Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
When I ordered the Vapre51 from Shawn almost two months ago, I was looking to replace and improve my JS. I wanted a device that would utilize the same batteries, take the same atty, fire up every single time I hit the switch and not leak in my pocket. In short, what I got was --

Exactly that, plus.

The Vapre51 has been my everyday device. This is a full-time report not a once in awhile review. I wanted and needed a device that I felt confident with, where I didn't have to carry a spare PV which is how I felt about the JS, with good reason. The Vapre51 has delivered. It is an excellent device in the 10440 battery class.

I bought the Vapre on pre-order, the very first run. I have no trepidation buying anything from Shawn. IMHO, Shawn is the most accessible of any PV vendor. Emails, PMs and forum posts are answered quickly. One gets the feeling that Shawn is a friend as well as a supplier. In fact, he assisted me in buying a second Vapre51 through the classifieds -- clearly something he didn't have to do.

The original Vapre51s are capable of adjusting the draw on the 801 attys. The instructions state that it is only possible to adjust the m201 attys, which isn't true and sells the device short, IMHO. I have been able to adjust the draw on all my 801 attys (BE112s, Dse 801s, Joye 302s) AND via the use of the atty adapters that Shawn also sells, I've been able to adjust my 510s! Next up for me, is the cartomizers with the 901 adapter...

If you're in the market for a small-ish PV, a top pocket device, that works as intended, visit Shawn and give the Vapre51 a look.

Death_Kitten

ECF Veteran
I got mine about half a month or so ago when they were $10 cheaper than normal and I love it. I use an M201 atty and drip when I am at home, use a cartridge when I go out and both work great. When I go to a movie I can just flip the batt around and continue using it through the movie. The only thing I didn't see any information on was how to adjust the amount of air flow. So if anyone could fill me in, thanks in advance.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I loved mine but both failed within days. :( I sent the 1st one back to Shawn and actualy got a replacement BEFORE he got my broken one back in return. The 2nd one worked for 2 days. It's sitting on my shelf. :(

I got mine the day before you, FH. I remember that distinctly and your vid review the next day.

The first one for you was user error, I think. Something about tightening the screw too much, maybe?

But, the second one? What's broken? I'm really surprised because mine has been trouble-free. I recently gave my spare to my daughter's b/f ... no problems there either.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I got mine about half a month or so ago when they were $10 cheaper than normal and I love it. I use an M201 atty and drip when I am at home, use a cartridge when I go out and both work great. When I go to a movie I can just flip the batt around and continue using it through the movie. The only thing I didn't see any information on was how to adjust the amount of air flow. So if anyone could fill me in, thanks in advance.

You may not have the option of adjustment, DK. I believe they stopped offering it. Shawn could tell you for sure.

If it *is* adjustable -- if you remove the atty and look at the center of the battery connection (magnifying glass helps) on the Vapre you'll see a tiny slotted screw head. Turning that screw out until it's flush with the center (brass) connector will cut off the maximum air flow and tighten the draw. Turning the screw in will increase the air flow and make the draw looser. Just go real slow when turning it in, a little at a time, trying it each time by putting the atty back on and testing it. There is no *stop* on that minute screw so it is possible to turn it in too far.

It's great that you can use the m201s on it. I haven't had much luck with them on the Vapre. I took the screw completely out of the body and still couldn't loosen the draw.

Death_Kitten

ECF Veteran
Thanks! I much prefer the M201 atty to the M801 that came with the Vapre. Much more vape production imo.

Edit: I just checked my Vapre51 and while it does not have a screw, there are threads on the inside where it looks like a screw could go. So it probably could be adjusted if I knew what size screw and threading it uses, but for right now it works with the M201 without a screw. And while a slightly harder draw on the M201 would be nice, and a much harder draw on the M801 would make it much more usable (right now the M801 draws so much air that I pretty much can't use it), I don't wanna use the wrong kind of screw and break it.

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've had mine less than two weeks but it appears to be very well-made. Good vapor and stylish to boot. I'm not crazy about the way the button dents your finger after a while or the way it "clicks" everytime you push it, but all in all it makes a nice addition to my PV collection.

FYI you can now get protected 500mAh 10440's, which makes these smaller PV's even nicer to carry around. I won't mention any sellers here but look around and you're sure to find them.

p.s. I've noticed I flood my attys out pretty easily when I stand my Vapre upright for any length of time. Anybody else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread