Vegetable Glycerine Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamspleno95-055

Jul 18, 2015
Hawaii
Hello everyone, a quick question:
I came across a bottle of 100% vegetable glycerine from "Now Solutions" they market it as a skin care product "softens and moisturizes skin"
I believe this would be no problem for vaping as it is 100% pure, it's non GMO made from "palm or vegetable oil"
Has anyone used this VG?... would anyone try this VG?
the link to the company that makes it: Vegetable Glycerine - 16 oz. - NOW Foods

Thoughts and opinions welcome. Thanks

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I buy VG in 5 liter "jerry can" style plastic tubs from MFS. It works about to about $12 per liter. Five liters lasts a while.

No way to "know" how pure it is but MFS is a reputable vendor and they are selling it for the purpose of vaping it. It's cheap enough that I can't recommend trying to go even cheaper on juice supplies.

What I'm getting at is I wouldn't vape anything labeled for use as skin softer no matter how little it cost lol.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Has anyone used this VG?... would anyone try this VG?
the link to the company that makes it: Vegetable Glycerine - 16 oz. - NOW Foods

I and others have used it without issue and it doesn't have a weird aftertaste like some
drugstore VG.

NOW is a vitamin supplement manufacturer, not some backyard garage chemistry laboratory
run by Bubba the Toothless Gimp.

For peace of mind, you may want to purchase VG with a USP designation on the label as others
have suggested, but the NOW is fine if you're in a pinch.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I have used this and it works and tastes great. It does not specifically state USP but it states 'this product is considered food grade' on the back. It is for this reason I switched over to the Heritage brand which is $6 for 500mL. Heritage can be found at any Natural Grocers or Sprouts and is USP as well as Kosher VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread