The higher the resistance, the more voltage you need to make the same power, or watts. Here is a online ohm's law calculator. Plug in the ohms and the voltage, hit calculate and it tells you the watts and current. Watts is how much heat the coil is applying.

A general rule of thumb is to add '2' to the resistance and use that as a starting point. So with a 1.8 ohm coil, 1.8 + 2 = 3.8V. Then you dial in more or less as desired. It doesn't matter what power supply you're using, 4 volts is 4 volts.

The Vivi Nova has a coil on the top and some people find the vapor a bit on the warm side. With a bottom coil device some people find it a bit cooler.

BTW, I dry burn my VN heads all the time. I've had some last for months.

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
Did you buy a Vision Viva Nova or a SmokTech Viva Nova? I had bought a Vision Mina Viva Nova and loved it. I didn't realize that there was more than one 'Viva Nova' and picked up a SmokTech Viva Nova thinking it was the same as a Vision. Boy, was I wrong. The SmokTech one was so harsh I don't even use it (and the heads are different). When I was using T3s's I always used a 1.8ohm but I find the 2.4ohm works really well with the Vision Viva Nova. I also like the Vision Viva Nova much better than the T3s's. No leaks and better flavor IMO.

If you're going to continue to use the Viva Novas, I definitely would switch to the Vision. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread