vGo vs eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
I ordered a vGo kit from First Vapor on Saturday and it was here today, four days with a Sunday in there. It was nicely packaged. I like the charger. It's a slightly different configuration than my other chargers, seems more compact. The prongs fold into the body of the case when not in use and it has a USB plug on the cord that plugs into the AC adapter.

When I first took the pv out of the box I thought it felt lighter than my other eGos, so I weighed them all. None of the eGos are exactly the same height, but the vGo is a lighter per cm battery/cone. I weighed and measured the batteries and cones.

The eGo is 9.5 cm and 29 grams. 3.06 grams per cm.
the vGo is 10.7 cm and 30 grams. 2.81 grams per cm.
The 900 mah eGo is 11 cm and 36 grams. 3.28 grams per cm.

I know none of that matters, it just had a very different feel in my hand.

I am impressed with the looks of this unit. It has curved lines in the paint, it's a pretty, deep red. It has a diamond like jewel for a button, which I like. Guys may not. It's prettier, in my opinion, than the red eGo.

The cone attaches to the battery by just being pushed on, no threads. The atties are the same 510 connection as the rest of the eGo type batteries. It has a bit harder draw then the other eGos. I suspect it's due to the different cone attachment design.

Here's a picture with a regular red eGo, a Mega eGo and the vGo. For now, day one, I'm pleased with this unit. If that changes, I'll post that here.

egovgo.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread