Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraebk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Ca
Hi!
I know all newbies get confused on the VG/PG thing. I think I have it down ok. Outside of the allergies/health issues it boils down to: VG-vapor but gummy, PG-taste but not as much vape, less gummy... (I think).

What I am curious about is what ratios you personally like. Can you post what flavor/vendor/ratio and equip you use? And any thoughts/experiences you have with different ratios and why you like what you do?

I know its personal experience and that is exactly what I am curious about. So no worries that I will get mad that I like other stuff.
:p
*** Sorry about the "gummy" I think I *do* mean "thick"

Last edited:

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I like 60% PG, 40% VG. I use a REO Grand and a REO Mini, but I also sometimes use a Riva or an eGo, and I always use cartomizers.

My favorite purchased juices are from Vapor Bomb in the above percentages, and I use the same for DIY.

I don't care if I have throat hit or not, and I think that makes a big difference in ratios for people. I've never noticed anything gummy, even when I've used 100% VG.

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Hi! My all-day vape is 2% Perique Black/DIY 80PG/20VG on a JoyE eGo with a standard 2.3 ohm atomizer. I usually drip but like to use a blue-foamed cartridge for breaking in new atomizers (and sometimes "just because"). I have tried higher VG, but thought it was too frustrating hit-wise. Since I still get plenty of vapor with only 20% VG, that's what I've stuck with.

lauraebk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Ca
Sorry about using the term "gummy." I think that has negative connotations that I didn't mean. "Thick" is probably better. I am interested in those using the 50/50... Do you notice a difference in the TH (even if TH doesn't matter to you- is it different?)?
I have been using the recommended (usually 80/20) version of juices, thinking about trying 50/50... but don't want to waste my money.
Mixing at home I have enjoyed a larger amt of VG in the mix so thats what prompted my thinking...

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Unless I've tried a specific juice before and think it would benefit by more of one or the other I stick with a 50/50 mix.

I messed up once and ordered a juice at 80% VG and ended up loving it, ordered it again at 50/50 and it was mehhhhh, went back to using that one at 80% VG. What I found in that initial mistake was that the ration can effect more than th and vapor.

pinoypayter

Moved On
Feb 4, 2011
LA
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: spammer

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Sorry about using the term "gummy." I think that has negative connotations that I didn't mean. "Thick" is probably better. I am interested in those using the 50/50... Do you notice a difference in the TH (even if TH doesn't matter to you- is it different?)?
I have been using the recommended (usually 80/20) version of juices, thinking about trying 50/50... but don't want to waste my money.
Mixing at home I have enjoyed a larger amt of VG in the mix so thats what prompted my thinking...

Its tricky because flavors can play such a big part in TH too. For example, I have two PVs going right now with 18 mg juice - one has Vapor Bomb Strawberry in 60/40 and it has zero TH; the other has Vapor Bomb New Peach in 60/40 and it has massive TH. Both are using the same voltage and cartomizers.

The easiest would be to ask, "has anyone bought X flavor from X supplier in X/X and did it have any TH?" Still no guarantee that what someone else thinks a good TH is, some people have it associated with high mg, some with flavor sharpness, some with PG content.

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Its tricky because flavors can play such a big part in TH too. For example, I have two PVs going right now with 18 mg juice - one has Vapor Bomb Strawberry in 60/40 and it has zero TH; the other has Vapor Bomb New Peach in 60/40 and it has massive TH. Both are using the same voltage and cartomizers.

The easiest would be to ask, "has anyone bought X flavor from X supplier in X/X and did it have any TH?" Still no guarantee that what someone else thinks a good TH is, some people have it associated with high mg, some with flavor sharpness, some with PG content.

Gotta watch out with that peach flavor! It's wonderful, but the first time I tried it I about fell out of my seat from the TH! And it was a 50/50 blend!

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Gotta watch out with that peach flavor! It's wonderful, but the first time I tried it I about fell out of my seat from the TH! And it was a 50/50 blend!

It's so unexpected lol! Their raspberry and orange are similar for anyone looking for strong TH in a fruit flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread