Veterans Day Contest...nominate a vet....you BOTH win a prize from SmokeStik!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Howdy all,

I'll keep my soapbox in the closet and just get to the point...LOL

ONE entry per person

Entry MUST consist of a nomination from you for another ECF member who is a veteran of any status in good standing (honorable or general discharge)....active,disabled,retired. It should include a reason why you thing this person needs a SmokeStik.

Winner picker by random number generator

Prize for the veteran....An autographed Halligan kit with Daniel Sunjata's autograph on the box plus a 20 pack of cartomizers and a red/white/blue Lanyard by Lorraine (picture to follow)
Prize for the entrant....your choice of SmokeStik kit and one 5pack of cartomizers

The veteran who wins is eligable for the 15% Military discount on future purchases when he/she calls with his/her branch of service and rank.

THANK A VETERAN TODAY BY ENTERING THE SMOKESTIK CONTEST!!!!!!!

A-holiday-Veterans-Day.jpg

(A veteran is considered any person who has served or is serving in either the Army,Navy,Airforce,Marines or CoastGuard......contest is open to all CURRENT allied nations)

Today, Veterans Day honors the duty, sacrifice and service of America’s nearly 25 million veterans of all wars. We should remember and celebrate those men and women. But lost in that worthy goal is the forgotten meaning of this day in history — the meaning which Congress gave to Armistice Day in 1926: “to perpetuate peace through good will and mutual understanding between nations … inviting the people of the United States to observe the day … with appropriate ceremonies of friendly relations with all other peoples.”

Last edited:

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
I don't know any veterans here on ECF. I know there are some...

The point to my post though is this:

What a wonderful thing to do! Our veterans, both past and present, gave freely of themselves, often to great detriment to their families and themselves, for OUR freedom. Anything done to honor them just warms my heart and makes me proud to be a part of this community and our great United States!

woody55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
Wow! Well I would have to nominate my son, he is BigDaddy8852 here on ECF. He is Honorably discharged after 6yrs in Navy aboard the USS George Washington! He has been trying to quit smoking but it has been difficult, He is currently using a generic 510 kit I won and gave to him. He goes back and forth from them to the nasties, but says the batteries just don't last him long enough. He drives a Tow Truck for a living so He doesn't have the money to put out on this so I help him as I can.(I share juice supplies with him) His main concern is taking care of his family. I told him quitting the nasties would be a big step in taking care of them! He agrees but just can't quite make change! Thank You for the chance to Honor him as I am very proud of him for his service to our country! I am also very proud of him for his continued effort to take care of his family!

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
I would like to nominate ECF member Rosco...I feel he deserves to win this kit because he is always so supportive and helpful to everyone. He also always makes sure to post in the thread for the Army guys, letting them know he is thinking of them and sending good thoughts their way. I know he served in Veitnam and we all know how hard it was on those guys to come back to an unsupportive USA...so it would be awesome if we could give him this kit to show him that "WE" here on ECF appreciate all he and his fellow soldiers gave for all of us!!!!

Thanks for the contest and the chance to honor a great person and Vet!:)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Original Post edited - My Bad :facepalm: - Just found out only one nomination per post . . ..

Given this I would like to nominate an ECF member - "Vapian" . . . He is a retired (1995) Navy Chief . . .

Although, I do not know "Vapian" that well, I did meet him here and do know that he is quite active throughout ECF . . . He has assisted and helped numerous people in many different ways, especially though "PIF" many times . . . All you have to do is check out his profile (View Profile: Vapian - E-Cigarette Forum) and look at his post to see what he has done for ECF & the ECF community so far and continues to do to this day . . .

One of the major highlights of many during "Vapian's" recent time here, is his creation and development of the "Cartomizerfillinator / Cartomizercleaninator" (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iscussion/200782-cartomizerfillinator-22.html) to assit people, especially those who have limited abilities and difficulty because of a possible medical conditions or age . . . He has also, generously donated and PIF these to a number of people already (including me) . . .

In addition, I would like to mention and to show the lighter-side of who he is too - "Vapian" is the author/singer of a song he created just for "us" (and many have taken as an ECF anthem of sorts) called "The Mailman Blues" (Vapin' Mailman Blues (Final) - YouTube)

Now is "Vapian" more deserving than anyone else who is also being nominated - absolutely not. Each and everyone being nominated in this thread (and also in our armed services) is as deserving and should be awarded a prize - not only for their service, but for their commitment to keeping "US" safe. More importantly, "We" would not be the community that we are, if it were not for their participation - both abroad and at home. I - for one, am very appreciative and THANKFUL ! ! !

View attachment 61012

(P.S. If my post should be lucky enough to randomly picked to "win"" a prize, I would appreciate very much if this would be passed on to either "UntamedRose," "BiancaMontgomery", "loxythe", or "beebopnjazz" to be placed in a "PIF" for a "Service Veteran" in need - Thank you ! ! !)

Last edited:

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
The following is Ironslave's e-cig story. I received his permission to post it. He is an active member of the US Air Force. Ironslave...... Big thanks to you and all the members of our military, for your dedication, commitment and sacrifices.

Well let's see. Vapeing helped me kick a habit that I have had since I was 10 years old. I am now 26 and I have been trying to quit since January after my mini stroke in November of last year. I quit as a new years resolution and picked up again in April. It helped improve my health and got my blood pressure back down but it was a tedious task and I couldn't afford to experiment. I have now quit again and I am smoke free for 3 weeks after buying 500 prefilled cartridges for 100$ on clearance just to make it easier to use. Once again I have a temporary solution and my wife will not let me buy any more supplies. She does not understand what it's like. This thing has helped change my life. They say 3rd times a charm so I hope I can keep with it for good this time.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I would like to nominate ECF member ARMYVAPR who is stationed overseas. A SmokeStic would be very helpful to him. Since he's out for long periods of time, having a spare battery would be a relief for him. He has 2 larger mods but he can't carry them on him because of the color and bulkiness. He also only has 1 slim ecig that he actually carries on his person but it doesn't last very long. Like I said, having a spare would be piece of mind while he dedicates his life to protect this country.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I would like to nominate ECF member Rosco who I believe is a Vietnam vet. I don't know this person personally but I hear that he is in the hospital with some serious problems and hasn't been online for awhile. I think a gift like this kit would really boost his spirits especially coming from an ECF supplier. Vietnam vets didn't get the glory or appreciation that other war vets got so this kit would be saying thank you for serving your country. If he is chosen and my name comes up in the drawing as the entrant, I would like him to have my prize also.

ManuDawg

Vape Proud
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Long Beach Ca
I would like to nominate krazy navy biker. The post above - see. :) Here is his story......

I enlisted in the Navy on 10 FEB 1995 and was on a plane to boot camp on 15 FEB 1995. After boot camp I did a 3 year tour on USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) and then went over to USS USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) for about a year. From there I went to Air Traffic Control school, after graduating I went to Naval Air Station Point Mugu for a 3 year tour. Next in line was USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) home port Japan, I check onto that ship about 4 day before 9-11 and of we went to fight the war on terrorism while my wife and kids we living in the Navy Lodge. after living in Japan for 4 years I came back to the States to do a 5 year tour at Fleet Area Control and Surveillance Facility San Diego (FACSFACSD). I am now attached to an Amphibious Assault Group here in San Diego Tactical Air Control Squadron Eleven (VTC-11). At this time we are setting up for our deployment date TDB.

I feel I have the most rewarding job anyone can have, I get to see the world for free, help those in need and test myself in ways many only get to dream of. The only draw back is leaving my family during deployment time but every job has it's draw backs.

...... Thank you for your service to this country krazynavybiker! And thank you to all the service men and women who are serving or have served our country!

P.S. - Uncle, although I would be very proud to say I am, I am not a member of the US Military.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Please note: This is not an entry, but just a reply for clarification purposes only . . .

P.S. - Uncle, although I would be very proud to say I am, I am not a member of the US Military.

My Bad :facepalm: - as I stated I was not sure of everyone that I had listed in my original post. Hoever, since then - as you may notice, I have revised my original post and only nominated one person that I am sure of that has served. As for the other names that I posted in my list that are our Service Veterans - I would really like to nominate all of them, espcally those that I know are serving now - but can't as per the instructions, that I stupidly did not read before posting :facepalm:
AND - BTW: Thank you for letting me know :)

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
i'm don't know any military vapers on ecf. can i nominate myself? 2006-present u.s. army OIF vet.

Hi ken... I saw the comment you left in the other thread I created, and since you were the first (and only) person to come over here from there so far, I would like to nominate you... if that's Ok with the Alpha Squirrel around here!!! :D

flickflick :)

Last edited by a moderator:

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
I would like to nominate Kritter. He was in the Vietnam campaign. I am proud of him for serving his country in a time when some of the people ( not all ) treated the veterens very badly. They didn't ask for that assignment but they still went and served proudly. He is also the father of a special needs daughter and he is a very good father to her

The reason he needs one is he cannot afford one at this time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread