VG/PG for vv berserker mini mtl RTA and RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I did not find it to be a very thirsty tank but I also found the draw to be so tight it detached my dentures although you may have a later version than mine.

How much vape you will get is GOING to depend on coil size and ohms as well as wattage used, so you may find with a higher ohm coil the ah, refilling is not as tragic, etc.

It's a love it or hate it tank that's for sure.

Anna
I have the very first version so I imagine the same tank you described. I have to say- I love the airflow on it :D
I saw your comment about the airflow, couple of weeks before I bought it, and it really made me think. However, the deciding factors were that my first mtl vape was innokin endura 22, which many consider a very tight draw, as far as I read. And I personally liked the airflow on it, a lot. I also vaped on a device with a pretty loose draw, the smok nord- I liked it also, however I liked the airflow on endura a little better. So I decided that a very tight draw would suit me well, that's why I went for the berserker. And I wasn't wrong :)
I agree with you though, love or hate, I can see why people who like more airy vape may not like it too much.

I'm yet to try higher resistance coils with it. The ones that came with it- strange?- first rated at just below 0.5 ohm, but when I changed the tank on the mod for a few days, and then put berserker back on, they came up as just below 0.7?
@JCinFLA @MartinD @smacuser have you seen something like this happen?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I agree with you though, love or hate, I can see why people who like more airy vape may not like it too much.

After watching that video you posted, I can confidently say we have the same RTA. My tank history goes backwards from the Doggystyle 2K18, then the Kayfun Prime, then a bunch of other Kayfuns and cartotanks. I've been pretty much dialed in the MTL scene since the beginning.

That being said, I almost never build below 1 ohm. I bought my Berserker off the classifieds here and really don't recall any premade could being included (maybe I need to double check).

I never thought too much about resistance changes occurring over time. I took it for granted it was par for the course. If it was ever a huge change, I'd either go back and make sure the posts are tightened, or built a new coil.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I have to say- I love the airflow on it

I do, too! There's 5 different settings to choose from. That's a lot of choices! I use my 24mm Berserkers set on the middle hole, the 3rd one. No problem for me with getting a really good, easy draw at that setting.

The ones that came with it- strange?- first rated at just below 0.5 ohm, but when I changed the tank on the mod for a few days, and then put berserker back on, they came up as just below 0.7? Have you seen something like this happen?

I haven't tried any of the coils that came with my Berserkers, because I definitely prefer 316L SS ones. With those and other coils I've used in the past on RTAs, there can be a variance of about .1 or less from time to time while a coil is in use. It also happens with many drop-in coils. For me, as long as it's not a huge change...it's all good.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yup I wouldn't worry to much about it, that sounds well within the realm of normalcy to be honest.

I'm really glad you are liking it. I used the fat small topfill that was a smaller tank and I never had a single issue with refilling or gurgling. I was using pretty high VG use at the time, if I think back on it. It was before I was introduced to PEG400 so my juice was like 90 VG although I'm fairly certain that wasn't the issue, that tank just seemed to function better in that configuration. If I am recalling correctly (gosh it was long ago) the other larger capacity tank, that was a PITA although I could be conflating some memories, too early to remember not enough coffee yet. I did love the flavor but yes, it is a very tight draw.
    Anna

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    That being said, I almost never build below 1 ohm. I bought my Berserker off the classifieds here and really don't recall any premade could being included (maybe I need to double check).
    I never thought too much about resistance changes occurring over time. I took it for granted it was par for the course. If it was ever a huge change, I'd either go back and make sure the posts are tightened, or built a new coil.
    I got 2 identical coils in the box, the one I'm using- i'm quite happy with it :)
    I thought I'd ask, because the change was 40%, from 0.5-0.7, i thought 40% is quite significant. But saying that it vapes... more than well
    I do, too! There's 5 different settings to choose from. That's a lot of choices! I use my 24mm Berserkers set on the middle hole, the 3rd one. No problem for me with getting a really good, easy draw at that setting.
    I don't have the berserker 24mm, mine's the mini 22mm version. I like it set on the largest hole= fuly open
    I haven't tried any of the coils that came with my Berserkers, because I definitely prefer 316L SS ones. With those and other coils I've used in the past on RTAs, there can be a variance of about .1 or less from time to time while a coil is in use. It also happens with many drop-in coils. For me, as long as it's not a huge change...it's all good.
    You should try the coils that were included in the tank, and I suggest ignoring my previous advice. The one about 23W. Yesterday I used 70/30 VG/PG for a change and had to go down on wattage to let it wic fast enough. Went down to 18W, it was pretty good. But today I refilled with 50/50, 18mg, rolling tobacco DIY mix. Went down to 15W. And it's great! I just draw a little bit lighter, letting the heat build up at the start. Flavor is exceptional compared to everything I tried so far: smok nord, horizontech nic salts stick, voopoo finic20, smok tfv12 prince, innokin endura t22e... berserker mini mtl RDA also arrived today but so far the RTA beats it. buti'll be able to tell better in a few days when I try different airflow configurations. Berserker mini mtl RDA is definitely way more advanced in terms of the airfow. 36 different configurations. Ive tried 3 so far :D

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Yup I wouldn't worry to much about it, that sounds well within the realm of normalcy to be honest.

I'm really glad you are liking it. I used the fat small topfill that was a smaller tank and I never had a single issue with refilling or gurgling. I was using pretty high VG use at the time, if I think back on it. It was before I was introduced to PEG400 so my juice was like 90 VG although I'm fairly certain that wasn't the issue, that tank just seemed to function better in that configuration. If I am recalling correctly (gosh it was long ago) the other larger capacity tank, that was a PITA although I could be conflating some memories, too early to remember not enough coffee yet. I did love the flavor but yes, it is a very tight draw.
    Anna
    I think the high vg saved you from issues. From what I noticed- when you screw the top cap on, you compress some of the air, and it pushes some liquid in, resulting in oversaturation. Hence the leaks. Another thing i noticed- liquid level. Might look fine after vaping for few hours but unscrew the cap and liquid will be drawn inside, showing true levels

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    You should try the coils that were included in the tank, and I suggest ignoring my previous advice.

I won't use any of the coils that come with my Berserkers. I save them for my neighbor to use in his. Besides the fact that I prefer 316L SS coils...I'm a 1ohm and above, very low wattage, Tootle Puffer. ;)

Last edited:

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I won't use any of the coils that come with my Berserkers. I save them for my neighbor to use in his. Besides the fact that I prefer 316L SS coils...I'm a 1ohm and above, very low wattage, Tootle Puffer. ;)
    Hehe sorry not sure why I said that, probably because I think that they perform very well, and I really enjoy that tank... and I had a few beers the day I replied to your post :D

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I have a question- do you guys also own the berserker mini mtl RDA?

I don't have any of them. By the time they came out, I already had more than enough RDAs. The only times I'll use one, is for taste-testing new DIY recipe samples and on the Pico Squeeze 2 (which I haven't tried yet).

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I don't have any of them. By the time they came out, I already had more than enough RDAs. The only times I'll use one, is for taste-testing new DIY recipe samples and on the Pico Squeeze 2 (which I haven't tried yet).
    Pico Squeeze 2 is on the way from China :) ordered last week

I've received the berserker mini RDA on Tuesday. I've seen multiple reviews on it, with few folks saying that the flavor on it beats the berserker mini RTA. However- I don't see this. I like the flavor better on the RTA. The coil is pretty much the same in both, same wicking cotton, same wattage- am I doing something wrong? By the way- I thought that cap on the RTA was a pain in the .... I was wrong- try adjusting the airflow on that RDA- nightmare! Cap on RTA is nothing

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I've seen multiple reviews on it, with few folks saying that the flavor on it beats the berserker mini RTA. However- I don't see this. I like the flavor better on the RTA.

I love the flavor I get with the RTA. It's 1 of the main reasons I decided the Berserker RTAs would be my choice of longterm RTA to stock up on in my stash. Of course, since I don't have the RDA, I can't compare them.

The coil is pretty much the same in both, same wicking cotton, same wattage- am I doing something wrong?

I don't think you are. RTAs have the domed-shaped deck cover and chimney that IMO, (and that of some others)...helps to concentrate and funnel the vapor, and therefore the flavor, directly to the user's mouth and taste buds. With an RDA...there's nothing there to do that. Just my :2c: though.

I thought that cap on the RTA was a pain in the .... I was wrong- try adjusting the airflow on that RDA- nightmare! Cap on RTA is nothing

Is there any way to lubricate it with a little VG maybe?

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Is there any way to lubricate it with a little VG maybe?
    I tried- lubricated it with the juice I'm using. Still, the amout of pressure required to turn it counter clockwise is higher than pressure needed to unscrew the tank. So basically tank unscrews first, the airflow ring won't move. Nothing to hold onto also when the tank is not scewed onto the mod. You can increase the airflow clockwise just fine but if you want to restrict, you need to remove the airflow ring/cap (or whatever it's called)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    By the way- I kept on top filling it, and mysteriously it stopped leaking on me a few days ago after filling. No problems since, weird. I haven't rewicked or even touched the wick.

Yep...that's weird. I've never had any leaking from my Berserkers (currently 2 full size + 1 mini in limited rotation), let alone leaking that would start and stop on its own. ;) Could it be the pressure inside equalized for some reason after that refilling, but not after earlier ones? Or...Maybe somehow it, or something else...knew you liked it better than the RDA...so decided it better behave, after all the nice things you said about it. :D

Reactions: PeterKay

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    I have a question- do you guys also own the berserker mini mtl RDA?
    I have the rda's and the rta's orig and v1.5.
    I dont have any problems with any of them. Theyre good for me. I have 4 on the go right now and a few stored away for spares so I can continue using them in the future.
    The rda and rta's are pretty much equal as far as flavour goes for me. I just prefer rta's over rda's.
    I did have the leaking issue for a while with the orig berserker but I havnt for a long time now. I put that down to learning how to best set up the rta and fine tuning as I went through the process.
    I use the mini's on 22mm mods and the 24mm berserkers on 24mm mods. Setting or moving the airflow isnt an issue. I use the berserker on the largest hole and always have so I dont really fiddle with the airflow. These are set and forget rta's, for me.
    If the 22mm mini is on a 26mm mod it can be a bit awkward adjusting the airflow if you are without nimble fingers or dexterity.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Yep...that's weird. I've never had any leaking from my Berserkers (currently 2 full size + 1 mini in limited rotation), let alone leaking that would start and stop on its own. ;) Could it be the pressure inside equalized for some reason after that refilling, but not after earlier ones? Or...Maybe somehow it, or something else...knew you liked it better than the RDA...so decided it better behave, after all the nice things you said about it. :D
    Haha that's possible :D
    My best guess is that the wick eventually settled, I refill 3-4 times a day so it wasn't just one random refill that went right. That wick is just about dead today, it's 3:30 am though and I can't be bothered to rewick. I'll do it tomorrow and see whether the leaking comes back

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I had to pass on the berserkers... not enough airflow for me (I like loose MTL) They are very popular with people that like tight draw. I would use 65VG/35PG because it wicks well enough but mostly because any more PG bothers my throat (just a personal opinion) There is also the option of thinning juice with a very small amount of distilled water (less than 5 %)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread