• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VIPers come have a beer with Desrtrat Tonight (Westside!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
It was FUN!!! Good to see Pharoah (John), Namuch (Carl), new member ShantaSena (Shanta, a sweetie who is learning vaping at lightning speed), our other new member GreReed (Greg) who we all got to meet with his wife Renee at our last meeting, and of course Ratty (Desrtrat - Dan).

Loads of laughs, wet pants (Ratty, :lol: LOL), Mexican food, clouds of vapor, beers and tears (from laughing!!).

John is right, the only people who said something about us vaping were those who wanted more information about buying e-cigs (I gave out forum info. and PHXSmokeless biz cards to a couple). I've been in Las Fuentes several times, and while I never blow huge clouds up in the air, no one has ever said anything at all. This time was no different, though, I'm sure people were wondering what the heck it was we were doing! The place was packed with movie goers (Twilight movie opening at midnight made the place crazy packed!).

It was interesting to try Carl's mods and check out different attys on the Silver Bullet at 3.7v and 6v - gotta say Carl, that SB rocks a 901 at 6v (whoda thunk it!?).!! May have to get an adapter for the 901 for my Chuck and some of the 3.v Li-Pos.

We'll try to do another evening meet up again soon, and perhaps we can find a place a bit more South/Eastward!

I'll post some pics after I wake up and get my Ine breakfast going (caffeine/nicotine)! *Yawwwwwnnnnn*

v. ps - yes Sharky, I walked home in the dark all alone... sniff! We missed ya (well, my feet missed ya for sure, ha).

ShantaSena

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Arizona
What a great time!! Everyone was so very nice to me, answering my thousands of ridiculous question, showing me their equipment and even letting me try it out.

The time flew by and before you knew it, we were the only table left.

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome!! I look forward to the next one!

Vicky, we are contemplating going to Westgate... Margarittaville, and then over to Saddle Ranch to watch you ride the mechanical bull!! :lol:8-o:lol:

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Had a blast! Was pretty surprised myself at how quickly midnight crept up...

Make sure you get pairs of 3.0v RCR123's for your chuck. It is quite easy to accidentally wind up with 3.6v RCR's, and those will nuke your attys real fast without an inline voltage regulator (which SB's and chucks don't have).

The best deal I have seen lately for charger and bats is:

Kits: 6 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger

I should be getting delivery of the above package sometime today (according to FedEx tracking).

The ones I have been using are:

4 Pack RCR123A 3V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger

These have been working fine btw, and even though the LiFePO4's are slightly lower in the mAh rating, they have a much better average lifetime of approx. 2000 recharges to the others 500 or so..

On another note, Shanta mentioned last night she was gonna order an SB, as it turns out they are out of stock. But according to a thread in the Altsmoke sub-forum, they are getting stock back in on 11/23, and there is even going to be a limited run of powder coated SB's. Should be interesting to see what those look like....

ShantaSena

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Arizona
Had a blast! Was pretty surprised myself at how quickly midnight crept up...

Make sure you get pairs of 3.0v RCR123's for your chuck. It is quite easy to accidentally wind up with 3.6v RCR's, and those will nuke your attys real fast without an inline voltage regulator (which SB's and chucks don't have).

The best deal I have seen lately for charger and bats is:

Kits: 6 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger

I should be getting delivery of the above package sometime today (according to FedEx tracking).

The ones I have been using are:

4 Pack RCR123A 3V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger

These have been working fine btw, and even though the LiFePO4's are slightly lower in the mAh rating, they have a much better average lifetime of approx. 2000 recharges to the others 500 or so..

On another note, Shanta mentioned last night she was gonna order an SB, as it turns out they are out of stock. But according to a thread in the Altsmoke sub-forum, they are getting stock back in on 11/23, and there is even going to be a limited run of powder coated SB's. Should be interesting to see what those look like....

I saw this last night, although I didn't know about the powder coating.. pretty. I did shoot them an email inquiring as to when stock would be in. I noticed on the website that it said the SB does NOT come with batts or charger?? Also, on the "first order" promo... I also happened to see a $5 off preorder of the SB, so of course I asked HOW to pre-order :D

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Shanta,
I had to go back to my receipts from when I ordered my SB, and as it turns out, he had a kit on offer back when I picked it up that included 2 18650 batts and a charger. But I did pay slightly more than $99 for the kit, so the batts were discounted, but not free.

Since you don't intend to run the SB at 3.7v anyway, I wouldn't sweat the batteries, and just order a kit of batteries from my post above, before or at the same time you order your SB.

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Sounds like you all had fun..... So did I win the 50/50????

The Silver Bullet is great. I got one on the 2nd Preorder and have not even thought about battery life. I am always shocked that I can not get any vapor and then think when I put the batteries in... It is normally never on 3.7v because I only use them during the day then I switch to the 6V and they last about 5-6 hours... Even after a vaping meeting... I think it is a great device so I had to order a BB. I know Rob is working on keeping the SB in stock as much as possable and it is worth the wait... You could sign up for his twitter page and he sends updates when he adds items to his site.

I might have to try and make the next informal get together.

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
No I preordered last month. I have had it for about a month. Rob is talking about doing the next preorder on the 23rd of this month and shipping after Thanksgiving... Not much of a wait and well worth it. Like namuch (Carl) said they are also going to do a limited amount of SB Black... Nice idea. I am tempted. I just don't know why. LOL

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
6a01053596fb28970c010536cad320970c-pi

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
*sighs and passes Dan a wet wipe so he can dab at himself...*

Yes he spills drinks on himself on purpose, sighhh. He feels less embarrassed about this nasty habit if he blames someone. He's seeking help, but it isn't working.

Just look away and ignore him.

wantedposterDAN2.jpg

I'm Rubber...You're glue! Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks on you!! :p

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm Rubber...:p

And rubber is stupid!

I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive
So whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction
is reflected off of me, returns to its original projectory and
adheres to you.

Mika - doesn't that beat the s** out of Sticks and Stones?

miakauisan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
And rubber is stupid!

I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive
So whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction
is reflected off of me, returns to its original projectory and
adheres to you.

Mika - doesn't that beat the s** out of Sticks and Stones?

*drools over your awesomesauce*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread