Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Updated with Peach review:

After hearing some positives about VaporBomb, I decided to give them a try.

Ordered 100% PG, 12mg liquids.

Peach
Watermelon
Apple Pie
Coconut

And the owner was nice enough to throw in Cream Soda for me to try.

All were tried in new Boge LR 510 cartos on an eGo batt and a 5 volt passthrough.

Coconut - Nice light coconut flavor but VERY little vapor and absolutely no throat hit.

Apple Pie - Not happy with the flavor at all. Very little like Apple Pie. Friends could not identify the flavor. Again, VERY little vapor and absolutely no throat hit.

Cream Soda - Nice creamy soda-y flavor... but... VERY little vapor and absolutely no throat hit.

Peach - A wonderful peachy flavor. Low vapor and NO throat hit. Damn!

Watermelon - I give up. I'm not even going to waste another carto on this. I'll just mix it with some 24mg Dekang Watermelon I have left. I used to mix this with 0mg Watermelon to give me an 11/12mg liquid.

I'm a bit of a throat hit guy. I use the least about of nic that will give me a satisfying hit.
I typically use 100% PG Dekang @ 11mg and I get plenty of vapor and throat hit in my cartos. LR on my eGo and NR on my passthrough.

Last edited:

Pur3Rush

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Peach and watermelon should taste very good. The green apple is also very good. These flavors taste exactly like the name to me. Not to bash you becuase you know what you are talking about, but I don't see how you get a lot of vapor from 100% pg. Since you can customize your vg/pg content, if you add at least 10 to 20% vg you get good throat hit and vapor without compromising the flavor at all, plus it makes the flavor a bit "wetter" if that makes any sense.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Peach and watermelon should taste very good. The green apple is also very good. These flavors taste exactly like the name to me. Not to bash you becuase you know what you are talking about, but I don't see how you get a lot of vapor from 100% pg. Since you can customize your vg/pg content, if you add at least 10 to 20% vg you get good throat hit and vapor without compromising the flavor at all, plus it makes the flavor a bit "wetter" if that makes any sense.

From day one, I've always used Dekang liquids. When I started, them, along with Johnson Creek were pretty much the only games in town.

Since my Dekang's have always been 100% PG, that's what I compare to. I've never had any issue from them as far as vapor and throat hit is concerned. They've always been very consistent.

I do understand your comment about a "wetter" flavor, however...

In my experience, VG smooths out the throat hit, but increases vapor, so I don't see how adding VG would help the hit, especially since I get such a nice hit from my 11mg Dekang which is 100% PG. If anything, adding VG should work against a throat hit.

I typically order 10%-20% VG from US vendors, but in this case, I wanted to directly compare the Watermelon and Peach to Dekang. The reason being is that I'm looking for a cost effective, US based alternative to Dekang liquids.

Christopherdav1d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Milford, CT
After hearing some positives about VaporBomb, I decided to give them a try.

Ordered 100% PG, 12mg liquids.

Peach
Watermelon
Apple Pie
Coconut

And the owner was nice enough to throw in Cream Soda for me to try.

All were tried in new Boge LR 510 cartos on an eGo batt and a 5 volt passthrough.

Coconut - Nice light coconut flavor but VERY little vapor and absolutely no throat hit.

Apple Pie - Not happy with the flavor at all. Very little like Apple Pie. Friends could not identify the flavor. Again, VERY little vapor and absolutely no throat hit.

Cream Soda - Nice creamy soda-y flavor... but... VERY little vapor and absolutely no throat hit.

Haven't tried the other two yet.

I'm a little bit of a throat hit guy. I use the least about of nic that will give me a satisfying hit.
I typically use 100% PG Dekang @ 11mg and I get plenty of vapor and throat hit in my cartos. LR on my eGo and NR on my passthrough.

I'll edit this when I try the peach and watermelon. But I don't have a lot of hope.

I purchased about 8 flavors from vaporbomb a month or two ago after seeing a review for there juices and I was really disapointed. One of them, "Birthday Cake" tasted IDENTICAL to a bar of Ivory soap! All of the desert flavors had almost no sweet flavor and tasted nothing like what the names were. Out of the eight flavors, only one was AT ALL vapable. And that was the strawberry waffle. And even that one I was only able to vape after adding my own sweetener and doctoring it up. All of there juices just had a bad taste to me.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I purchased about 8 flavors from vaporbomb a month or two ago after seeing a review for there juices and I was really disapointed. One of them, "Birthday Cake" tasted IDENTICAL to a bar of Ivory soap! All of the desert flavors had almost no sweet flavor and tasted nothing like what the names were. Out of the eight flavors, only one was AT ALL vapable. And that was the strawberry waffle. And even that one I was only able to vape after adding my own sweetener and doctoring it up. All of there juices just had a bad taste to me.

I understand. Taste is so subjective in this game. You can read rave reviews about a liquid and want to throw up after trying it!

Add the fact that you have friends of companies getting liquids for free and reviewing them adds to the confusion.
Plus I'm sure there are companies with stealth user names writing reviews for themselves.

Recently, I saw a video from one of the main reviewers who I respect a lot. He got a bunch of liquids from a company and started off his review with... "I'm only going to review the ones I liked." Well, there you have it!

I typically look for good deals and try the liquids for myself.

BUT! For me, no throat hit is an instant deal breaker.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I'm sorry it wasn't a good experience, mate.
Cinnabomb will offer some throat hitt. :)

I like strong flavors, if you ever felt like trying vb again I could suggest Monster 80/20 pg/vg 24 mg, on a fresh lr atty at 3.7.
Or lemonade...hmm.

Sent from my Droid

Thanks for your response.

I've been vaping AC for my cinnamon rush. That stuff is crazy in vapor, flavor, and hit. Although it's a hit you need to get used to because it hits in the throat, the back upper part of your mouth, your tongue, etc. Unreal @ 12mg.

I like to keep my nic level DOWN while maintaining a satisfying a throat hit, so if I can get a throat hit off an 11mg Dekang, why would I want to go to a 24mg?

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I envy those that like fruit flavors... I have never found one fruit flavor that I liked... VB is my favorite but for certain flavors (no fruit)... some really like em.
If you want TH and fruit i suggest BWB....
PureVapes has some "tingley" additive that imo adds TH, which i don't care about.
VB is known as a "better" vendor although it certainly doesn't "own" the market...for sure.
The only fruit i come close to liking is TV Geoffs blend... but sort of a candy fruit.
Oh and KBV Cantaloupe...fresh fruit taste but mild.

I can't help your quest but for others interested...you can probably sell them off in classifieds.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I envy those that like fruit flavors... I have never found one fruit flavor that I liked... VB is my favorite but for certain flavors (no fruit)... some really like em.
If you want TH and fruit i suggest BWB....
PureVapes has some "tingley" additive that imo adds TH, which i don't care about.
VB is known as a "better" vendor although it certainly doesn't "own" the market...for sure.
The only fruit i come close to liking is TV Geoffs blend... but sort of a candy fruit.
Oh and KBV Cantaloupe...fresh fruit taste but mild.

I can't help your quest but for others interested...you can probably sell them off in classifieds.

Thanks. I always have a stack of liquids that I tried and didn't like. This is why when I first try a new liquid, I'll order the smallest amount they have.

I usually give them away to friends or trade. The peach and watermelon from VB, I mixed with my Dekang to 1) stretch out my Dekang and 2) give the VB some throat hit.

At 12mg, I usually get some throat hit from most liquids I've tried. VB surprised me with none whatsoever.

I actually ordered some Malty & Applewood from BWB today. I'm typically not a tobacco vaper, but I've heard so many good things about this liquid that it was time to give it a try. Also have some Boba from AVE on order. It's just fun getting new flavors in the mail every day!

Yeah, I like the fruity stuff for an all-day vape. But I'm always trying new stuff.

Also ordered some fruity TopVapor liquid today from MadVapes to see how that is. I hope it's good, cause it's nice and cheap.

So many liquids to try, so little time! I started a thread here to see what people consider to be MUST TRY liquids:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/174627-must-try-eliquids.html

Last edited:

Robolsson

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2011
new joisey
Though i'm really enjoying my Vapor Bomb juices (Especially the mango) I definitely see what you mean by the lack of throat hit. I actually seem to vape these when I really don't want the biggest throat hit, and they're 24mg of nic. I'm getting a great taste and vapor production from all of my juices from them (mango/peach/key lime/blackberry 80pg/20vg) but definitely much less TH than the other vendors i've tried.

Overall I've been fairly satisfied, it was very awesome of them to throw in a free 5ml of blackberry.

Last edited:

unfadeable

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Georgia
Though i'm really enjoying my Vapor Bomb juices (Especially the mango) I definitely see what you mean by the lack of throat hit. I actually seem to vape these when I really don't want the biggest throat hit, and they're 24mg of nic. I'm getting a great taste and vapor production from all of my juices from them (mango/peach/key lime/blackberry 80pg/20vg) but definitely much less TH than the other vendors i've tried.

Overall I've been fairly satisfied, it was very awesome of them to throw in a free 5ml of blackberry.

Whats your take on blackberry?? :laugh:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I get a TH from Vapor Bomb. Maybe not as much as one of the tobaccos, but for a fruit- more than other vendors. Did you let it steep? The first time I ordered peach I forgot to change the little drop down, or I messed up and ordered 30mg nic and 100%PG and that was a bit too much. Now I order the big bottles of 24 mg. 80GP/20VG and it's pretty great for me. Sometimes I add a drop or two of Artic Ice to it to give it a little zest. I do the same thing with their blueberry.

It really did need to steep though.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I hear ya swede,
I don't like TH, and thats why i don't order plain fruit flavors ... i've noticed good th from some of their fruits too.

arctic ice is one of my all time faves and goes good with everything...

since i don't like TH, i go with 18mg at the most... and a 50/50 pg/vg to get good flavor and vapor balance.
I get a TH from Vapor Bomb. Maybe not as much as one of the tobaccos, but for a fruit- more than other vendors. Did you let it steep? The first time I ordered peach I forgot to change the little drop down, or I messed up and ordered 30mg nic and 100%PG and that was a bit too much. Now I order the big bottles of 24 mg. 80GP/20VG and it's pretty great for me. Sometimes I add a drop or two of Artic Ice to it to give it a little zest. I do the same thing with their blueberry.

It really did need to steep though.

vapi

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
Vapor Bomb is one of my favorite suppliers, one of my first juice purchases came from there and I remember needing more TH so I added quantum hit in these juices. I haven't had the need for TH as much as I did in the beginning and I went back to try the arctic ice I added this in and I couldn't take it, I can't believe I used to pour Qhit in instead of a couple drops! So my next order coming in won't be getting any TH additives from me.

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
I received my first order from Vapor Bomb yesterday and it was really a terrible experience. Maybe I picked the wrong flavors? Everything seemed to taste and smell like vodka. I got cheesecake, white chocolate, butterscotch, banana cream pie, cinnamon danish swirl and green apple. The green apple was tolerable but the others tasted weird and smelled like booze. Has anyone else had this happen? Will letting it steep help this? How long should I let it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread