• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapor's Testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrior3995

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Saskatoon SK Canada
This is my story.
I started smoking when I was 16, and after it had me hooked nothing worked. At 18 I watched a 35yr old friend die from smoking, at 38 I watched my grandfather die from the same. I tried every known method, from the basic cold turkey to the strongest pharmaceuticals. None seemed to work, some even gave me dangerous thoughts. I had come to terms with the fact I would smoke until it killed me. I carried on even though at times it caused me financial hardship, ill effects magnified by smoking outside in winter and constant guilt that I should not be hurting my son with my addiction. A couple months ago I heard of vaping and got a hold of a couple individuals in the industry. I was convinced. It was not really time for me to have another attempt as I was in a high stress point in my life, but I decided to go get the equipment and a couple different juices for when it was time.
I tried the equipment and kept it handy, with a list of good tobacco flavors. I found myself using the vaporizer more and more instead of smoking, but I always relapsed. I got more flavors, non tobacco ones, and the relapses became less frequent. I tried a cigarette today and the taste revolted my taste buds after they have been treated to a bouquet of flavors. I can run up stairs that used to shorten my breath, have no more morning cough, breathe easier and have no guilt that I am poisoning my son. I am gradually reducing my nicotine level with the end goal of zero. I may continue to vape after my goal, as in this "hobby" I have met many supportive and unique people, and shops that truly care about their customers and are jumping to answer any questions I may have.
This has been a game, and a life changer for me at 41. I pray others may not be denied the opportunity and experience I have had.

Unlike · · Share

• Seen by 7
    You and 4 others like this.

[*]
    Remove
    Lance Barrett Thomas Maier, Mike Smider !
    13 hrs · Like
    [*]
    Remove
    Lance Barrett I give my permission for anyone to use my story to help the cause of Vaping, just let me know if you do!
    13 hrs · Like
    [*]
    Remove
    Greg A. Hamacher Thank You Lance, that was my thought here when I started this group so we will share our stories and anyone may read them even the lobbyists trying to control this gift called vaping, I will share this post on other forms as well so people can hear the truth.
    1 min · Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread