VG Liquid SAFER? according to E-Cig.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya,

Ive been spending the evening trying to find a low strength (6-8mg) e-liquid to try as my medium strength 14mg from e-cigs.co.uk is making me have headaches and feel dizzy, when i came across this concerning quote from e-cigs.com:

E-cigs.com now only sell VG e-liquid.
According to the site VG liquid is and i quote 'more safe, more healthier than traditional PG based e-liquid'.
Is this true and should i be switching?? It has me a little concerned.

Also, very few sellers offer e-liquid in such a low strength. Most only sell 11mg as their lowest nicotine strength. After that its 0mg.
I have found a few sellers that do but none ive come across so far sell the liquid packaged in child proof bottles.
This is very important to me as i have two small children.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of where to look for low strength e-liquid that comes in child proof bottles.
Id be very gratefull.

Thanks!!

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada
Hiya,

Ive been spending the evening trying to find a low strength (6-8mg) e-liquid to try as my medium strength 14mg from e-cigs.co.uk is making me have headaches and feel dizzy, when i came across this concerning quote from e-cigs.com:

E-cigs.com now only sell VG e-liquid.
According to the site VG liquid is and i quote 'more safe, more healthier than traditional PG based e-liquid'.
Is this true and should i be switching?? It has me a little concerned.

Also, very few sellers offer e-liquid in such a low strength. Most only sell 11mg as their lowest nicotine strength. After that its 0mg.
I have found a few sellers that do but none ive come across so far sell the liquid packaged in child proof bottles.
This is very important to me as i have two small children.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of where to look for low strength e-liquid that comes in child proof bottles.
Id be very gratefull.

Thanks!!
I don't think so. PG has the benefit of germicidal protection. VG has nothing going for it except as a thickener. If you have reactions to PG it is a good alternative. If you don't have bad reactions to PG you may find yourself with reactions to VG. I find VG builds up phlem in the lungs. I TW has a mixture of pg and vg, had to cut it with pg to make it usable.

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
Go to Cignot.com and order their 'mix' juice and cut yours down--VG instead of PG...I don't think one is safer than the other--just my opinion.

Welcome Aboard!

(Right off hand I haven't a clue about those 'childproof' caps...sorry. The ones I get from Cignot.com I have to take a pair of needle nose plyers to get them open because the cap is so small and does seem to have some kind of 'resistant' cap.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
She's in the UK (well ok Ireland if you wanna be acurate) so shipping is a big deal for her guys - also many of the US companies don't ship overseas /enthusiasm curb
:D

The short answer is: we don't know for sure, and neither do they unless they've got their hands on some research that we don't have access to. Just because it has hte word 'vegetable' in it doesn't make it safer alas. But it might be, we just have no conclusive proof one way or t'other.

Many thanks for all your help!

Being new to e-cigarettes and vaping, i still have a great deal to learn.
I ended up buying some pg liquid in menthol 8mg from liberty flights. It doesnt come in the childproof bottle that my others did, but i can always buy a larger childproof container to put it in.
One of the reasons i stuck with pg for now, was to try and find out if id still suffer from headaches and dizzyness on the very lowest strength. Hopefully not! But if i do, i may have to think about considering switching to vg.
Id quite like to try the 'mix' you suggested oldtechno but being new to vaping, i dont yet feel confident enough to cut it down myself.

Would it be possible to help me with one more thing? On searching through the sites, and reading up on e-liquid i was concerned by the long list of ingredients.
The breakdown of cignot's e-liquid is positively frightening.
Was i nieve in thinking that the only things contained in e-liquid were propelyne glycol, nicotine and water??

Thanks again for your help everyone, this site is a godsend to newbies like myself! xx

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Many thanks for all your help!

Being new to e-cigarettes and vaping, i still have a great deal to learn.
I ended up buying some pg liquid in menthol 8mg from liberty flights. It doesnt come in the childproof bottle that my others did, but i can always buy a larger childproof container to put it in.
One of the reasons i stuck with pg for now, was to try and find out if id still suffer from headaches and dizzyness on the very lowest strength. Hopefully not! But if i do, i may have to think about considering switching to vg.
Id quite like to try the 'mix' you suggested oldtechno but being new to vaping, i dont yet feel confident enough to cut it down myself.

Would it be possible to help me with one more thing? On searching through the sites, and reading up on e-liquid i was concerned by the long list of ingredients.
The breakdown of cignot's e-liquid is positively frightening.
Was i nieve in thinking that the only things contained in e-liquid were propelyne glycol, nicotine and water??

Thanks again for your help everyone, this site is a godsend to newbies like myself! xx
This is why I didn't get an A in geography :D
My excuse is Im a native Londoner - anything north of Watford is a bit dodgy for me to pinpoint lol

Ingredients btw - a lot of it is the normal stuff you find in food flavorings used for cooking - preservatives, stabilizers etc.

I also am concerned about child safety and seeing many do not have the child proof bottles and the so called child proof ones i did get i can open one handed, so i dont see how a child would be stopped by it, I have invested in a lockable first aid box, it will hold all my supplies easily, for now anyway and i can rest easy in the fact no child can get to my e-juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread