Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Why are none of you guys using screen Printing cloth material.
For filtering ?.

There is something about my NETs that seem to calm me down more than any flavor or nic strength I have smoked.
Need to figure out what those alkaloids are and how to extract them.
Buying is not an option.

Can somebody explain the diff between tobacco Absolute, NET and WTA.

cant explain it all but I have noticed that with VG extracts ( which end up looking like Hersheys syrup) and my PGA extractions with reductions have a more calming effect... and also have a tendancy to make my ears ring more ( as if Im smoking ciggies)... I havent yet delved into the science of WTA... seems a bit daunting at the moment.... Hell, Im still trying to get PGA extractions to a point of being consistant and tasting good.... :)

eventually I may get there... Im just looking for those who have gotten there to share their wisdom/knowledge :)

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
eventually I may get there... Im just looking for those who have gotten there to share their wisdom/knowledge :)

I believe most of them have, especially Johni, Boomerdude, billherbst, Dustmight, MFTtoms. They've all been very open and honest as far as I can see. Also posters in times gone by have posted their findings. It is hard to find all the threads, there is a lot of experimental information spread over many threads, and even in different sub-forums. Collecting all that information is a massive task. I'm sure some people are simply extracting with their own variation of common posted methods and couldn't be bothered posting about it, which is fine too.

At the end of the day, in a nutshell, you have the choice of four solvents, PG, VG, PGA and water. Then you have the choice of hot or cold or combination hot/cold maceration. If you choose hot maceration, you have the choice of warm water bath over a longer period, or fast heat as in the OP's method in this thread, or the microwave method. So you choose the time that the maceration lasts for too.

Solvent or combination of solvents.
Hot or cold maceration or combination.
Length of time for the maceration.

ETA - I thinks there's a hundred ways to skin this cat.

Last edited:

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
DING! DING! We have a winner!

OK, so I took 3 TBSP. of "cheap-buttock" loose tobacco and covered it with VG. Actually the cheapest in the store.

I heated it up until "very warm" but not boiling. I put it in a "jelly jar". (That's the tiny mason jar.)

Let sit overnight.

Heated it up enough to thin it.

Filtered through a wire strainer then a paper towel. Took a while, but not even an hour.

Vaped it. Very nice! Tastes like tobacco! Smooth and slightly sweet. Very enjoyable.

I was looking for a non-sweet or unsweet tobacco flavor. This has a little sweetness to it, so I think I'll try blending in some of my Clove ejuice, since my Clove tends to take sweetness away if used in small portions. The Clove is from Mt. Baker.

Hooray!

-Johntodd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread