• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
Hi all,

I had a question for you all...just as a matter of curiousity.

My question: Do you believe you now vape because you need nicotine, or do you vape because you just need the simulated physical act of smoking?

My vaping history: when I first started vaping in Sept 09 I quickly found that 12mg/ml nic did it for me. And, from the first hit I took from an ecig - I knew I would never smoke again - and didn't.

I know that if I were not allowed, for some reason, any access to vaping hardware and liquid - I would not smoke. I might get a bit grumpy for a day or two...but I would never smoke again. Obviously, the physical "hand to mouth, puff" thing is a very powerful "left over" part of smoking for me.

So, I am just curious to hear others opinions/feelings on this subject.

Agentaaron

Mar 2, 2010
The Q
I a still very new to this. I have only been off analogs since Feb 13th. If my e-cig was not an option for me I would probably still be on them.

I had tried to quit many times over but have never been able to even pass the 1 week mark without falling off (kinda sad I know). I dont think I ever smoked purely out of habit but because I need the relaxing effect of the nic. My e-cig provides this for me in what we all believe to be a much healthier alternative. Right now I am still on the 24mg level, but do plan on trying to eventually reduce myself to 0mg. At that point, I can start just vaping for the flavor (as long as its available).

Cheers

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
I a still very new to this. I have only been off analogs since Feb 13th. If my e-cig was not an option for me I would probably still be on them.

I had tried to quit many times over but have never been able to even pass the 1 week mark without falling off (kinda sad I know). I dont think I ever smoked purely out of habit but because I need the relaxing effect of the nic. My e-cig provides this for me in what we all believe to be a much healthier alternative. Right now I am still on the 24mg level, but do plan on trying to eventually reduce myself to 0mg. At that point, I can start just vaping for the flavor (as long as its available).

Cheers

Well, I don't know if I could have done w/o a cigarette just one month after vaping - had the vaping been taken away. But now I can say w surity I would not smoke.
Now that I can quantify how powerful the physical "pacifier" habbit is...I am just amazed! No wonder it is so hard to quit analogs...two powerful components....chemical and physical. I am super happy to be left w just the "pacifier" habit..minus the smoke...and lots of flavors to keep me happy! I inhale infrequently...I just really enjoy the puffing. This is what really led me to analyzing why do I even continue to vape? Habit!!!

wave42

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New Mexico
Oh, I definitely be grumpy but I don't think I'd revert to analogs.

This has been a crappy week. My 12 year old dog had a sudden stroke and died in my arms just after midnight Tuesday. We had to take him out to our property 28 miles away to bury him in the frozen ground. It took over an hour to get there because 20 miles of it is unmaintained county roads that have been destroyed during hunting season with crossover ruts 8" deep. He was a big dog so it took us 6 hours with a pick ax and shovels to get a big enough and deep enough hole to protect him from the coyotes (who were howling nearby as we worked). By the time we got him properly buried, the sun was up and starting to melt the road and we had to dig out several times on the way back. Of course, I left my ecigs behind. I had a half a pack of analogs in the glove compartment of my Jeep and I never touched them. I figure if I can get through that without smoking, normal life ought to be a breeze.

Firegrl

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.geekgods.net

This has been a crappy week. My 12 year old dog had a sudden stroke and died in my arms just after midnight Tuesday. We had to take him out to our property 28 miles away to bury him in the frozen ground. It took over an hour to get there because 20 miles of it is unmaintained county roads that have been destroyed during hunting season with crossover ruts 8" deep. He was a big dog so it took us 6 hours with a pick ax and shovels to get a big enough and deep enough hole to protect him from the coyotes (who were howling nearby as we worked). By the time we got him properly buried, the sun was up and starting to melt the road and we had to dig out several times on the way back. Of course, I left my ecigs behind. I had a half a pack of analogs in the glove compartment of my Jeep and I never touched them. I figure if I can get through that without smoking, normal life ought to be a breeze.

Oh how sad about your dog! It sounds like you found a beautiful, peaceful place for him to rest. If you can make it through that, you can make it through anything!

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
Sorry to hear about your dog Wave, but it is good he died with you and lived to a good age for a big dog. I know how much a good dog can mean to you.
As for the question I am not sure I am a good subject because I use nasal snuff along with vaping but I think I vape for the simulated act of smoking rather than nicotine. I am only using 10mg and I really cannot tell much difference between it and the stronger ones I have used as far as nicotine content goes. I am not convinced we get that much nicotine from vaping. I satisfy my nicotine habit with snuff. I vape in situations where I would normally smoke or when I need something to do with my hands....most of that is just habit in my opinion.

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory

This has been a crappy week. My 12 year old dog had a sudden stroke and died in my arms just after midnight Tuesday. We had to take him out to our property 28 miles away to bury him in the frozen ground.

I am so sorry your beloved pup passed away. I have not been on much lately....so I did not see your post until now. It is always an extremely difficult time to loose one of our beloved dear furry family members - I am sorry for your loss. If something that difficult did not drive you to a "handy" analog...nothing could!

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
Thanks for all the replies to my question. They are all interesting answers. It goes to show how entirely "individual" addiction to cigs/nicotine was/is from person to person. It appears as if for some vapors it is just the physical habit, some the nicotine, some - both. The existance of differences between individual nicotine/smoking addictions never would have occured to me when I smoked....it just seemed like smokers smoked! :) Interesting!!

SpottedPony

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Rattlesnake territory
I don't know that I need nicotine per se; I do know that I run better and last longer on a full charge of nicotine and caffeine! lol

lol
Well, I have long since noticed that after I stopped smoking...I have to be very careful about drinking coffee. I had to buy decaf because I have always enjoyed drinking a relatively large amoung of coffee - but after quiting I would really feel its effect. I had never prior purchased decaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread