Vivi Nova 3.5 Liquid taste Burnt, solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I use both size nova reg/mini both are 3.5 version new version for two weeks. vaping with Vamo and Johnson Creek vea.
    Notice my liquid started to taste burnt and the draw was a little harder. Anywhere from few hours to days.
    I changed liquids and washing and replacing coils a lot, then it would work ok for a little while.

Fix, when I screwed the nova in snug the two air vents at the 510 conection restricted the air flow. I loosened/backed off the nova about a 1/16th to 1/8th of turn backwards it will have a little wobble to it but it works great now. This allowed more air into vents. Now my juice taste even better then before and its easy to drag on. I do this to all 3 vea and vamo. This fixed my problem. ;)

Anyone have the same problem with vivi nova 3.5

This is another idea, I don't like it my fix is quick and no drilling/etc.
    I think this video is for older nova's
    Posted back in Aug 2012
    Improving Vivi Nova airflow and wicking.
    Improving Vivi Nova airflow and wicking - YouTube

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    I've seen posts from people discussing how they modded a VN to allow air flow...wasn't a 3.5 version though...probably 1.0 or 2.5. Maybe that's what the video did...IDK..didn't watch it (maybe you could say what it did in 10 words or less?)

Anyway....They dremmeled some channels along the bottom of the tank (outside bottom) to allow air flow to the little holes in the threads. So follow the hole up and over with a thin channel...Don't go through the metal, particularly on the threaded tube, or you'll wreck it. I'd get a spare to experiment with if I could.

If you're going to go with the "back it off" method, you could fashion a thin washer with built-in gaps to snug it up. If it is too thick, the center post won't connect though.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread