ViVi nova blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobothewizard

Jan 28, 2012
Pennsylvania
I have been using a vivi nova now for a while and I have also been rebuilding the heads for a while but I just cant seem to get the flavor that I get when the heads are brand new off the shelf. I am using a vivi nova on a Itaste MVP and when I rebuilf them I do 5 wraps of 28 or 32 awg wire with silica wicks I purchased, where I purchased them I do no remember as it has been a while.

But my questions are these.

When I look at the videos on rebuilding these heads a lot of the videos show the coil glowing? Mine never glow when I am running 1.9 at 3.3-3.4? Are they supposed to glow?

It always seems like I have a tinny taste after a few tanks?

I have actually been thinking about just giving up and buying a bottom feed tank system, any suggestions? Dont really care about the price just want it to rebuild easy and taste good.

Thanks guys.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Not sure how the heads on the vivi novas work but I've heard you get more flavor with cotton than silica. You could give that a try if possible. Also I don't build my own coils but every time I've ever done dry burns on different coils they always glow bright orange. They should be glowing if I am understanding you right. Maybe try putting a little more voltage to them? I'd think they'd glow even at lower voltage though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

bobothewizard

Jan 28, 2012
Pennsylvania
Not sure how the heads on the vivi novas work but I've heard you get more flavor with cotton than silica. You could give that a try if possible. Also I don't build my own coils but every time I've ever done dry burns on different coils they always glow bright orange. They should be glowing if I am understanding you right. Maybe try putting a little more voltage to them? I'd think they'd glow even at lower voltage though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I tried it up to 5 volts and it never glowed. Hmm interesting. i Must be doing something wrong.

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
All coils should glow when they are dry burned, but not after juice is applied.

If you are using silica you can dry burn the heads. I haven't used a vivi nova in quite some time, but when I did I would dry burn them prior to use just to make sure everything was glowing evenly.

When using thick high VG juices (which I prefer) I would rebuild the heads on a daily basis. It was for that reason I moved to rebuildable dripping atomizers and then to the REO Grand/RM2. For me, the Reo was the best vaping purchase I've made. I get a consistent good quality vape. I understand it's not in everybodies budget as the initial investment is a bit costly. But in the past 6 months since I've recieved the REO I feel I've saved both time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread