Vaporesso Armour S Kit review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the vaporesso Armour S Kit sent to me by the sourcemore Online shop. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Vaporesso Armour S Kit; Before starting, let's look together at some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

1. Uni-lock, protection against inadvertent activation
    2. AXON chip offers a full range of modes
    3. Supports one 18650/21700 cell
    4. Kit for advanced RDL/DTL vapers
    5. Soft TPU material protection
    6. One touch unlock
    7. Accurate taste, lasting 50% longer
    8. Fully compatible with GTi coils

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-2.jpg

► Vaporesso Armour S Kit; Packaging:
    The black/green cardboard packaging states on the front: the brand name, name and image of this device. On the back of the package there are; the specifications, the packing list, the bar code, some warnings and the whole series of legal logos/marks. From the side you can see; some main features, a hologram and Scrath & Check for anti-counterfeiting control.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-3.jpg

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-4.jpg

► Vaporesso Armour S Kit; Packing List:
    1 * Vaporesso Armor S Mod
    1 * Vaporesso iTank 2 (5ml)
    1 * GTi 0.2Ω Mesh Coil (pre-installed)
    1 * GTi 0.4Ω Mesh Coil (in package)
    1 * Extra Glass Tube
    1 * Tank Protective Cover (pre-installed)
    2 * O-rings
    1 * Refill Silicone Cap
    1 * Reduction for 18650 (inside the Mod)
    1 * Type-C Cable
    1 * User Manual and Warranty Card
    1 * Safety Manual
    1 * Reminder Card

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-5.jpg

► Vaporesso Armour S Kit; Specifications:
    • Size: 154.8*41.9*36mm
    • Capacity: 5ml
    • Coil resistance: 0.2Ω Mesh Coil GTi (60-75W), 0.4Ω Mesh Coil GTi (50-60W)
    • Battery capacity: 1*21700 or 18650 battery (not included)
    • Output power: 5-100W
    • Charging Current: DC 5V/2A, Type C
    • Display: 0.96 inch TFT screen

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-6.jpg

► Vaporesso Armour S Kit; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Silver
    • Green
    • Yellow
    • Orange

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-7.jpg

► Vaporesso Armour S Kit; First Impressions:
    I was very favorably impressed by the previous Armor Max Kit test: Review
    Considering the excellent premises of the previous Kit, I asked @Sourcemore to also send me the Armor S Kit version which differs mainly in the use of a single 18650/21700 cell. Therefore smaller dimensions and halved max power (100W). However, Armor S Mod maintains a super attractive aesthetic, excellent finishes with good overall quality. The Armor S Kit includes iTank 2 which is among the best performing vaporizers ever among those that use pre-assembled coils.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-8.jpg

The online shop @sourcemore kindly sent me the "Silver" color version of the Armour S Kit for this test. The Mod has a sturdy zinc alloy frame covered largely in TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) which is a material similar to rubber with excellent characteristics of flexibility and tensile strength, furthermore this covering material gives the Mod a good degree of impact protection, a secure grip and high comfort when held. Armor S is therefore designed to last over time and to better resist daily wear and tear.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-9.jpg

The bottom of the Mod with its TPU coating allows for silent support, and the Mod adheres stably to any surface on which it is placed. On the top we find a centrally located steel cup with 510 thread and gold-plated spring-loaded contact pin.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-10.jpg

An interesting element of this Mod is the fact that you can install rather large atomizers like the iTank 2, but even with smaller atomizers like the 22/24mm ones for MTL, the mod does not impact in an unpleasant aesthetic way, and for some it could be really extraordinary to be able to take advantage of a huge 21700 cell to obtain great autonomy in MTL vaping.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-11.jpg

The rear part of the Armour S Mod centrally houses a metal plate with the writing "Vaporesso" inside. Directly below is the slider button to open the battery door, by pushing the button down the door will open immediately thanks to powerful springs.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-12.jpg

The battery only fits one way and the polarity is indicated on the inside of the hinged door. You can then insert a 21700 cell or you can insert an 18650 cell using the plastic reduction present in the package.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-13.jpg

The front part of Armour S Mod is covered by the previously mentioned black TPU material, inside the panel we find; the power button, the 0.96" TFT display, the adjustment keys and the Type-c charging port. The Fire button has the uni-lock design which consists of a sliding mechanism similar to that of opening the compartment/ Cells. By sliding the button up you can activate the Fire button lock safety feature which is very useful when you store the mod in your pockets. To reactivate the button, you can simply slide it down. The TFT color display from 0.96 is protected and recessed and shows all the essential data in a sufficiently clear and intuitive way. Once the power button is unlocked, you can adjust the power with the "+ and -" keys which are marked with directional arrows "Up and Down".

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-14.jpg

Armour S Mod is supported by AXON chip and features Smart F(t)/Pul/ECO/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI modes to customize your vaping experience.
    ► Operation Guide:
    • Turning on/off: 5 clicks on the Fire button
    • Lock/unlock: Slide the Fire button up or down, the device can also be locked by holding the "+ and -" buttons together. Press both again to unlock them.
    • To access the full settings, press the "menu" button 3 times, once inside, use the "+" and "-" adjustment buttons to adjust the various parameters. To confirm, press the menu button.

► Settings Mode
    You can adjust the power from 5 to 100W in increments/decreases of 1W at a time. Turn Smart mode on or off, lock temperature control, reset puff counter, choose color theme, adjust brightness or restore default settings.

► F(t) mode (default)
    This mode automatically adjusts the best temperature, speed and heating time of the resistance. According to Vaporesso the F(t) mode adequately releases the flavors of the liquid and offers a perfectly balanced tasting experience consistently from the first puff. This is made possible by a series of different voltages applied in rapid succession during each puff.

► PUL (Pulse Mode)
    It is a mode designed by Vaporesso that sends pulses to the output voltage every 0.02 seconds to maintain a stable output and to improve the vaping experience. It is stated; an increase in flavor, a maximized perception of nicotine with a great Hit, and a vapor with a perfect and constant temperature.

► Smart function
    The very useful Smart function reads the resistance of the coil you are using after being activated, automatically setting the power to an appropriate wattage. Using this feature prevents dry burning and potential damage to the coil.

► Eco function
    It allows you to save discharge energy, according to Vaporesso this function offers increased autonomy of approximately 20/30%.

► Temperature control mode
    Choose based on the coil material; stainless steel, nichrome or titanium.

• Axon Chip Includes protections: Low/High Resistance, Overheating, Short Circuit, Overload/Overdischarge.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-15.jpg

► Vaporesso iTank 2 Edition;
    The 5ml capacity iTank-2 tank for Armour S is equipped with a valuable glass protection made of soft silicone, furthermore the tank has been recently renewed and derives from the original iTank awarded by vaping360.com as the best Sub-Ohm atomizer of the 2022. Mainly I noticed the good construction quality of this tank which is solid and well finished and can be easily dismantled for cleaning. One of the main innovations of iTank-2 is represented by a new filling method which consists of a convenient button to press. The spring inside the mechanism forcefully snaps the top cap to the side. The engraving of a "red reference dot" in the Top-Cap indicates where the opening button is located. The filling port is protected by a silicone membrane (replaceable) to avoid leakage problems.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-16.jpg

iTank-2 uses a two-way adjustable AFC system called "Turbo Airflow" which guarantees a large air flow but also good puff shrinkage. The rotating bezel of the AFC is equipped with rotation stops and is very well applied to the base. The base adopts a self-circulation system of the electronic liquid, in practice the internal conformation facilitates the recirculation of the condensate to vaporize it again, reducing the loss on the bottom. The base must be unscrewed and separated from the Tank to insert the GTi coils from the bottom.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-17.jpg

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-18.jpg

► Vaporesso Mesh Coil GTi and vaping test:
    Vaporesso supplies two coils from the new GTi range with this tank, both suitable for DL type vaping.
    • 0.2Ω GTi Mesh Coil (60-75 W):
    Using the Smart function, the Axon chipset sets the power of this coil to 70W by default, therefore 5W below the maximum power of this coil (60-75W). Operation at 70W is "explosive" with an impressive activation speed without however making the vapor boil. Also considering a lower energy expenditure of the single battery I found my weak point at 65W with AFC wide open! This turns out to be a high-performance coil that throws you into a world of dense clouds and excellent flavors. Every time I use this coil it's pure lust, I have always considered Vaporesso as the company capable of designing the best pre-packaged coils in the entire sector.

• 0.4Ω GTI Mesh Coil (50-60 W):
    Using the Smart function, the Axon chipset sets the power of this resistor to 55W, recommended range (50-60W).
    Compared to the previous one, this resistance provides a slightly narrower and less satisfying vape in terms of flavor and cloud production. At 50W I found my "Best" in combination with an AFC opening of 3/4. In general, the 0.2Ω coil has an overall higher performance, as it should be. However, the 0.4Ω resistor allows for longer battery life.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-19.jpg

► Final Conclusions:
    As had happened with the previous Armour MAX, I also really appreciated this kit which offers an unchanged unmistakable and aggressive look with high-quality finishes and first-rate materials. Armor S is probably not the smallest 18650/21700 single battery kit on the market, nor the lightest or most ergonomic. In fact, the TPU coating contributes to increasing the diameter of the Mod and the position of the Fire button (uni-lock) is not very ergonomic. I would undoubtedly have preferred the Fire button on one of the narrow sides of the Mod.

However, the positive notes concern many aspects. The power that the Mod expresses is truly realistic and the reaction time when you press the button is immediate. Plus, locking your device has never been easier with the Uni-lock/fire button. The quick-release battery door allows for quick cell replacement in seconds. The screen layout is rational, so it is easy to navigate the menu and view all the necessary information. The available settings are interesting. The F(t) mode is my favorite and I think it adds quality and consistency to the flavor. Furthermore, the iTank 2 is well protected by its useful silicone armor, and with its GTi Coils it is most likely the best RDL/DTL (entry level) vaporizer you can find on the market today.

• From @Sourcemore you can purchase Vaporesso Armor S Kit at the convenient price of $45.39 by entering the code: VASK

Thanks for reading.

Vaporesso-Armor-S-Kit-20.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread